Planetside 2

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Yea I am. I'm halfway curious what it is doing so I think I'll use this as an excuse to get xperf going.

I'm also still having big problems with hit detection. I really wish they would spend the time and fix it. I've started using a smg with an extended magazine just to try to "make sure" that when I empty an entire clip into someone's back at point blank it actually kills them.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
So oddly, I loaded it up with xperf running a circular buffer, and the freezups ever happened. I also could actually kill people by shooting them. I got my usual slowdown during big battles but that is just because my machine is old.

I still think the hit detection problem is one that gets worse over time.

I am looking at a trace from a big battle on Indar, but my third world internet is going to be hours downloading the symbols. It looks like there are around 20 threads going and disc activity is really high, so I'm guessing those are mostly worker threads trying to load up people's custom decals and whatnot.

I don't see anything related to steam yet. Does the overlay cause some kind of fps drop?

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I'm not sure, only one I've unlocked is the Beetlegeuse and it's just an unlimited ammo version of the Orion. I wish there was a way to try them in the VR so you could see if they were worth it.
I wish the other directive weapons had fun gimmicks like that. Not being caught off guard via reloading is quite an awesome perk. The only tradeoff is what, lack of a foregrip I think?

What OP builds do people run with and have fun?

For infantry, I've been having a blast close range sniping with the TSAR on TR. Get in the right spot in the right battle (center column or bio lab roofs; Support struts outside tower fights) and the headshots just fly in. It costs like 3000 certs or something stupid to max out the motion sensor, but that pulls in a lot of certs and helps out your team immensly. I'm sure someone here has a perfect HA build, but I hardly ever play that class. Just feels cheesy.

For ESFs, Airhammer(with thermals) + racer frame + maxxed out Afterburners makes for awesome fun strafing runs as you one shot infantry out of nowhere. With the racer frame + reaver afterburner, you can catch up to ANY ESF and finish them off, or run away from any skyknights out there. (it's only an 'OK' build against ESFs)

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Game isn't really playable for me now. Not sure what changed. Getting alot of hard freezes, about a second long, usually right as I'm trying to fight.

I think maybe it is loading up all the custom stuff for the players and my machine hangs while it is doing it. Any way to turn all that stuff off?
I'm actually having slowdown issues since I got back from Wisconsin, I can't seem to kill anyone and I'm getting some kind of lag.

I wish the other directive weapons had fun gimmicks like that. Not being caught off guard via reloading is quite an awesome perk. The only tradeoff is what, lack of a foregrip I think?

What OP builds do people run with and have fun?

For infantry, I've been having a blast close range sniping with the TSAR on TR. Get in the right spot in the right battle (center column or bio lab roofs; Support struts outside tower fights) and the headshots just fly in. It costs like 3000 certs or something stupid to max out the motion sensor, but that pulls in a lot of certs and helps out your team immensly. I'm sure someone here has a perfect HA build, but I hardly ever play that class. Just feels cheesy.

For ESFs, Airhammer(with thermals) + racer frame + maxxed out Afterburners makes for awesome fun strafing runs as you one shot infantry out of nowhere. With the racer frame + reaver afterburner, you can catch up to ANY ESF and finish them off, or run away from any skyknights out there. (it's only an 'OK' build against ESFs)
I think almost any HA build is OP as shit. They've finally brought in more items to fuck maxes up now so I can deal with one OP class. I think the NS-7 PDW + HA is pretty much god mode in CQC.

Only downside to the Beetlegeuse is if you push it too far it overheats then you will get ass-rammed if you're not careful.

Hekotat

So oddly, I loaded it up with xperf running a circular buffer, and the freezups ever happened. I also could actually kill people by shooting them. I got my usual slowdown during big battles but that is just because my machine is old.

I still think the hit detection problem is one that gets worse over time.

I am looking at a trace from a big battle on Indar, but my third world internet is going to be hours downloading the symbols. It looks like there are around 20 threads going and disc activity is really high, so I'm guessing those are mostly worker threads trying to load up people's custom decals and whatnot.

