Penny Dreadful

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What a first episode to the season! This is going to be a great season! Holy fuck at the end! lol

Araxen

I enjoyed the scene between the shrink and Vanessa so much and I didn't want that scene to end. I enjoyed this episode a lot. The guy they got to play Dr. Jekyll is a really good actor.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
2nd episode was pretty solid as well. It's good to know the writers are keeping some realism in regards to Vanessa's love story. We all know women fall in love people that hate/hurt them.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Ok so i just finished season 2 and im curious - wtf is going on with Lilly? I know shes like the other guy but whats the deal with Dorian? Did her bite make him like her? How is he also unable to die or am i missing lore on Dorian?

Caliane

are you unfamiliar with Dorian Gray?

The Picture of Dorian Gray - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Dorian Gray is the subject of a full-length portrait in oil by Basil Hallward, an artist who is impressed and infatuated by Dorian's beauty; he believes that Dorian's beauty is responsible for the new mode in his art as a painter. Through Basil, Dorian meets Lord Henry Wotton, and he soon is enthralled by the aristocrat's hedonistic worldview: that beauty and sensual fulfilment are the only things worth pursuing in life.

Newly understanding that his beauty will fade, Dorian expresses the desire to sell his soul, to ensure that the picture, rather than he, will age and fade. The wish is granted, and Dorian pursues a libertine life of varied and amoral experiences, while staying young and beautiful; all the while his portrait ages and records every soul-corrupting sin

Caliane

There was a Dorian Gray movie in 2009. And he was also in "The League of Extraordinary Gentleman"

I thought, Dr. Sweet was going to be a Sweeney Todd reference.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
This show, Veep & Silicon Valley are killing it this year. Each episode for all three shows are better than expected. I wish GoT was blowing expectations as well, but to be fair that show probably has more hype and expectations that are beyond reasonable.

I kept wondering what the alter-ego of Vanessa's love interest would be, I have to say I am a bit surprised it was Dracula as I too was thinking Sweeney Todd or Jack the Ripper or some other famous deranged fuck. Seems a little to convenient but at the same time it was well done so I don't have an issue with it. I always figured that Dracula would show up at some point in the show, but I honestly thought it was Satan pursuing Vanessa all along and that the Vampires were his agents along with the Witches etc. Was I alone in thinking it was Satan? I have not read anything about the show besides what has been written here on rerolled.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
I'm a bit confused, who is the chick with the british policeman in the US ? Is she the demon chick that helped Ethan later in the episode ? How did they hook up ?

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
This show, Veep & Silicon Valley are killing it this year. Each episode for all three shows are better than expected. I wish GoT was blowing expectations as well, but to be fair that show probably has more hype and expectations that are beyond reasonable.

I kept wondering what the alter-ego of Vanessa's love interest would be, I have to say I am a bit surprised it was Dracula as I too was thinking Sweeney Todd or Jack the Ripper or some other famous deranged fuck. Seems a little to convenient but at the same time it was well done so I don't have an issue with it. I always figured that Dracula would show up at some point in the show, but I honestly thought it was Satan pursuing Vanessa all along and that the Vampires were his agents along with the Witches etc. Was I alone in thinking it was Satan? I have not read anything about the show besides what has been written here on rerolled.
I think you're right. I always figured it was Satan pursuing Vanessa as well. I believe the idea is that she is being pursued by the minions of Satan (vampires, witches etc...). So he is the over arcing nemesis of the show (good vs. evil), but never really actually the main one (other than maybe season 1 with the Mina arc).

I'm a bit confused, who is the chick with the british policeman in the US ? Is she the demon chick that helped Ethan later in the episode ? How did they hook up ?
Yeah, she is the demon that shows up later. I believe last season she was a part of the witches that were after Vanessa. It's been awhile though so I can't exactly remember. She came to Ethan last year through a mirror if I recall correctly, not sure what's going on there.

Ps. The demon is the witch from last season that tired of her mom and helped her demise. Name is Hecate, and she thinks Ethan is practically a God from what I can gather. Recurring character, and it looks like she mainly has interest in Ethan.

Caliane

yeah, one of the Witches. specifically the one that seduced Ethan, and sortof turned on the "mom". I hope that make her/keep her an ally. A direct mirror of Vanessa. And have her largely like Alice (the sociopath mistress) in Luther.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Love how much shits happening this season, We got more Ethan transformed this episode then the first 2 seasons combined, the opening scene with Dorian shooting everyone and was done very well. Also love that Vanessa fucked up her Psych

Araxen

Satan will eventually have to make an appearance on this show, but it's the larger arc of her story that will span at least a couple more seasons, imho. Hopefully the show gets a couple more seasons which I think it will.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I am happy I am not alone in Satan being the main Antagonist. The last episode made me feel like Dracula was the main bad dude with all the little minions gathered around him etc.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Oh man. What a great reveal at the end. I didn't see that coming at all, he seemed like such a pussy.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I watched the newest episode last night and really enjoyed it. I am actually pretty interested in all the different characters and their story arcs. In the past Dr Frankenstein was the least interesting to me but now that he is teamed up with Dr. Jekyll I enjoy his story much more.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
His comment about the choir of angels makes me think there isn't a damn person on this show this isn't a potential villain at any point.