Pit bulls - The Breed of Peace

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
They aren't legal to own within any city limits. Even small towns out in the middle of farm country like mine that allow you to have all sorts of animals inside city limits don't allow you to have roosters. I guess 311 means animal control wherever you are, they must have some sort of backlog or be lazy as fuck because when I called animal control they were there the same day to warn them to get rid of it, which they did asap since I assume there were multiple illegals living there.

If I had to put up with that shit for more than a week I'd just climb up on my roof and pop the goddamn things with a pellet gun.

After about a week of waiting, the city finally issued them a warning tag on their door, which they ignored. Called the city back, and now they will send someone out in the next 7-14 days to issue a citation. I asked what happens if they ignore the citation because they don't seem like the types to give a shit, and he basically said that the unpaid citation will become a warrant after months if unpaid.. They woke me up at a nice 5am this morning-- never have I wanted chicken for breakfast so badly.

I would totally pellet gun the fuckers if I ever saw them. They keep both of them locked up in a shed 24/7 as far as I can tell. What's sad is that it annoys the fuck out of my other neigbors as well, and there's a long as thread on Nextdoor complaining about it, but nobody wants to do anything because the family that lives there is "scary". It's basically an old Mexican neighborhood that been slowly gentrifying, so you have their shithole tear down sandwiched between two new houses.

I just don't fucking get why anyone would want a rooster as a fucking pet.. Who the fuck likes to wake up at 4:30-5:00AM every fucking day, then have to listen to the bloody thing on and off throughout the day? The only time it ever shuts up is at night.

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
Lets pour some gasoline on this here fire.
I have no problem with large dog breeds as long as dog attacks get treated equally as accidental weapon discharges in public under the law.
You dog maims someone , you go to prison and dog gets put down.
There is a girl in my neighborhood that weighs less than the pit bull that is dragging her ass around when she is walking him. She absolutely has no control over the dog and if one day he decided to snack on some kids face or worse another dog, there would he fuck all she could do about it.
Vote for assault dog registry next election cycle or something. Keep them out of the hands of mentally unstable and infirm individuals.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Meh.

Both myself and my girl have owned numerous Pitbulls and never once had a single issue with any of them, BUT I totally do understand some peoples apprehension about them.

Whats funny is that when I was looking for a place to rent in LA with my two dogs (15yo 50lb Female pit and a 110lb 5yo Malamute) EVERYONE was more concerned with the Pit even though the goddamn Yeti is the real monster of the family. He lunges for cats and squirrels and even with a very good training regimen still will try and "jump" on new people or dogs close to his size.

Frenzied Wombat Frenzied Wombat Since I moved out of the country and into the city, it's weird how I miss roosters sometimes.

Then I hear the goddamn hellish screech of a fucking peacock down the block and lose my fucking mind.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Meh.

Both myself and my girl have owned numerous Pitbulls and never once had a single issue with any of them, BUT I totally do understand some peoples apprehension about them.

Whats funny is that when I was looking for a place to rent in LA with my two dogs (15yo 50lb Female pit and a 110lb 5yo Malamute) EVERYONE was more concerned with the Pit even though the goddamn Yeti is the real monster of the family. He lunges for cats and squirrels and even with a very good training regimen still will try and "jump" on new people or dogs close to his size.

Frenzied Wombat Frenzied Wombat Since I moved out of the country and into the city, it's weird how I miss roosters sometimes.

Then I hear the goddamn hellish screech of a fucking peacock down the block and lose my fucking mind.

Yeah, I mean I have a friend that has a super affectionate pitbull, and every day I seem some video online about some adoring loving Pitpull. But the reality is they're responsible for over 50% of dog attacks, yet only represent 4% of the dog population.. Any way you cut it, that's a problem.

And I don't even want to fucking know who owns peacocks and why.. Is that a rich LA thing?

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I mean I have a friend that has a super affectionate pitbull, and every day I seem some video online about some adoring loving Pitpull. But the reality is they're responsible for over 50% of dog attacks, yet only represent 4% of the dog population.. Any way you cut it, that's a problem.

And I don't even want to fucking know who owns peacocks and why.. Is that a rich LA thing?
The impossible to know rub is what % of the attacks come from very bad owners. Like if you could remove that from the number it might not be so bad though i wouldn't be surprised that it's still a little disproportionate but not 50-4.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
The impossible to know rub is what % of the attacks come from very bad owners. Like if you could remove that from the number it might not be so bad though i wouldn't be surprised that it's still a little disproportionate but not 50-4.

