Planetside 2

2002User

Bronze Knight of the Realm
"PSForever hit a big milestone when we were able to log back in to the PlanetSide 1 game. Here's to more awesome work in the coming months! Apologies for the poor quality on the server output."

Below is a video from Chord, the PSForever Lead Developer taking some early steps in the game world using the PSForever Server and providing some commentary about the project!

Screenshots:PlanetSide 1 Emulator (PSForever.net) - Album on Imgur
Code:GitHub - psforever/PSF-LoginServer: PlanetSide login server.
Website/Forums:PSForever - PlanetSide Forever
Discord (very active, come join us!):Discord

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I fully support this disease. I've been playing NC a lot on Emerald lately, I'll add you.

Hekotat

Did you change your char name there Regime? I never see you on unless you changed it.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
You finally getting out of vehicles trebb?

I play emerald NC quite a bit too with Brick Squad.
Considering I have a few hundred kills, and none of it with infantry with this char, I'd say... no
wink.png

I don't get any rage tells though, just people agreeing that I'm cancer.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Yes, this game is still running. I'm also delighted to see a 3d D12 as the logo on the website. That poor die is only used for greataxes and rolling barbarian hit points.

Also if I could meet the person who made motion spotters, I would tell them very mean things and ask to have it removed from the game.

Something something, player made bases.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Still loggin in and rotating factions depending on fights m. Shitting on shitters til the fun police arrive and Zerg the fight. /em Switch chars

Hekotat

I think I've finally hit my limit. It's almost like the game was designed with trolling in mind and I just can't take it anymore.

I lost my shit today and went off on a guy for like 2 mins in chat, lol. Just gonna wait on BF1 and hopefully it rocks.

2002User

Dear god just let it die.
No way, game is better than the unfinished, unoptimized, and shallow piece of shit that is PlanetSide 2.

If I wanted to play a modern large scale FPS game, I don't have to play the mediocre mess that is the over glorified Team Deathmatch BF clone of PlanetSide 2. There are several Battlefield titles, including Battlefield 1 going into Open Beta this month.

PlanetSide is a unique gem that was neglected by SOE/DBG, and the future potential of PlanetSide Emu (ease of modding/upgrade project) is fantastic. You're just being a hater that accepts watered down garbage games from shitty companies like DBG.

Last edited:

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
lol not even close.

Anyway like Heko said no one will care about PS once BF one is out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

No way, game is better than the unfinished, unoptimized, and shallow piece of shit that is PlanetSide 2.

If I wanted to play a modern large scale FPS game, I don't have to play the mediocre mess that is the over glorified Team Deathmatch BF clone of PlanetSide 2. There are several Battlefield titles, including Battlefield 1 going into Open Beta this month.

PlanetSide is a unique gem that was neglected by SOE/DBG, and the future potential of PlanetSide Emu (ease of modding/upgrade project) is fantastic. You're just being a hater that accepts watered down garbage games from shitty companies like DBG.

The game (PS2) definately has potential, but the devs are so fucking entrenched in their idea of what it should be they won't attempt anything new or any kind of changes the game needs.

Also, I have no idea why they don't do small patches fixing or adding things rather than updates that take 6 months to a year to put out. Regardless, I quit and I doubt I'll ever be back. They had 3 years to fix shit and instead left huge aspects of the game unbalanced and broken.

I hate Origin as much as the next guy, but they always let you beta test their games so you can see if they are worth it or not. For me, usually they aren't.

2002User

The game (PS2) definately has potential, but the devs are so fucking entrenched in their idea of what it should be they won't attempt anything new or any kind of changes the game needs.

Also, I have no idea why they don't do small patches fixing or adding things rather than updates that take 6 months to a year to put out. Regardless, I quit and I doubt I'll ever be back. They had 3 years to fix shit and instead left huge aspects of the game unbalanced and broken.

I hate Origin as much as the next guy, but they always let you beta test their games so you can see if they are worth it or not. For me, usually they aren't.
PS2 does have potential, but it doesn't have the resources or manpower to realize said potential. Not only that, it's rooted with many fundamental issues such as the base designs, lattice, gunplay, TTK, pay model, performance, engine, bugs, hack potential, etc. I could write a book about how it is a failed product, and will never be redeemed.

At least with PS1 the fans have the option to patch and upgrade a good game that was neglected, even if it's for an even smaller niche player base than PS2 already is.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users