Person of Interest

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Looks like Person of Interest is being held until midseason. Unless the show they put in it time slot, Limitless, tanks, then it will probably be back sooner. The head of CBs programming has said they haven't decided if season 5 will be its last.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Nice of it to buy off Lionel instead of kill him. But that does seem to usually be the first option for our benevolent AI overlord.

The IA guy was less likely to let it go.

Malkav

French Madman
Last night episode was brutal.
Pissed off it took that much shit to finally make Harold move his ass.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
This show is a gem and im sad its going away but holy shit the term "shits about to get real" has never meant so much. This is like that chick whos been teasing you for months to hit it and finally sends that DTF text.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Sad netflix didnt pick it up but has shows like "Between" and deals with Adam Sandler for horrible movies :/

Arinath

Trakanon Raider
Emerson KILLED it this episode - that monologue was Emmy worthy. To see his character finally go dark in that way was amazing. People suck - this show deserves to last a lot longer. Its too smart for the average American I guess.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
Emerson KILLED it this episode - that monologue was Emmy worthy. To see his character finally go dark in that way was amazing. People suck - this show deserves to last a lot longer. Its too smart for the average American I guess.
Yeah. That episode was off the charts :O worthy, particularly:

"I chose a voice."

It really makes the season premiere's intro monologue that much more ominous, now. Also:

Any bets on the Machine calling herself Grace?

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Watching this now. Season 1 was pretty rough - an utter chore, honestly - what with its villain of the week format that I've always found repellant. Season two was a lot better and got quite good as they wove Root (holyfuckshe's gorgeous) and the HR case into the plot. I zoned out a little too much, though, and don't really understand some of the shit that's going on, but as of the beginning of season 3 it has my attention.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Eh its not really a villain of a week type thing - the machine job is to dish irrelevant numbers thus every episode has its own course set by it - However there is shit going on beyond the mystery of the week. There are alot of cool tie ins and some characters they introduce that show up time and time again. I prefer this to blacklist and its silly naming scheme and thats saying a bit since Spader is the man no matter what hes in.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Eh its not really a villain of a week type thing - the machine job is to dish irrelevant numbers thus every episode has its own course set by it - However there is shit going on beyond the mystery of the week. There are alot of cool tie ins and some characters they introduce that show up time and time again. I prefer this to blacklist and its silly naming scheme and thats saying a bit since Spader is the man no matter what hes in.
In invoking the term 'villain' of the week, I didn't really mean for it to be interpreted literally. The spitting out of irrelevant numbers is a functional analog, though, in that it allows for episodic arcs that resolve themselves at the end of each episode, with a little bit of overarching plot thrown in. My point is that by the end of season 1 the major plot starts unfolding at a much faster pace, which is what ultimately endeared me to the show.

And yeah, some of the recurring characters are great - especially the crazy asian character played by that dude from Lost.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Yeah i was rather pleased they introduced him, i was kinda hoping the chick from Vikings would turn into a recurring character too :/

PKS

N00b
Season one is practically a different show loosely focused around a cop procedural show. Somewhere along mid season 2 and fully in 3 they go far more AI sci fi and let loose with every number/case tying into the grand scheme of things - either the writers all got changed or the network bosses were like "K you guys aren't being cancelled, go ahead be crazy".

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
So will it be Judgement Day, or the Butlerian Jihad?

Ben Linus looks ready to let the world burn to keep Samaritan from taking over. That speech, man.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why has media and popular culture begun to use "ASI" instead of just "AI?"

Sad apples Poi is kabut. Good show
Because an AI is different than an artifical super intelligence. A normal AI is probably pretty heavily bound and while smart in its own way not capable of bootstrapping. An ASI is an AI thats bounds are slipping or have totally slipped and is already beginning to bootstrap itself. This is basically why they talk about two gods going to war with the machine and samaritan because pretty quickly that is what they effectively would be if left to keep self improving.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Satisfactory ending to the series.

wish they would have went more into the machine vs machine at the end. John went out like a boss. Left it open for a continuation but doubtful that would ever happen.