Pet Sematary (2019)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Braen

<Medals Crew>
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Pet Sematary

Genre: Horror

Director: Dennis Widmyer, Kevin Kolsch

Cast: Jason Clarke, Amy Seimetz, John Lithgow, Jeté Laurence, Lucas Lavoie, Hugo Lavoie, Obssa Ahmed, Alyssa Brooke Levine

Release: 2019-04-05

Plot: Remake of the '80s classic, based on the novel by Stephen King.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Braen

<Medals Crew>
I didn't see a thread on this so if there is one, merge it please

• 2Like

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I really liked the original as a teenager. Thought it was actually creepy. In an era of "But why?" remakes, this is actually one I don't mind. Could be good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
I really liked the original as a teenager. Thought it was actually creepy. In an era of "But why?" remakes, this is actually one I don't mind. Could be good.

Could be worse. Still, after the money IT made, reviving (no pun intended) all the ol' Stephen King stuff is gonna be popular for a few years, I suppose.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'll echo the youtube comments, why wouldn't you immediately build a fence for the front yard after that truck?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I'll echo the youtube comments, why wouldn't you immediately build a fence for the front yard after that truck?

lol, exactly what I thought. Solid wood fence, and buy a few hemlocks partly grown from a nursery to help block the noise, and a couple boulders between the trees in case some asshole loses control.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this cant be duplicated
giphy.gif

• 6Like
  • 1Jonesing
Reactions: 6 users

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
holy shit..... I.. never noticed Cemetery was spelt Sematary in the title before...

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
holy shit..... I.. never noticed Cemetery was spelt Sematary in the title before...
its spelled that way because the actual pet cemetary is this dinky little thing in the back that kids brought their dead pets to to bury. its that silly misspelling that movie kids always do.
the micmac Indian cemetary is way the fuck out in the woods up on a cairn of rocks. thats what brings the zombies.

this franchise. sometimes dead is better.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

Don't worry, you're not the only one. I was staring at the title for a while earlier trying to remember if I had ever noticed it back when the original movie came out and I honestly don't think I did.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Shitty John Connor and Cone Head aren't a good substitute for Time Cop, Tasha Yar, Fred Gymme and what set the standard for creepy as fuck children. Who knows, it'll probably be decent.

• 2Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
The original movie ruined me as a kid with the achilles tendon slice scene, shit still makes me squeamish as fuck
Why you gotta do this to me again hollywood?

• 3Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
The original movie ruined me as a kid with the achilles tendon slice scene, shit still makes me squeamish as fuck
Why you gotta do this to me again hollywood?
That shit still gives me the heeby jeebies, and they did it to me again in Hostel.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Nothing will match the original. And Gage - holy hannah - you cannot recreate that character. That kid was EPIC as an actor in that.

IT was a good remake because it honestly needed to be remade - the Original IT was a made for TV low budget deal.

We already saw that happened with the Poltergeist remake.

I really wish there would be more creative and new horror movies/shows rather than remaking (and most likely destroying) original and creative content for the sake of a new generation that would be better off watching the originals anyway.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I do like that the trailer is focused on some spooky kids (from a flashback I'd guess), Church, the cemetary, and Victor Pascow. The movie looks like it's about one thing and what it's showing you is either misleading or surface level. There's so much pathos left for the audience to experience.

But John Lithgow is just so dry in his delivery. Fred Gwynne as Jud had this really great folksy Maine drawl and you really believed what he was saying and really liked him.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
The original was good, but I'm at least intrigued by this one. I was worried at a remake, but that trailer seems promising.

Think they'll do the motorcycle wheel scene? That always scared me as a child.

Isn't that from the second movie?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
The original was good, but I'm at least intrigued by this one. I was worried at a remake, but that trailer seems promising.

Isn't that from the second movie?

Yep that’s the second movie with the abusive cop dad who actually becomes nicer after he is buried in the sour ground lol

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Usually annoyed with remakes but for some reason this one doesn't bother me. Maybe it's been long enough since the original or maybe the source material is just good enough to warrant it.

• 3Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database