Planetside 2

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I disagree on that topic. You can get the weapons for your prefered role in a couple of weeks, and theres no reason to unlock everything in the first month unless you want to "be done" with the game in an OCD must unlock all pokemons way. Its nice to not pile up useless certs 4 months from now but instead spend them on situational or niche weapons and unlocks. The stated goal for PS is a game foundation they build upon for a long time, the cert system has to make sense for the long haul. And then theres the little details of revenue from weapons that would poof if you can get them for 10-100 certs (i.e. an hour or two of play for the most expensive even if you just derp around).

Hinadurus_sl

shitlord
There's so much I haven't done yet in the game I will likely be playing for some time. I am a terribad pilot, have very few unlocks and a low battle rank, never been in a max, still don't know my way around the bases that well. I'm having a LOT more fun playing in ARGO than when I was in beta just running around solo. When ARGO isn't on I have been grouping up with TRAF (I think is the tag). I'm trying to get a few rl buddies to start playing but they either don't have good comps or are judging the game w/o playing it. I still can't believe this game is free, for the amount of entertainment I have gotten out of it I wish I would have bought the alpha squad thing. Too bad I was poor at the time heh.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Just hop in vehicles when you can, you gain the points back quick to respawn them and you're just wasting them if you don't use them. I think I've been in a Max or Galaxy over 14 minutes total. Definitely fly every chance you get, it's a lot of fun. I get blown out of the sky most times but I do it with a smile on my face.

There is no reason for people to try this game, my friends are exactly the same way. They would rather play something they've heard of than play a free game. They think it's shit because it's free.

I'm fixin to be off for 7 days in a row so I'll be on most of the time.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Just hop in vehicles when you can, you gain the points back quick to respawn them and you're just wasting them if you don't use them. I think I've been in a Max or Galaxy over 14 minutes total. Definitely fly every chance you get, it's a lot of fun. I get blown out of the sky most times but I do it with a smile on my face.

There is no reason for people to try this game, my friends are exactly the same way. They would rather play something they've heard of than play a free game. They think it's shit because it's free.

I'm fixin to be off for 7 days in a row so I'll be on most of the time.
Being blown up while learning to fly is the advanced class, first grade is not planting the thing is nearest building. One advice is to change the flight keybindings, default is crappy there.

Hinadurus_sl

shitlord
Well I made it half way across the map kind of dodging and weaving around buildings and cliffs to work on my sense of speed and reaction. I'm in a mosquito and an enemy appears. Okay I can do this.. Start firing, then another enemy appears! Apparently that's my cue to lose ALL control and I'm spinning around and upside down sideways before I know it. Boom I'm dead. Talk about panicking in a sticky situation..

I started playing medic and like it a lot. I perform better as such and feel like I'm contributing to the efforts by healing and rezzing people.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
then another enemy appears! Apparently that's my cue to lose ALL control and I'm spinning around and upside down sideways before I know it. Boom I'm dead. Talk about panicking in a sticky situation..
This is what we call 'evasive manuevers!!!' And is completely normal
wink.png

wink.png

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Well I made it half way across the map kind of dodging and weaving around buildings and cliffs to work on my sense of speed and reaction. I'm in a mosquito and an enemy appears. Okay I can do this.. Start firing, then another enemy appears! Apparently that's my cue to lose ALL control and I'm spinning around and upside down sideways before I know it. Boom I'm dead. Talk about panicking in a sticky situation..

I started playing medic and like it a lot. I perform better as such and feel like I'm contributing to the efforts by healing and rezzing people.
I was like that in Beta. By the time I started playing in release, I was an above average pilot. Just keep at it and you will get used to it sooner than you think.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I want to like playing a medic, but god damn getting no EXP for rezes and healing pisses me off. I'll be the only medic in a group, and only get exp for 1 rez in every 4.

And for the healing, Fuck the mechanic that if you heal someone who hasn't lost more than 15 or 20% health, you don't get an exp tick even though you heal them to full.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Pro tips for new pilots.

Always launch from the warpgate. Use the 'enemy activity' view as well as the 'control' view of the map to get a feel for where the front line is. Zoom behind the front line, running along it, to see where you have friendly anti aircraft. People in MAXes, a tower with base turrets manned, whatever. Once you've found this place, point back towards the warp gate (or somewhere friendlyish), bring up the map and set that friendly AA place as your personal waypoint.

Use that as your retreat point and use the various components of the friendly zerg to your advantage.

Hekotat

The absolute worst part of playing a Medic is other people. You rez them and they run off with no health....I just recently decided fuck them and stopped chasing them around trying to heal them.

The Sabr-13 in single shot mode is one of my favorite weapons if I'm just sitting back and healing/rezzing. I will pop around a corner and drop 2 or 3 people then go back to healing for awhile. Otherwise stick with the Cycler with IR/NV for complete domination.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
That works both ways though. I hate being rezzed, then waiting for the heal for like 5-10 seconds while trying to be near the medic without catching a stray bullet, but the heal doesnt come. Might as well have respawned then. Comedy option is getting the res and standing up to your recently headshot medic, then eating the next headshot (i know, probably doesnt work anymore).

Hekotat

I have no problem if you run back a bit behind the line to await a heal and reload but 90% of these morons go full retard sprint to the other side of the base.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Is the first shot of a gun with both burst and single shot treated differently depending on which mode you use? I so far assumed the first shot is treated the same and just the rest of the burst recoils all across the horizon.

Helldiver

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Wait, so medics don't gain exp the same way an engineer does when repairing stuff?

I'm one of the ones that runs off soon as ressed. Though it depends on the location; front line spots with TR/VS on the otherside of the rock we're all hiding in, I'll move soon as ressed. 9/10 times we'll all die to a grenade or rocket, so I move and sprint so as to keep from feeding them. The spot at the door to the top of Allatum (where that platform is that you jump to where they used to park galaxies) is one of those spots where medics will spam resses. It's cool that they ress you, but odds are if you stay still you'll die to the uncoming rocket and grenade spam.

Hekotat

I'm unsure about the recoil if it's in a different firing mode, but I know the 2nd shot on the SABR-13 2 round burst mode hits far off target so I just keep it single shot and it seems to work much better. I am fucked if someone steps in close quarters.

Rezzing is definitely situational and you're not always going to get a clean rez, it just annoys the hell out of me when someone dies in the middle of nowhere and they run off as soon as they are rezzed, it's such a huge disadvantage to our team so it really gets to me.

Medics gaine XP the same way but it bugs out sometimes and you don't get anything.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
medic's are almost the same mechanics as engi's. Every X% of healing nets an exp tick. Usually only get 4ish ticks off of a nearly dead player. So think of healing players like somewhere between repairing vehicle terminals (?6? exp ticks) and manna turrets (?3? ticks).

But the rez mechanic is just lump-sum exp if they say yes to the rez (and is buggy as fuck).

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Are you sure its buggy? You dont' get exp for ressing someone who died from their own team; or from someone who died to vehicle damage.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
wha?

See, I, personally, would consider that to be "buggy". I can see the TK part as an anti-grinding measure, but that is such a "throw out baby with the bathwater" solution. And the vehicle thing, that's just stupid.

Besides, why should the non-abusing medic (and by extension, the team) be penalized because morons run in-front of things they shouldn't? And in the aftermath of a firefight, the medic doesn't have any way to known who was a dumbass, getting themselves TKed; and who was shot by the enemy.

Hinadurus_sl

shitlord
Anyone happen to be playing in 3d? My card supports it but monitor does not. Thinking of taking the plunge if its not too expensive. Wanted some input though if anyone's already using it for ps2.