Planetside 2

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
That continent is still pretty much dead because of that. I think it's mainly because of the framerate issues though.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I can't tell whether this patch made the game better or worse. I was having a decent amount of fun playing an hour or so a few days a week, and I'm still having a decent amount of fun.

Hekotat

The game seems more stable for sure but some of these guys have put bases in some really clever spots and you can't do shit about it if they're in them. I still think it needs some more tweaking, but they are moving in the right direction.

Hekotat

Yeah they did something to make them harder to see, it especially suck son Indar at night.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Hah no I mean you run in an empty room and get shot in the face from nothing, and the kill screen is a man without a head. Haven't seen that? My friends were seeing it too.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
sounds like the same bug h1z1 has. its a desync bug where the guy can see you but you cant see him. shit is annoying.

2002User

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Just wanted to throw out there should be a decent amount of people on PlanetSide 1 today/tomorrow for the 13th anniversary. When I say decent--I'm talking in relative to PS1's regular numbers. Proceed at your own risk, but come have fun if you want!

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Had a grand time in the double xp this weekend. Last night one of us got this strange desynch problem, and after trying a bunch of stuff figured out it was Vanu specific! Even switching to another server Vanu was messed up.

So we jumped on some conglomerates for awhile. Immediately we all noticed how amazing the default gun is. We were all just mowing people down. Then about 30 minutes later it sort of went away. I wonder if they boost damage for low levels to try to help out newbs?

I still notice the strange phenomenon where when you first log in, people die when you shoot them. But if you switch from fighting terrans to smurfs, the smurfs are suddenly eating whole clips without dying. But it is not an everytime thing. Sometimes I'll have a great night where my guns aren't half full of blanks.

Hekotat

I've been having a lot of issues with invisible people as well, I chalk it up to there only being giant zerg fights. There used to be smaller fights but now it's usually just one per faction on Connery it seems. I end up on Emerald more and more every week.

I'm wondering if Overwatch is going to hurt the numbers even more.

2002User

Bronze Knight of the Realm
On July 15-17, there will be a large gathering on PlanetSide 1 for a weekend event happening. Last event, on April 8-10, we pulled in 100 players at peak, and hit an Orange Alert at Bel on Forseral. This event, I hope that we are able to reach a Red Alert, and have over 100 players online.

What about the hackers?
Hackers will be nonexistent this event. Hackers have stopped coming to PlanetSide lately. Furthermore, anti hack tools have been created and will be able to repel any hackers that decide to show up.

Discord
Discord is a IRC/Voice combination that is available as a browser based app with an optional download with additional features. The PSForever Discord server will serve as the public chat room for text discussion about the event and for voice chat before/during the event. There is a consistent 30-40 active PS1 players online here, it's definitely worth checking out. Additionally, you can report cheaters here using the !report <NameOfHacker-Faction Reason> command.
Invite link:Discord

Download
You can download PlanetSide 1 from this link:
https://launch.daybreakgames.com/installer/PS_setup.exe

You can login using your existing Daybreak Games account. If you don't have one, you can create one for free!

Hekotat

I finally unlocked the Eclipse. Totally not worth it, but whatever.
Well that's disappointing. I guess I'll stop fucking around with the shittier Carbines then.

I did unlock my LA Auraxium ammo the other day.

Hekotat

Haha, dammit Mist! Stop fucking with my game plans. I talked 3 friends of mine into buying PCs for the first time in their lives and now they are playing this game with me. I find it quite funny how in awe they are over this game. They're also blown away by Steam prices, fucking console peasants.

I wonder if they are ever going to reduce char slots to 3, one per faction and just let you play on any server you want.