Planetside 2

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I've always had strange damage vs one side or the other. Seems like if I have a battle vs one faction, then switch to fighting another, the second seems harder to kill.

Jais

Trakanon Raider
Logged back in after a crash, all the buttons and shit said like "##UISelloffHeader" type shit, thought little of it and continued to play. Now when I open the lauchpad it is just a white box. Anyone?

Edit: I rolled my drivers back and am now able to actually play at least for a time until I randomly crash or I stutter a lot and then crash.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gameplay is smooth but I swear NC players no longer take damage.
Without claiming hacks or anything, I have to agree with this time of gameplay against some foes. I can be fairly close range and use a "regular" amount of rounds to drop an enemy. Two seconds later some random infantry from 100 yards out drops me in a second flat with full shield / health. Can't figure this shit out sometimes.

Opimo_sl

shitlord
The game has major issues with hit registration. It's even worse if you're under 60 FPS due to how the client calculates damage.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I've often wondered if rate of fire was framerate dependent. Most game devs check if a trigger is held during an update called once a frame. If you are getting 10fps then you'd probably only be able to fire 10 shots a second.

I've moved to using rawinput, with a timestamp based system that tells me how long something has been held since last I checked, so I can do rate of fire * time elapsed.

Opimo_sl

shitlord
I've often wondered if rate of fire was framerate dependent. Most game devs check if a trigger is held during an update called once a frame. If you are getting 10fps then you'd probably only be able to fire 10 shots a second.

I've moved to using rawinput, with a timestamp based system that tells me how long something has been held since last I checked, so I can do rate of fire * time elapsed.
Rate of fire and the checks for damage done are updated on frame cycles. Players with 60+ FPS will look like they're moving slightly faster during heavy fights too.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No idea if my issue is FPS related though. I have a Quad i7 OC'd to 4.5GHz, 16G Ram, and two 670 in SLI displayed on only 1080p. It really shouldn't bog down and hasn't felt that way.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
No idea if my issue is FPS related though. I have a Quad i7 OC'd to 4.5GHz, 16G Ram, and two 670 in SLI displayed on only 1080p. It really shouldn't bog down and hasn't felt that way.
How is your SLI usage? The total % between my 2 cards never seems to go past 100% (ie card one is 40% card two 40%). I have my MSI Afterburner show GPU stats on my G19 keyboard LCD, just to see if shits running right. SLI rocks in single player games, but sucks for almost every MMO.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
So i finally started playing with the NV attachment and my kills shot way up! Im havinga blast playing Engineer now and just tearing shit up!

Just wish i had my new monitor. this 19 inch back up from 2004 isnt cutting it. Damn 3 day weekend

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Yea NV really kicks ass until you start getting gang-banged by Infiltrators, your situational awareness has to be even better when using it. Especially if your idiot VS brethren are too focused on one door to look anywhere else.

Jais

Trakanon Raider
Now when I click play on the Lauchpad, I get the "game is loading, please wait" thing and then nothing, just lauchpad sitting there. Fuck me.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
At first I thought it was funny that my 8-year old was killing people on my VS alt, she loves the max!

Then I noticed all my SC was gone. She kinda went on an unlocking spree, not using certs. Luckily I didn't have too much...

I also hope they fix the ejector seat bug. If you don't know what that is, consider yourself lucky. 1 in 10 times getting out of a vehicle I get out 500m above it. Sometimes I can spam the vehicle enter key and take no fall damage. Rarely works though.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I also hope they fix the ejector seat bug. If you don't know what that is, consider yourself lucky. 1 in 10 times getting out of a vehicle I get out 500m above it. Sometimes I can spam the vehicle enter key and take no fall damage. Rarely works though.
I love the bug where you jump out of a vehicle that has flipped before it blows up and you occasionally "fall" upward to the game ceiling and die. That's always fun.

*Edit* What's FNO? I only recently came back to game.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I love the bug where you jump out of a vehicle that has flipped before it blows up and you occasionally "fall" upward to the game ceiling and die. That's always fun.

*Edit* What's FNO? I only recently came back to game.
Friday Night op

A dev usually Luperza would run with an outfit from the community to showcase the game and of course the outfit.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Friday Night op

A dev usually Luperza would run with an outfit from the community to showcase the game and of course the outfit.
There's af uckton of people on right now. I never seen so much of a map active. Level 35 now. working my way up slow. Settled in on mostly engineer. with a SMG and unlimited ammo, its fun!

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
I also recently resub, the game is so much smoother than it 1st launch (thanks to my newer PC as well). Tons are on during prime time, lots of dead ppl, too bad you can't loot them like in Planetside
smile.png