Philip Seymour Hoffman Found Dead

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah they were together a long time, he just didn't believe in marriage. I meant to include that, sorry. Astros post made it sound like something hugely awful though and it's not really the case. Dude just didn't have an updated will and 10+ years ago he just planned on leaving all his money to his woman for her to use to care for them all.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
well, lets be fair, i did not make it out to be something "hugely awful". i actually dont care about trust fund kiddoes not getting their cushy life handed to them. i posted that link because i thought it was pretty bold that hoffman basically wanted his kids to earn that bitch like he did. though free college would not have been too terrible to provide for. unless he left all his money to gary coleman's mom i assume she will parcel the benjamins out to the kids for whatever they want.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
the kids do get free education trust fund or something at 25 then at 30, so still lap of luxury, not like they'll be going to community college.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
well, lets be fair, i did not make it out to be something "hugely awful". i actually dont care about trust fund kiddoes not getting their cushy life handed to them. i posted that link because i thought it was pretty bold that hoffman basically wanted his kids to earn that bitch like he did. though free college would not have been too terrible to provide for. unless he left all his money to gary coleman's mom i assume she will parcel the benjamins out to the kids for whatever they want.
You're a spiteful person.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
You're a spiteful person.
Not really. Jackie Chan is doing the same thing. He's said that he's not giving his money to his kid when he dies. If his son is capable, he will make his own money. If he's not then he'd just be wasting his money. Nothing wrong with that idea

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Considering how many rich/famous people's kids wind up either ODing or committing suicide I think not giving your kids millions of dollars in their twenties is a pretty good idea.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Not really. Jackie Chan is doing the same thing. He's said that he's not giving his money to his kid when he dies. If his son is capable, he will make his own money. If he's not then he'd just be wasting his money. Nothing wrong with that idea
Jackie Chan also believes that the chinese people are better off under a communist regime because they can't think for themselves.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
OMG they'll have to be like...normal people?!? And go to school and get jobs. The horror.

No really, they can make bank off his residuals and other shit too even if they didn't get a dime from his original estate. It's a non-story. There are quite a lot of millionaires and even billionaires who don't think their kids should inherit jack shit. Buffet, Bloomberg, Bill Gates, fuck even Gene Simmons and George Lucas have all publically stated their kids are getting fuckall.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
actually hoffman setup a trust fund for the kids along with letting his partner get monies. jackie chan is saying fuck you to every blood relation and is donating all of his monies to charity.

i mean of course his son could still make bank on being the son of jackie chan "growing up jackie chan's son" that's a decent enough fall back plan.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They were split up reportedly due to his drug abuse. And I hate myself for knowing this tabloid shit.

The kids are still getting the money, it is really a nonstory because he has a movie coming out.
Yea, the man was busy. Could cut out the rumbling about his kids and get to the real reason the story exists. Movie Adverts:

God's Pocket (2014) - IMDb

A Most Wanted Man (2014) - IMDb

Happyish (TV Series 2014- ) - IMDb

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 (2014) - IMDb

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2 (2015) - IMDb

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
OMG they'll have to be like...normal people?!? And go to school and get jobs. The horror.

No really, they can make bank off his residuals and other shit too even if they didn't get a dime from his original estate. It's a non-story. There are quite a lot of millionaires and even billionaires who don't think their kids should inherit jack shit. Buffet, Bloomberg, Bill Gates, fuck even Gene Simmons and George Lucas have all publically stated their kids are getting fuckall.
While I agree with this, as everyone should make a name for themselves and earn their own way through life, still its a shitty thing to do for your family. Donating all your money to the cat foundation or some shit is a dickhead move IMO. I mean why work your ass off and earn all that money in the first place? Most do it to make a better living for their family.

khorum

Murder Apologist
lol that was just a smart way to live as Jackie Chan. Imagine if you're the biggest superstar in Asian Cinema going on four decades. Even your relatives act like completely different people to your face than when they're not in your presence. Announcing that noone he knows will ever get a dime probably scored a least a couple cancellations off his thanksgiving dinner guestlist.

j00t

He definitely made a better life for his family by letting them live in mansions and own fast cars. Not to mention never wanting for food and clothing. But let's examine the only movie that Jackie appeared in with his son. "1911" in 2010 and it was Jackie Chan's worst performing movies ever. Before that his son starred in a box office movie that grossed $9000. He may be right in not letting him have any of his money

j00t

lol that was just a smart way to live as Jackie Chan. Imagine if you're the biggest superstar in Asian Cinema going on four decades. Even your relatives act like completely different people to your face than when they're not in your presence. Announcing that noone he knows will ever get a dime probably scored a least a couple cancellations off his thanksgiving dinner guestlist.
I don't think they celebrate Thanksgiving...

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i think jackie chan isnt leaving any money when he dies because he probably owes big money for all his emergency medical treatments. that man by all rights should have died many times by now.