Problem is we have no control over "bad owners". At least the "bad owners" of handguns generally just accidentally shoot themselves or their family, but "bad owners" of pitbulls result in their dogs ripping someone's face off on a public street.

I'd be all for making animal owners criminally responsible for the actions of their pets, as a start. If you want the bigger risk profile of a potential manslaughter charge because you chose a pitbull instead of a Basset Hound, go right a head.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Lets pour some gasoline on this here fire.
I have no problem with large dog breeds as long as dog attacks get treated equally as accidental weapon discharges in public under the law.
You dog maims someone , you go to prison and dog gets put down.
There is a girl in my neighborhood that weighs less than the pit bull that is dragging her ass around when she is walking him. She absolutely has no control over the dog and if one day he decided to snack on some kids face or worse another dog, there would he fuck all she could do about it.
Vote for assault dog registry next election cycle or something. Keep them out of the hands of mentally unstable and infirm individuals.

Sure, as long as we treat all dogs the same. When a shitty little 5 pound snips at someone they get the same treatment a bigger dog/owner receives. It could be like handguns vs long guns.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Meh.

You date a black chick?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Sure, as long as we treat all dogs the same. When a shitty little 5 pound snips at someone they get the same treatment a bigger dog/owner receives. It could be like handguns vs long guns.
more like handguns vs. a bazooka

i also don't see a reason to have a dog past 50lbs.

When i volunteered at the SPCA, i walked, socialized a lot of different breeds, of course i hated shitty little shits the most, they are the most mal manor'd retards if they're given up for adoption, and they probably hurt as much as a paintball, maybe a bruise, don't even have to walk it off.

A GSD with some kind of intelligence, you could probably shame him into letting go of you, walk it off and spray some bactine

A fucking pitbull? i said no to pits, fuck that, every volunteer said no to pits, only workers even dared to socialize them, and do you know how silly it is to see a 5'1 woman put on a dog bite suit?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
more like handguns vs. a bazooka

i also don't see a reason to have a dog past 50lbs.

When i volunteered at the SPCA, i walked, socialized a lot of different breeds, of course i hated shitty little shits the most, they are the most mal manor'd retards if they're given up for adoption, and they probably hurt as much as a paintball, maybe a bruise, don't even have to walk it off.

A GSD with some kind of intelligence, you could probably shame him into letting go of you, walk it off and spray some bactine

A fucking pitbull? i said no to pits, fuck that, every volunteer said no to pits, only workers even dared to socialize them, and do you know how silly it is to see a 5'1 woman put on a dog bite suit?

I mean, once a pit bull (or any of the larger terrier breeds) has been raised wrong it should just be put down. Trying to 'fix' them is such a colossal waste of time when there is no shortage of non-problem dogs that could be adopted out.

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I mean, once a pit bull (or any of the larger terrier breeds) has been raised wrong it should just be put down. Trying to 'fix' them is such a colossal waste of time when there is no shortage of non-problem dogs that could be adopted out.
pretty much, you'll never have a shortage of dogs to adopt out, especially during jan/feb

this is the time when ppl buy a puppy for a dumb girl or boy for xmas and they realize they can't handle the dog.

Or the dog 4x in size and is no longer a cute puppy and is eating steak everyday.

(it's also why pet stores stop selling bunnys around easter)

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I mean, once a African American (or any of the melanin heavy person) has been raised wrong it should just be put down. Trying to 'fix' them is such a colossal waste of time when there is no shortage of non-problem humans that could be adopted out.
Hmmmmm

• 1Worf

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
when i saw the Dog Whisperer, there were a lot of white chicks w/ pits. Most likely they wanted to adopt a dog to feel good, and they(spca) only showed them pits to get rid of em.
Or they notice that a lot of Pits get shelterkilled/abandonded because certain types of people like to perpetuate a "KILLER PITBULL BREED" myth.

You can apply that to any animal and even to humans if you want to take your logic out.

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Or they notice that a lot of Pits get shelterkilled/abandonded because certain types of people like to perpetuate a "KILLER PITBULL BREED" myth.
No, this is how they treated the girls w/ big hearts.

First, usually it's love at first sight, so the SPCA would load up the most docile pitbulls up front, hopefully a cute pit, just catches this dumb white girls attention.

as they walk down the cages it'll be the meaner pits, and then you'll get to the rest of the other dogs.

Most girls can't make it past the mean pits anyway, since every dog just barks like mad when a person walks in, and theres a cute quite right there, usually love at first sight.