Pillars of Eternity, Obsidian's new CRPG in the vein of Baldur's Gate

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
When you get higher level, some of the caster lower level spells upgrade to per encounter instead of per rest. I agree that casters are a bad choice for a main character, but they are certainly powerful. None of the other classes can do things like aoe nuke for 50 damage, dealing like 400+ damage in a single spell during a big pull.

If my druid could drop a hail storm on every single combat, it would totally overshadow the rest of my dps. I don't mind that for the basic, trash mobs, my druid just sits in the back shooting a wand for minimal damage while my rogue/ranger clean up. I know when I turn that corner and run into a pack of 6 monsters, my druid's about to carry the team with some devastating aoe.
Or you could be a Cipher, and do all that shit the druid does whenever you want.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
How is the druid with a bow? Any synergies? i loved a wood elf druid in nwn2 with zen archery feat .

Man why did nwn2 have to suck balls gameplay... the character creation was fantastic.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
How is the druid with a bow? Any synergies?
Not really. Every class has the option to go wood elf (ranged racial perk) with marksman and bow weapon focus talents, giving a total of +16 accuracy to bows. I think ranger and rogue are the only classes that can take specialization in a bow further than that through class talents.

radditsu

Not really. Every class has the option to go wood elf (ranged racial perk) with marksman and bow weapon focus talents, giving a total of +16 accuracy to bows. I think ranger and rogue are the only classes that can take specialization in a bow further than that through class talents.
Not even a spell. I just looked it up. Daww

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Haven't tried out a cipher, but druids are already really good. if Cipher is flat out superior, maybe the problem isn't with druid.
I haven't tried the druid, but I open every combat with either two major damage AE's that bounce and hit everyone in a room, or with one and a major paralyze on the biggest damage dealer I'm against. Then every two autos with my 2her I can cast another spell. If I was a ranged Cipher I would wager it would trivialize everything.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, a wood elf cipher with a blunderbuss--and this is after guns got nerfed by like 50% in the day 1 patch--is even more absurd than a melee one.

khalid

Unelected Mod
So I'm level 6 atm, feel like I'm doing alright, but man am I sure my party isn't close to min/max. I just started to take the weapon proficiency talent thing, which jumped my accuracy on my melees from in the 40s to the 50s. My gear is absolute garbage and I haven't messed around with crafting or enchanting. Nor have I fucked around with food buffs.

Have a feeling this is one of those games where the second and third playthroughs are shitloads of fun, once you have all that stuff figured out.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
I may be boned. I'm in a dungeon I can't readily get out of and I have no camping supplies. All of my guys are maxed fatigue and no health.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
This game is fun as shit. My only complaint so far is that the AI in the game is pretty bad. Been several times in the heat of a battle where one or two of my party members have just been standing there with their thumbs up their asses. Wish you didn't have to micromanage every nuance of an encounter. Guess I just have to get used to pausing during combat to make sure everyone is doing what they're supposed to be doing, but it sure would be a lot more convenient if they'd just take it upon themselves sometimes to do something! I'm definitely not used to the combat yet. I keep trying to get my wizard to stand behind my melee and cast spells, but he seems to always charge in and die. fucking annoying.

I agree that casters are a bad choice for a main character, but they are certainly powerful.
my mage is my main and level9 on hard, the shadows were a joke with that aoe fire spell and everything that slips through gets distracted by a mirror image, the start may be rough but holy shit do they scale up really fast in damage like nobody else

and agree about the AI of your party members being shit, you have to queue up auto attacks after casting spells or sometimes they suddenly decide to run up to something and then just dont use their ability/spell as ordered to (they can reach the target perfectly fine and arent blocked by anything)

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Like the skeleton corpse with the infinite book in Skyrim?
Money hack in spoiler, don't click!
Sorta. It's an armoire with a fine leather armor and some silver. Can loot the armor untill you're blue in the face. Well, at least all companions and some 16 spots in the chest, nets 28k when sold. It's in the inn in the fancy area, Brackenbury. Have fun
smile.png

radditsu

Cipher is a much more fun playthrough than a rogue. I got to the first town and got the NPC Warrior, Wizard, Priest, and Hired a Ranger. I was wondering if I should go Weapon Focus: Ruffian and dual Stilleto with a blunderbuss to start. Or Weapon Focus: Soldier and go Pike/Arquebus

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm still stuck in this dungeon. Caed Nua.

I was an idiot and

Jumped down a well to like, floor 5. Skipping two previous floors. It took me 2 camp supplies to clear floor 5, part of 6, and the opening of 7. When I back track to try and get back to the surface I run into a SHIT TON of Ogres and Druid Ogres. My guys are all out of HP and maimed, with major fatigue lol. Ogres 1 shot any of my characters. I crafted a ton of paralyze scrolls and I'm making a mad dash through CROWDS of these things but the druids AOE perma kill a few guys here and there so I re-load my game.

Don't fucking JUMP down the well. Just take the stairs like normal people.

Oh yea, my guys are level 4 to 5 and I'm playing on hard. All of my autosaves are from the dungeon and I've gained so much loot I don't want to re-load an old save file. I've come too far!

That moment at 8pm when you think you have to start from a save file from when you started playing that morning:

rDoUJP7.gif

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
@Ithi, how did you complete everything in 30 hours dude? I'm at like 20 hours and I am still in Defiance Bay just doing sidequests, reading dialog and exploring shit.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
where the hell is the well in Caed Nua? I did the first quest(finding the dude) when you get there, and then the place converted into my own keep that I can customize, is there more to the place that I missed?

Also, anyone have any feedback on how many defenders you should hire for your keep? I was kinda paranoid about it after seeing a couple posts here, so I hired 4-5 guys, but I'm just wondering if that is overkill (and I'm losing 50g per day to keep them going)

Hatorade

A nice asshole.

I was an idiot and

Jumped down a well to like, floor 5. Skipping two previous floors. It took me 2 camp supplies to clear floor 5, part of 6, and the opening of 7. When I back track to try and get back to the surface I run into a SHIT TON of Ogres and Druid Ogres. My guys are all out of HP and maimed, with major fatigue lol. Ogres 1 shot any of my characters. I crafted a ton of paralyze scrolls and I'm making a mad dash through CROWDS of these things but the druids AOE perma kill a few guys here and there so I re-load my game.

Don't fucking JUMP down the well. Just take the stairs like normal people.

Oh yea, my guys are level 4 to 5 and I'm playing on hard. All of my autosaves are from the dungeon and I've gained so much loot I don't want to re-load an old save file. I've come too far!

Ha I did almost the same thing but when I back tracked the dudes were roaming so I waited and slipped by, if they aren't roaming you can admit defeat and switch to easy while you dash past, then back to hard once you are in the clear. One room I had to use my most alive guy to pull while the others stayed hidden once they were mostly past I moved the group beyond the room and used one guy to set traps and shit and waited for them to reset, any use of root/slow really helps.

where the hell is the well in Caed Nua? I did the first quest(finding the dude) when you get there, and then the place converted into my own keep that I can customize, is there more to the place that I missed?

Also, anyone have any feedback on how many defenders you should hire for your keep? I was kinda paranoid about it after seeing a couple posts here, so I hired 4-5 guys, but I'm just wondering if that is overkill (and I'm losing 50g per day to keep them going)
Yes go back down from top left of talking statue and then south east into dungeon area, really shouldn't bother until 10+ or something so you don't get stuck.