Planet Earth II

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Watched ep 1 today. I swear the goddamn birds are made up by Pixar. They don't even look real.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fantastic first episode! Some of those panning shots of the Volcano island with the millions of penguins was nuts. It looked too damn good to be real. I would have sworn CGI too! haha!

• 1Like

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
I'd watch the fuck out of a doc or something that did the behind the scenes of how they got some of these shots. It's fucking nuts.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
What network is this on? All I can find is reruns of human planet on BBCAmerica.

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
At the end of every episode, there is a mini doc on filming that particular episode. They focused on volcano / penguin island this time. Not sure if you missed it or it wasn't included in whatever media you watched it from.

• 1Like

Ryanz

<Banned>
I'm a sucker for these kind of things. The camera work in this series is top notch. That baby iguana vs snek scene was more intense than a lot of action movies I've seen. Also those seagull looking birds totally did look fake...it did actually look like something straight out of a pixar movie.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The mountain episode was great. The equatorial mountain locations are wild.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I have to imagine they get some of these amazing shots with top notch drones. This series is so great, I could watch this shit for the rest of my life.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Lol those snakes were endless. It was like some sci-fi/horror movie where there are endless waves of creatures ;p

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
This series is so great, I could watch this shit for the rest of my life.
Same here. And I'm so happy that this time around I'm getting to watch it as it comes out week after week, because I sort of feel like the majesty and epic-ness of the first one was diluted somewhat for me because I binged it all at once. Seeing one absolutely jaw-dropping episode a week really makes you appreciate just how fucking awesome it is.

A friend of mine watched the original version narrated by Oprah. /shudder He didn't know any better, but why do they even feel the need to do that shit in the first place?? It isn't like Attenborough (sp) is hard to understand for us Yanks.

• 1Like

Ender4212

Golden Knight of the Realm
I haven't finished the mountains episode yet, but that scene with the Ibex is pretty amazing. I can't believe how agile and sure footed those things are.

• 1Like

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Snow leopard footage is rare enough, to capture what all they got, Christ talk about a once in a lifetime opportunity.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Snow leopard footage is rare enough, to capture what all they got, Christ talk about a once in a lifetime opportunity.

That was astonishing to watch considering how rare those creatures are.

• 1Like

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'd watch the fuck out of a doc or something that did the behind the scenes of how they got some of these shots. It's fucking nuts.

Yeah the first one had a behind the scenes on the filming and it was just as interesting as the actual doc itself. The behind the scenes for the cave episode was the best.

• 1Like

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
That was friggin' amazing. Only watched the first episode so far. I wonder if I didn't read it on here first about the birds whether I would have noticed it. They did look outta pixar.

• 1Like

Ryanz

<Banned>
No joke...thought he was going to come up with a fish in his mouth. :eek:

• 1Like