Planetside 2

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Mattherson or Watterson are the two best servers for consistent population.

Played for 2 hours yesterday, didn't have any problems. Though some people definitely did have problems, since they'd be flying overhead and freeze in the air (the probably crashed). Free kill heh.
Hah, is that what that was? I got a few free kills this way, was wondering how they could hover perfectly still :p

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
Rumor has it there will be some form of station cash sales for Thanksgiving/Black Friday. Hopefully it's a 2x or 3x deal, instead of the crappy 40% off one like they had at July 4th this year.

Walmart has $15 SC cards with bonus $5 SC. If you redeem it on a 2x or 3x sale, you can get $40-$60 worth of SC for $15. You can stretch that even more if you stick to buying stuff in game that are part of bundles/daily sales.

Excidium

Trakanon Raider
This patch was not worth the months of inactivity. As somebody who flies, I didn't gain any new frames what so ever. Actually, if I don't roll with Smoothing on (v-sync) and strap myself at 58 frames, my screen tearing is so bad that I can lose targets. And with their "optimization" changes, tracers fired from the ground do not render properly and its 10x harder to figure out the direction of the tracer. We are now back to being hit by magical bullets. This long over due patch was just a way to stall the masses to continue to play this broken game. Jigs up, nothing is new and what was changed was all smoke and mirrors. Oh, and in huge battles, the game looks smoother, but the controls become sluggish in vehicles just like before the patch. It was never a graphical problem, it was all the network traffic causing the game to grind to a halt. If you want to prove this, play on a low pop server at prime time, then head to Connery during prime time and witness the game feeling sluggish.

Since this patch did not fix the real glaring issues with this game, I have officially quit Planetside 2 indefinitely, and I will never play another SoE game ever again. To all you die hard EQ fans, EQN and all its side projects will be a complete flop of a game. SoE has not changed since the days Furor would rant on FoH's web page about all the problems that players are experiencing. They ignore the real problems and fix things that nobody wanted fixed. Only when there is a mass exodus do they try and fix the problems. By then, sadly it's too late. We saw it in every game they have ever made.

Edit: Fuck you Smedly, you are a giant faggot who must suck massive cock to still lead a studio. You know shit about games and even come off as a slimy cunt. Putting out videos of your office looking incompetent trying to fix problems didn't help your cause. F2P is not a free pass to release broken unfinished games with no solid game mechanics and shit performance. So fuck you, I'm out.

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
Edit: Fuck you Smedly, you are a giant faggot who must suck massive cock to still lead a studio. You know shit about games and even come off as a slimy cunt. Putting out videos of your office looking incompetent trying to fix problems didn't help your cause. F2P is not a free pass to release broken unfinished games with no solid game mechanics and shit performance. So fuck you, I'm out.
Man thats one angry bird.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Loved the patch but then again I stop worrying how to fly and loved the ground.

RobXIII

<Gold Donor>
Loved the patch but then again I stop worrying how to fly and loved the ground.
I've had a ton of fun ground fights since last patch. At least 60v60 with good FPS. In that chaos I can cause a lot of mischief with a solo harasser + radar. But they've already stated that my poor buggy is getting a survivability nerf soon =\

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
I've had a ton of fun ground fights since last patch. At least 60v60 with good FPS. In that chaos I can cause a lot of mischief with a solo harasser + radar. But they've already stated that my poor buggy is getting a survivability nerf soon =\
Rob what server/faction are you on?

Also as another harasser driver, we both know this needed to happen lol.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Harassers are sorta bullshit, lol. Can't wait for that patch. As for optimization, I'm loving it. Even my flying got smoother as well, sucks to be you I guess.

RobXIII

<Gold Donor>
I'm on Watterson / TR.

Harassers are really OP, at least when manned with a gunner. My solo harasser build is countered by *everything* except infantry, so I don't feel cheesy using it.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Doing a lot better now that I'm getting used to the smoothness but man are the motion sensor darts fucking retarded now.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I finally got my SMG after starting my new character on Connery but god damn I want to pilot but libs and scythes that aren't upgraded may as well be dead the second you spawn them.

JVIRUS

Golden Knight of the Realm
Speaking of SMGs ESF and lib piloting, I made a goofy video in celebration of the optimization patch of exactly those three things!

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
nice vid, I feel your pain on that incredible aiming with the SMG. I can't kill shit with them, I do wreck shop with the Artemis though.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Got to see some guy bring a Harasser into a tech plant and park it overlooking the A point, twice. I'm not sure if I was more pissy that that is even possible (I *assume* he went up the two sets of stairs), or that he racked up a lot of kills because players have apparently never heard of rocket launchers.

Someone rec a good gun for a Heavy Infantry? Been messing around in the try out zone, and just can't seem to really make up my mind. *As a Vanu I should say.

RobXIII

<Gold Donor>
The pump action shotguns were on sale last night for 350sc, I couldn't help myself. My god are they cheesy in a bio-lab or any close quarters fights. I can only imagine what they were like pre-nerf.

Then we started getting overrun by ZOE maxxes so I switched back to the even cheesier UBGL and got back to killing 3+ people a click.