Philadelphia - Where Kegkilla was born and raised.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm gonna be in Philly for a weekend next month. I'm visiting friends who I'm sure know what's up but they might not know some dope craft beer spots. I probably have the rest of my bases covered. Staying in Center City.

Airbnbs are cheapAF in Philly.

Vinen

God is dead
I'm gonna be in Philly for a weekend next month. I'm visiting friends who I'm sure know what's up but they might not know some dope craft beer spots. I probably have the rest of my bases covered. Staying in Center City.

Airbnbs are cheapAF in Philly.
You will get raped at an Airbnb in Philly.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
You hate everywhere that's not SF or Boston so I'll take that with a grain of salt.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
To change subjects from beer to food, here's a few suggestions.

CheU Noodle Bar (next to Jefferson Hospital) is a REALLY good Ramen place. I love it.
Also, if you're in the mood for a nice italian sandwich, hit up Paesano's in the Italian Market.
And my favorite cheese steak is way off of the normal path. It's actually next to Widener University. A place called Liberty Steaks & Hoagies. It's a huge hole in the wall, but the cheese steaks are great.

Here's an episode of Anthony Bourdain's "The Layover" all about Philly dining. It's not bad.
(they sped it up & zoomed in so it's all kinds of funky)

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
John's Roast Pork makes the best cheese steaks. So many craft beer places, you could really just walk around olde city, northern liberties and fishtown and find a ton.

Also, take a tour through Yards Brewery on Delaware ave and hit the food truck out front of it. they rotate them and all are pretty damn good.Yards Brewing Co. - Home

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Heading there at the beginning of November to help my buddy move. Recommendation for divey spots and good grub closer to the river?

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
So, I'm trying to burn some vacation time at work, and have some free flights, so I decided to take my girl to... Philadelphia? The reason I chose that is because I have a friend there I would love to see and hang out with for a couple of days, and because I've never been anywhere too near the east coast.

I've been looking for things to check out, but basically just check out the museum and bell? If I was to go for a week or so though, I could totally drive to nearby city/state and do whatever. Anyone lived over there, or just familiar enough to go "Check out X, X, and X, drive to Baltimore and do X, X, and X, Etc etc"?

Thanks

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
If you're going to be out that way that long just take the train to NY. It's so much better than Philly.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
DC is about two days of entertainment. NYC is months of it. Philly is about 2 hours.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Haha yeah, wow, I was pretty focused on "stuff to do in Philadelphia" that I didn't realize how close NY was. Do I even need a car, or will public transport totally have me covered?