Peanuts

Ko Dokomo_sl

shitlord
I suppose it was inevitable. At a first glance the conversion to CGI doesn't make me want to rage, but the disconnect between CGI perfect grass and hand drawn facial features is a bit jarring. In the end though, it will live or die on the plot.

1395087914000-PEANUTS-MOV-JY-3248--62826292.JPG

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/m...D=z639ci904gi0

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
I don?t know. As someone who grew up watching ?A Charlie Brown Christmas?, ?It?s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown? and saw the first airing of ?A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving? in 1973, as well as their first movie, ?Snoopy, Come Home? in 1972, there is something about staying with the original cell animation that I would greatly prefer.

I?m hoping it doesn?t but I think it just might take something away from those of us who remember and grew up with the Peanuts Gang. Then again, the movie isn?t being made for us, it?s being made for kids and they will probably love it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the profile in 2d is fine. in 3d as soon as the camera pans around and we see charlie brown's giant globe of a head. the kids will be creaming in terror.
tongue.png

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As long as we finally get a Peanuts movie where everyone doesn't hate on Charlie Brown constantly, I'll be happy. Peanuts is depressing as fuck.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Lucy was the only one who was a dick to CB. and maybe the kids in that douchebag camp who raced them on the river. CB just had bad luck, but he was essentially well liked.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Have you ever seen A Charlie Brown Christmas? It's 55 minutes of shitting all over Charlie Brown. Just because Lucy is the one who pulls the football from him when he tries to kick it doesn't mean she is the only one who hates him.

You of all people should be sticking up for your fellow Chu(c)ks!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
its been probably over 20 years since i watched that special so i dont remember what happened exactly. i just dont recall anyone hating on charlie brown so much.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
They should use the 3D new fangled CGI. But keep the old style jumpy animation ie: 2 drawn frames for an entire step while walking etc .

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Peanuts sucks. Snoopy is the only redeeming factor and that's mostly just in the classic era newspaper strips.

Blackyce

I loved and still love the old Peanuts holiday specials and movies. It was also the only time we'd get to see Dolly Madison commercials as well as the Jungle Book TV special Rikki-Tikki-Tavi.

rrr_img_62979.jpg

Blackyce

even more blasphemy, my favorite charlie brown special is "race for your life , charlie brown"
Race for your life, Charlie Brown is a good movie. I remember seeing it and Star Wars at the drive in like 3-4 times in the summer of 1977.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
I like the art direction. I also like how they did not change the character features much and kept them close to the original. Im optimistic.