Pen & Paper/Traditional RPGs

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've worked in a handful of game stores, managed two of them, and seen every single one circle the drain and go out of business while I was powerless to stop them because I couldn't overrule the owner. Hell, the first one I ever managed the owner basically handed the store over to me at the end, but there was no way to climb out of the hole he had dug. The only reason he didn't go out of business a couple years earlier was because of the crazy amount of sales that were generated by the releases of 3E and the Vampire the Masquerade Revised. You wouldn't think Vampire would be such a big deal, but larping was really big in the area at the time and since they included live action conversions for all the new stuff in the clanbooks, they sold like hotcakes. Think we sold 10 of the new Tremere clanbooks the day it was released.

But then he would do shit like order 20 of the limited edition hardcover Mage the Ascension LARP rule book because he loved mage and the hardcover vampire rulebooks were super popular. Nevermind the fact that there was no mage larp anywhere in the area, and the national organization that governed the larp group didn't allow PC mages (storytellers could use NPC mages for plots at their own discretion within reason), he loved mage so he ordered 20 of the books. Think he still had 16 or 17 of them when the store closed down.

Another place I managed was half consignment store half game store, but I eventually realized the store only stayed in business because the owner was supplementing the sales with cash from the disability checks she got for herself, her son, and her mother. I don't know if her mother was even still alive. And she did a brisk business ripping off the younger Pokemon, Yugioh, and Magic players in trades, which was something I ordinarily went out of my way to prevent. I noped my way out of there after a couple months, once I'd gotten as much fun as I could out of her Captain America and The Avengers cabinet. I wonder if she still has it, or has any idea what it's worth. It was in great condition and the only one I saw after a quick google search was over 2k.

*edit*

I'd kill for the capital to start my own, but there's currently no room in the town I'd open it in.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
If anyone wants to help me test combat mechanics DL fantasy grounds and join "cold grave ugly zone" PW butts please use your username from the boards. Putting together a crud dungeon crawl as I type this.

This is pathfinder because it is what I know best right now.

Rush

Silver Knight of the Realm
Done this twice, can I join your game in demo mode? That could be the issue.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Yeah you need the free license version, which I see is the same version. Working fine for Vaclav, not sure what is going on with you Rush. Thanks for trying though.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Is there any talk of like a generic roleplaying system for 5th edition, sorta like D20 Modern was for 3rd edition?

I want to run something like an X-com ripoff game, if I find friends to play it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
X-Corps first contact if they ever actually launch the goddamn kickstarter to translate it to English. I'd do that shit for free tbh. I mean I assume the kickstarter would also try and include some of the publishing costs but I would honest to god do the translation work for free. Hell I'd do it for free on every X-Corps book they release in exchange for a free copy.

First Contact Home | Aka Games

*edit*

Fuck it, I'm going to email Aka games tomorrow. I could use something to do besides vegging out on Marvel Heroes and Hearthstone.

Remmy

Golden Knight of the Realm
3.5 e6 is a blast if your DM is pro. Keeps the druid/wizard power curve to a reasonable level, and combat stays pretty quick.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Hatorade, did you get Fantasy Grounds to work the way you wanted? Have you used it before?
Haven't tried it until last night but it is moving along, got melee/ranged combat down, need to work on spells and adding encounters/story reliably but I do any real hosting.

Rush

Silver Knight of the Realm
After using it for 5 minutes or so as a player, things were pretty easy to figure out. It also helped that I was FINALLY able to connect...