I don't see anything related to steam yet. Does the overlay cause some kind of fps drop?
There is definitely an issue, be it hit detection or enemies not rendering. It still happens on the non steam version but it's not nearly as often.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_104115.jpg
rrr_img_104116.png

Look at all those fancy lines and numbers

Hekotat

I don't even know what I'm looking at...

Just finished Auraxium-ing the Artemis, that is a fun gun in any fight involving hills otherwise it's a chore.

Hekotat

New patch today. Gonna have to check out the burst weapons they made changes to now, maybe they don't suck ass now.

? Blink and you might miss it! Providing a new tactical approach to troop deployment, the new Sunderer Cloak is now available for certification points in the Sunderer Loadout screen.

? Burst weapons feel a bit underwhelming to you? These have now been upgraded to provide a more rewarding experience. Take a look in the Depot!

? New Player Studio items are now available for purchase! Assault in style with a new helmet, armor decal, and more! Look for additional items to release over the next month!

Spawn Beacons
Squad Beacons near the majority of squads members will be squad spawn options regardless of range
Beacon spawn range changed from 600 meters to 1,000 meters
Valkyrie
Small arms do less damage to Valkyries
Valkyrie bottom armor increased to 50%
Increased weapon thermal range from 50 to 200
Sunderer Cloak
Sunderer stealth cert line has been expanded, a new fifth cert has been added that when equipped not only provides all the perks of rank 4 stealth but also generates a cloaking bubble when deployed that cloaks all friendly infantry within it.
Infiltrator Cloaking Pass
Infiltrator cloaks now have additional states based on movement.
Crouching no change
Crouch walking is now much less visible
Standing is now less visible
Running is slightly less visible
Sprinting, no change
Striker
Small damage increase to ground vehicles
Increased initial projectile speed from 50 to 60
Increased max projectile speed from 180 to 220
Increased projectile acceleration from 0.75 to 1.25
Vehicle stealth no longer prevents rockets from seeking
Burst Carbines and Assault Rifles

? T1B Cylcer
o Recoil min magnitude increased from 0.27 to .4
o Recoil max magnitude increased from 0.27 to .4
o Burst recoil first shot modifier decreased from 2.50 to 0.75
o Recoil Increase Crouched increased from 0.1 to 0.15
o Recoil Increase increased from 0.1 to 0.15
o Hipfire cof increased by 0.5

? Trac-5 Burst
o Burst recoil first shot modifier decreased from 2.35 to 0.75
o Recoil max magnitude increased from 0.3 to .5
o Recoil Increase Crouched increased from 0to 0.2
o Recoil Increase increased from 0 to 0.2

? Gauss Rifle Burst
o Horizontal Recoil Min decreased from 0.168 to 0.16
o Horizontal Recoil Max decreased from 0.168 to 0.16
o Recoil min magnitude decreased from 0.472 to 0.4
o Recoil max magnitude increased from 0.472 to 0.5
o Burst recoil first shot modifier decreased from 1 to 0.5
o Recoil Increase Crouched increased from 1 to 0.1
o Recoil Increase decreased from 1 to 0.1

? Gauss Compact Burst
o Recoil max magnitude increased from 0.4 to 0.5
o Burst recoil first shot modifier decreased from 1.75 to 0.75
o Recoil Increase increased from 0 to 0.1

? Equinox VE2 Burst
o Recoil min magnitude decreased from 0.22 to 0.23
o Recoil max magnitude increased from 0.22 to 0.4
o Burst recoil first shot modifier decreased from 2.75 to 0.75
o Recoil Increase Crouched increased from 0.05 to 0.17
o Recoil Increase decreased from 1 to 0.17
o Recoil shots at min mag increased from 0 to 1
o Recoil Horizontal Min decreased from 0.16 to 0.15

? Solstice VE3 Burst
o Recoil max magnitude increased from 0.25 to 0.35
o Burst recoil first shot modifier decreased from 2.8 to 0.75
o Recoil Increase Crouched increased from 0to 0.1
o Recoil Increase decreased from 0 to 0.1

