Peter Pan & Wendy (2023)

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Unlike the other Disney first-time live-action adaptations I feel like Peter Pan needs a bigger twist than racial diversity to have a reason to be made. Whatever.
Honestly surprised Captain Hook isnt a woman.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
They think if they hit us over the head with it enough will normalize it, or rather our kids we’ll

They’re probably right

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
The horror. Where's this gonna end? Next they'll be depicting Jesus as a white guy, I'll tell you. Somebody stop this!

• 5Picard
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 8 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
That would be a surprising shift in the tide, a female/non binary Peter would be more likely.
It was done in the 50s
722B0970-4960-47C7-98DD-ABF5A5E1E876.jpeg

Granted this was actually a really competent adaption that was enjoyable and fun to watch.

edit: also Peter is still referred to as a boy but we’re not supposed to read anything beyond the fact Mary Martin played him.

I don’t find it any more woke or weird than when men used to play women in kabuki or young men sometimes playing women in classic Shakespeare

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Chris

Potato del Grande
Peter Pan has always been really gay and is regularly played by a women in UK theatre productions.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Sure but what has that to do with the movies.
No Idea What GIF by Nový start

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Good.

The sooner they pump out these woke flops the sooner they get the message and we can actually get decent shit again.

Bob Iger might be a faggot, but he's a greedy faggot whose love of woke bullshit is less than his love of money

Thanks to Blackrock and ESG investing, you can love woke bullshit AND love money without them being necessarily at odds. Long as the underwriting is covering all the losses.

As for this movie, all I have to say about it is... a large disinterested wanking motion in the air

• 1Like

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
The reviews are in! Sometimes I forget why I like this guys stuff. It's nice to have a reminder.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users