Planetside 2

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Waterson's Redemption on Esamir is a grand infantry brawl. I've only had good fights like that in biolabs. The only thing that annoyed me was snipers. Snipers don't work so well in biolabs.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's the beauty of PS2. So much situational class, vehicle, air, weapon choices. Some are useless in some instances and completely devestating in others.

Really loving being back in this game the last couple weeks!!

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Waterson's Redemption on Esamir is a grand infantry brawl. I've only had good fights like that in biolabs. The only thing that annoyed me was snipers. Snipers don't work so well in biolabs.
If you can 'solve the jump puzzle' and work your way on top of the 1st shelf of the tower above the SCU, you're in for some free kills while hiding behind that banner up top. I snuck up there a few times, the best was when we were attacking, and as always they were camping the teleport room. I just worked back to front, engies on turrets, medics sitting still, noone saw their friend die behind them. I think I got 40+ kills. It was like killing NPCs in a single player FPS.

I've probably only played sniper 0.0000005% of my total time. I normally run with a battle rifle(SOAS-20, don't laugh) if we need an infil. Maxxed out motion sensors are OP.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Buddy and I were talking about non-conventional tactics today. We kinda jokingly came up with the "jihad infiltrator". The other day, a squad member ran in front of me as I was tossing C4 into a doorway. I laughed as I noticed this C4 pack stuck to his back and he was running around with it. The lightbulb went off and we discussed, what is to stop a squad of people tossing a load of C4 packs onto an infiltrator, let him steath into an area of high threat / multiple targets and have someone remote detonate the martyr in glorious carnage?

Feasability? Or.. has this been figured out ages ago and I'm still just a noob?

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, C4 explodes in game if you shoot it, so I imagine he would detonate if he's hit by enemy fire.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
There are several videos of people sticking c4 on infiltrators where they get on a cloaked flash and roll out to blow up a tank. So it's very feasible.

GrizzlyCL

Lord Nagafen Raider
Do you use keyboard+mouse? I have a cheap joystick that I use when I try to fly. Its always neat to fly with joystick. I still suck though. I usually just farm with my mutilator max. Love busting in a room looking like the koolaid man (TR) and just mowing people down.

RobXIII

<Gold Donor>
OH YEAHHHH! *decimator to the face* oh nooooo..

Nah just keyboard / mouse for me. I bind pitch up/down to my side mouse buttons though.

xzi

Mouthbreather
^ updates appear to be postponed with no ETA yet

It's on their forums in announcements and game update notes... for whatever reason I can't link directly to the post without getting a 403 page?? wut

And then on reddit dcarey posted
"Sorry guys - hit a last minute issue with water not rendering properly. We aren't going to be going out tomorrow morning. I'll have more updates tomorrow on the new timeline. Not ruling out a Friday morning update if we feel confident with things."

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
my computer monitor went out and my back up is a 19 inch. going to wait til my new one comes, i got a benq, they are good for streetfighter. So it was a priority lol

RobXIII

<Gold Donor>
Looks like Valkyrie comes out tomorrow. 1 forward gun, 4 rumble seats, and they tweaked up survivability and speed. Should be loads of fun.
I was bored, and had 7k certs sitting around, so spent it all on this 'vehicle', knowing it's probably underpowered.

...Yeah that was an understatement. I swear this thing dies faster than ESFs, and is slower too. I farmed a few of these in my ESF with the INFANTRY farming weapon, and in one clip, killed all the people in the gunner seats, then downed it. Maybe they were worried about having another Harasser episode and released it woefully underpowered?

I do like that you can buy an ability for folks to spawn in it.

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
Yeah it dies really fast against pretty much any other aircraft. If your side is dominating the air though, it's a rather effective dropship. Saw some NC on emerald use it pretty effectively today to drop AV nests on top of mountains (At Crossroads), or to drop a load of heavies onto enemy vehicle groupings and just destroy everyone (On hossin).

Aside from that it was a valkyrie farmfest. I spent the day running around in a PPA harasser (monstrous hilarious fun solo or with a gunner), and you could taste the disappointment when a Valkyrie was decimated by a PPA. But also incredibly frightening when you have 3 valkyries chasing you with ~9 infantry ready to drop with rockets or missiles and the only thing saving you is a vehicle shield lol.

I can't see them leaving Valkyries like this, it has to be buffed somehow. A wraith cloak would be pretty neat.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I do find it funny that they *seem* to be trying to make lockons relevant again by making a vehicle which can get them closer to where air typically plays. Cause as it stands, if an airplane is low enough to be locked on, they either can tank it and not care (lib/gal), or there is plenty of shit to break the locks.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
hmm... Planetside running alot smoother for anyone else after that update? Even in big battles, the game play is even better then before.