New in the Depot

? Several new Player Studio Cosmetics were added to the store. Additional Player Studio items will become available on the Depot each week over the next month.

o Available Immediately:
? Plague Doctor Armor and Vehicle Decals by DoktorTheAlmighty
? Serenity Valley Armor and Vehicle Decals by NikkoJT
? Forward Armor and Vehicle Decals by anadin150
? Vanguard Loadout Armor by Neko Zero (NC Only)
? Harasser Reinforced Hubcaps by MajorStorm
? Skydiver Helmet by Faven (TR Only)
? Windrunner Helmet by Faven (VS Only)
? Bivalvia Helmet by CountPoly (VS Only)
? Skyhawk Helmet by Steveo (NC Only)
? Thunderstruck Helmet by Faven (TR Only)

Bug Fixes

Sticky Grenades no longer apply damage twice
reloading with Aegis Shield active could invalidate following shots
Godsaw moving ADS changed back to 0.4
Small deployables took more than one shot to destroy with the Archer
"A" point at Hurakan Secure Storage is in the wrong Hex
Speculative Fix - Weapon attachments don't always go into deepcloak
Fix bug with tab screen that made kill tracking unreliable
Simply kicking a player from squad will no-longer prevent them from rejoining
Instant action could take players to a location nowhere near the displayed location
Instant action will now display a conformation box before sending a player to a different continent
Lasher out of ammo clicking heard at excessive ranges
Denmark Flag decal should no longer be emissive at night
Fixed the broken start fire animation for The Butcher
Fixed floating offhand in first person for the Phaseshift
Improved TR muzzle smoke visibility issues when using iron sights
ESF nose guns should now be easier to see even in bright sky conditions
Replaced a Station Cash icon the code redemption flow
Addressed some issues with Darklight Flashlight attachment effect synchronization
Adjusted NC sniper rifles to have longer barrel and adjusted default muzzle break to fix droopy barrel look
Adjusted VS bolt action rechamber to take up less screen space
Adjusted structure interior texture to be lighter with more grime and a slightly brighter emissive
Removed the phantom break lights from the Vanguard since it does not have break lights in the base model
Fixed bad camo seam on a rear housing of T5 AMC and TRS-12
Adjusted the Archer and Rocket Launcher enter scope animation to help with the 'pop'
Adjusted the length of the Archer Stock to help with penetration with the player
Adjusted the material type on the vehicle barrier to be correct
Adjusted texture seams on Amerish rocks to be better
Fixed many player studio related visual bugs
Removed harsh orange rim light from the character/vehicle/weapon screen
Adjusted Valkyrie cockpit screens to be visible in direct sunlight
Shrike irons sight should now work properly
Various texture size optimization to help reduce overall memory usage.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Kind of sad that while All the other burst weapons got a mixed buff (buffs and nerfs to make it more accurate during burst, worse after), that the gauss burst is very nearly a straight buff. Clearly shows how badly out of whack it was, I guess.

Hekotat

CQC sniper infiltrators are fucking god mode now if you can get a head shot, you will basically kill them before you even de-cloak on their screen. Infiltrators are now a serious threat after this patch. Hard to get used to that after almost 3 years of shooting them 100 meters out while cloaked.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I am killing more snipers then anything else. Maybe they think they are god mode? Its funny as shit because they are invisible then start shooting and miss.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I am killing more snipers then anything else. Maybe they think they are god mode? Its funny as shit because they are invisible then start shooting and miss.
That's probably just me :p

/miss
/whiff
/AimSmallMissSmall(tm)

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
For all of Smed's fuckups, I don't think PS1 or PS2 would have been made without him.

Hekotat

Was raping this weekend, even saw Regime get noob raped by grenade spam, haha.

I think the issue I was having with infiltrators is dependent on ping, mainly those Korean fuckers that have invaded Connery recently.

I also got accused of hacking yesterday for all my shots hitting a guy in the head. I was rocking a monstrous 1.3 KDR at the time.