Planetside 2

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Has the game gotten worse or something? I haven't played in a few months but I had only really had issues when it turned into huge 500+ people three way fights, but regularly did fights with 100ish -150ish on both sides or sometimes even a 3rd without a problem. And then the only issues were culling and I'm running a 1st gen i7 and 5850.
It's the same but on test with well over 200 people fighting at the crown (his own outfit was there too) the frames were vastly better than currently. I'd say come back and try after the patch oh and I added you cingevs.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I don't do the ESF thing too often, I usually use it as a free ride to the squad, then stick around with max radar until I die. But lately, I'll be doing some high-speed maneuver low to the ground, only to have the game hitch for almost a full second, just enough to let me run into the ground. Does this happen to anyone else? Other than that, I get 60+FPS in all but the zergiest fights.

Also, crashing to desktop every time I log out is /lol

Remmy

Golden Knight of the Realm
Wow did they go full retard and added weapons you can only buy with station cash? I am not really up to date with the game since like May because I was playing other stuff but kept it earmarked in case the FPS itch comes back. Weapons you cannot obtain without buying station cash would make me forget about that idea.
You absolutely can buy them without station cash. But the Grind to gain the minimal load out to be able to effectively combat vehicle faggotry is pretty daunting for the average "play for free" player. At a minimum to even start to be threatening you need to have the seperate AA, and ground vehicle rocket launchers unlocked. And from what I've seen as NC on Connory, the average player doesn't have that capability.

Assuming your faction doesn't constantly win alerts, the average player will take a very long time to obtain those items. Assuming a 1:1 kdr.

Excidium

Trakanon Raider
Has the game gotten worse or something? I haven't played in a few months but I had only really had issues when it turned into huge 500+ people three way fights, but regularly did fights with 100ish -150ish on both sides or sometimes even a 3rd without a problem. And then the only issues were culling and I'm running a 1st gen i7 and 5850.
Prime time there are some larger fights, but this is only a fraction of the sizes we got to experience at launch. The only map that has action on it is Indar, and action on Esamir only happens during an alert at or near peak times. Amerish is pretty much dead, and if a Domination Alert hits Amerish, its normally won in 10-15 mins by the side that had all the control before the alert was announced. Indar ends up in the same stalemates with zergs being crushed at the same choke points because there is no place to go. There is still no reason to take bases. Indar fights always end up between Quartz Ridge and Indar Exc, Allatum Biolab, Crossroads/Tawrich, Feldspar, Crimson Rock, and Mao tech plant. Of course this is on Waterson, but I doubt much of that really changes from server to server since these are the easiest bases to defend.

And the game has gone down hit pretty badly. SoE keeps ignoring all the imbalance issues and poor game play mechanics. I don't believe this shit will be fixed in the next two years. PS2 now caters to the mouth breathers so if you are in a vehicle, be ready to get lock-on spammed. If you aren't a top pilot of any vehicle, a max, or a heavy assault, there is no long term fun to be had in this game.

Jais

Trakanon Raider
I've played in spurts since Aug 2012, first as NC (BR 34ish) and now TR (BR 45ish) on Waterson. I'm not the player that reads the forums or really keeps up with patch notes, I'm not in an Outfit nor do I really join Squads. I play Heavy Assault 93% of the time and have like 10k certs spent. I still enjoy the shit out of this game, between "what the fuck killed me?" calls and throwing things moments. I just recently certed into Medic and Engi and that shit's a whole nother game. Medic is pretty fun/hectic but I see what everyone says about farming certs as Medic, that shit's nuts. I usually get like 20-30 fps in large fights so I try to stay away from the CQB game.

Outside of following the Alerts I play on Indar cause that's where I've always played (I miss the old Crown layout). Amarish sucks cock cause it lacks lattice and it's just base swapping.

https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5...47240209/stats

I find the game is still fun through I'm certain sure looking forward to Hossin.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wonder if they will ever do a oshur style setup. No heavy tanks/veh, big weapons, heavy planes(though harder with mosq/reaver rolled into 1) etc.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wonder if they will ever do a oshur style setup. No heavy tanks/veh, big weapons, heavy planes(though harder with mosq/reaver rolled into 1) etc.
It was heavily hinted to me in Vegas by Malorn.

I will add you jais but I mainly play vanu.

Jais

Trakanon Raider
Been making an effort to play in squads/platoons now. Did a whole alert on Amerish in a platoon and 90% of my orders were "deploy to warpgate" We'd gal drop in and win/lose a base, deploy back to warpgate and do the same to another base. Is this just an Amerish thing or just how this shit works outside of the zerg? I'm hoping it's just an Amerish thing cause I'll take zerg over spending 40% of my time waiting for a galaxy to fill up.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
That's basically how it goes and it's annoying as fuck. They really need to make those things deploy-able from more locations.

I think my favorite is when I deploy a Scythe then get told to go to another continent.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They just need to make connected warpgates, so you can travel to other conts while in a vehicle.

Hekotat

I just discovered the Light PPA for the Scythe, that thing is phenomenal against infantry/armor.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
So... the WDS event was kind of silly. They 'tweaked' numbers mid competition, and somehow like tripled the VS score, TR won 90% of the time, then bam...NOPE!

I suppose that's comeuppance from all the random events TR 'won' despite evidence to the contrary.

In other words, SoE sucks at creating and managing events
wink.png

Opimo_sl

shitlord
That's basically how it goes and it's annoying as fuck. They really need to make those things deploy-able from more locations.

I think my favorite is when I deploy a Scythe then get told to go to another continent.
You can spawn them from Tech. Plants.

The main problem with this game is that 99% of the playerbase is fucking retarded.

Hekotat

Well I guess my luck has finally run out with this game.

2 days ago I started having this happen after a few minutes of playing, but if I alt tab'd out of the game and back in it would fix it and I could continue playing.
rrr_img_48747.jpg

As of yesterday this no longer worked and it would fuck up my desktop screen as well forcing me to restart and now it will either CTD when I try to select a character or 2-3 mins in.

I don't feel like wading through the cesspool that is the PS2 forums to let them know so here's to hoping a SOE employee see's this here. Also, it looks like the OMFG is being pushed back as well.