Petition: Remove Anita Sarkeesian from Mirror's Edge 2 Game Development

DMK_sl

shitlord
Not signing it does nothing. Signing it contributes however minuscule to her credibility deccreasing from the point it was at before the petition started to something less.

Caliane

no, signing it makes you kindof dumb, and just as bad as the GTA5 petition people.

Did you do any fact checking before signing the petition? Are you taking it for the word of the petition guy that shes even been in contact with the devs, never mind working on the game?
probably be a good idea to check to see if she is even involved in the game, before signing a petition to fire her from something shes not working on.

How is blacklisting her out of the industry any better? she may be an idiot, but I get creative direction from idiots all the time. and, feedback on a product from an idiot is often more valuable then feedback from someone well versed in your product. it gives you perspective.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
yeah who really cares. Wasn't the first mirrors edge a piece of shit anyway?
That's why you should care! If the second game sells better at all, which doesn't seem that hard, she'll take the credit for it.

That said, I didn't sign the petition. Kinda tired of her and all this shit surrounding her.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
That's why you should care! If the second game sells better at all, which doesn't seem that hard, she'll take the credit for it.

That said, I didn't sign the petition. Kinda tired of her and all this shit surrounding her.
Exactly, this will just be spun as patriarchy and violent male rape extremism through petition. You can't actually interact with her at all and not be guilty, just have to move on.

no, signing it makes you kindof dumb, and just as bad as the GTA5 petition people.

Did you do any fact checking before signing the petition? Are you taking it for the word of the petition guy that shes even been in contact with the devs, never mind working on the game?
probably be a good idea to check to see if she is even involved in the game, before signing a petition to fire her from something shes not working on.

How is blacklisting her out of the industry any better? she may be an idiot, but I get creative direction from idiots all the time. and, feedback on a product from an idiot is often more valuable then feedback from someone well versed in your product. it gives you perspective.

Dude, you really need to chill. Either sign it or don't. I think you've spent more time/effort today campaigning for people NOT to sign this petition than I have spent trying to get people to sign it.

It's collected another 2000 signatures in the last 10 hours, so you're wasting your time just about as much as you claim we're wasting our own at this point.

I don't really get the logic behind what you're trying to say, but I respect your attempt at being contrarian. Save yourself the time and don't think about this if it bothers you that much.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
You absolutely have to sign this - even if you hate these things. These people like Sarkeesian get their tentacles in inch by inch. If this game is a success or more a success than the first, then she claims it in the press.

You have to sign because the alternative is way, way worse.

DMK_sl

shitlord

Yeah I don't want Anita's input in any gaming. She's a known fraud and liar. You can live in your fairy land where all points are equal and if we only just listened to everyone things will be great. Meanwhile I will live in a world where I will help choose who is put in positions of power and who deserves my money. If she has put any input into the game won't be buying it. She's not qualified and I don't like her motives.

You need to either chill out or fuck off. Itsa petition and if it helps Her lose credibility im all for if because she deserves none in the gaming industry.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
A petition for censorship? No thanks. Just don't buy the game sheeple. You do not have to buy everything.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It's not like she's doing Mass Effect 4, she's doing a shitty QTE game that no one cared about and got high praise only b/c it was "different".

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I didn't know there was so much hate here for the first Mirrors Edge. I thought it was somewhat highly regarded. I enjoyed it and would play a sequel.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
If you sign this you are becoming the evil you are fighting. Don't like it? Don't buy it, feel free to tell everyone why you don't want to buy it however.

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
I don't care enough about Mirror's Edge to worry about it being ruined. And I don't care about Anita enough to try and force her off of projects. Which of course won't happen here even if you get 500,000 signatures.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Why would I petition to remove someone as a developer for a game? Why wouldn't I just not buy the game?
This would be common sense, but its the gaming industry we're discussing.

They don't learn. At all.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Some people are toxic and don't go away even if ignored and experience repetitive failures. I believe such a dev posts(posted?) here. I think this is an extreme overreaction to someone who's probably just "consulting", but I also think "not buying the game" isn't enough if you truly wish her gone.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I can only assume this is some SJW shit and at this point the people fighting the SJW are just as, if not more, pathetic as the people they're fighting against