Pet Sematary (2019)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider

New trailer is out. It looks to have high production values, but if you hadn't seen the movie, you have after watching the trailer! My favorite comment was, "They buried the original movie and this is what came back!".

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Seriously - can't writers come up with something fucking original?

Although it scared me as a kid, it was a terrible movie overall. The premise is good, the book was okay, but the movie was schlock.

Between actors thinking we give two shits about what they think or say outside movies/TV and execs and writers not being able to come up with novel ideas, this industry has to be close to an all time low. Without special effects propping up the industry, would we even be watching movies anymore?

I digress. This made me sad.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

New trailer is out. It looks to have high production values, but if you hadn't seen the movie, you have after watching the trailer! My favorite comment was, "They buried the original movie and this is what came back!".
holy shit, they really did run the whole movie plot. they even added new twists just to make sure there are no surprises. it looks like hot CGI garbage.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I mean... Pet Sematary has a HUGE cult following. This is a completely unnecessary remake. What next? Graveyard Shift? The Langoliers? The one where they're cats or some shit? I may watch this when my Plex box downloads, and I'm sitting in an airport dying of boredom. Or if I have the flu and am stuck in bed.

There's a great "making of" documentary about this movie, and it has a lot of interviews from the cast. People obsess over the actor who played Gage, as if the 2 or 3 year old could remember anything from the movie. Apparently Stephen King did rent a house in that city, literally right by a highway, with a pet sematary (spelled that way) on a sign close by. Kinda neat, for a liberal cock sucking author.

• 1Salty
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I mean... Pet Sematary has a HUGE cult following. This is a completely unnecessary remake. What next? Graveyard Shift? The Langoliers? The one where they're cats or some shit? I may watch this when my Plex box downloads, and I'm sitting in an airport dying of boredom. Or if I have the flu and am stuck in bed.

There's a great "making of" documentary about this movie, and it has a lot of interviews from the cast. People obsess over the actor who played Gage, as if the 2 or 3 year old could remember anything from the movie. Apparently Stephen King did rent a house in that city, literally right by a highway, with a pet sematary (spelled that way) on a sign close by. Kinda neat, for a liberal cock sucking author.
he wasnt always a liberal cock sucker. he was MUCH more down to earth common sense liberal back in the day. looks like he caught the same sickness as Howard Stern where they once had balls and by the mid 90s decided they needed to pretend they never did.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
That shit still gives me the heeby jeebies, and they did it to me again in Hostel.
Hostel is still the only horror type film to actually creep me out in the last couple decades, simply because the idea of people getting kidnapped, and then murdered by the filthy rich for sport in Eastern Europe sounded 100% realistic. Felt like watching a snuff film when it first came out, although it seems tame these days on a rewatch.

I considered Pet Semetary to be kinda boring as a kid when I read it. Reading it as an adult after having children was completely different. The original film had the feel of a made for TV movie, so I could stand to see an updated version. Kinda hard to fuck up the theme and story, but I wouldn't be surprised with Hollywood.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
The book was eh, at least the good guys lost (good to have a writer where you can't always guess in advance how things will go).

I suppose they'll make money off of this remake, which I imagine is why they're doing it.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Seriously - can't writers come up with something fucking original?

Although it scared me as a kid, it was a terrible movie overall. The premise is good, the book was okay, but the movie was schlock.

Between actors thinking we give two shits about what they think or say outside movies/TV and execs and writers not being able to come up with novel ideas, this industry has to be close to an all time low. Without special effects propping up the industry, would we even be watching movies anymore?

I digress. This made me sad.

I dont know. Some things should get a remake (hellooooo "The Stand") others like this... we dont need one.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
While I agree this movie didn’t need to be remade, I saw it last night and I thought it was decent for what it is. They put in a couple of new twists, but yeah, essentially the same movie.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
While I agree this movie didn’t need to be remade, I saw it last night and I thought it was decent for what it is. They put in a couple of new twists, but yeah, essentially the same movie.

Honest question, was it scary? And did already knowing the story made it less scary? And not just like jump scares.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Honest question, was it scary? And did already knowing the story made it less scary? And not just like jump scares.

I’m really not so much scared by any movies though I enjoy horror. I think they did quite well with the “scary” part. There wasn’t really any jump scares I recall aside from maybe one that could be construed that way. I’m not saying it’s a masterpiece nor will anyone talk about it six months from now, but it’s better than some other horror lately.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sevens

Log Wizard
If you're going to make Pet Sematary why on earth would you put in new twist? So the audience doesnt know whats going to happen?
You know what other kind of movie the audience doesn't know whats going to happen in? A fucking original movie

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
They shouldn't have needed a twist. It was all right there for them. If it wasn't enough. Then pick something else. I mean for Christsakes. The pet sematary franchise consisted of two movies. One passable and the other a straight up joke.