Planetside 2

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
This double weekend brought everyone out. 2 maps at the same time were packed earlier. I never seen that shit happen.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh man I've been sitting on some Walmart SC cards for over a year waiting for this!
SOE do the occasional triple SC. I seem to remember it at Christmas time. I don't play any SoE games anymore, but I am certain I have over 20k SC piled up from the last triple SC sale.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Soe hadn't had a double triple SC sale in over 18 months. If this marks a permanent return of double/triple sales is still not certain. Eventually I expect them to return permanently as someone finally figures out that they were a extremely effective at pushing SC sales. People buy SC because its discounted, then spend that SC because they have it, and them buy more the next time its on sale. Without the SC sales many never overcome the initial $ cost of buying items. On the other hand having 50k SC sitting on account removes the perception of a $ cost because you already spent the $ on SC weeks ago and there is no getting those $ back so you may as well spend the SC if item is of interest. Then you restock SC at next double/triple sale because well its on sale.

SoE literally lost $300-$400 from me by not having double/triple SC sells over the past 18 months. I went from spending $200+ a year on SC to spending maybe $30 total over the past 18 months. The upside is it let my finish collecting every champion in LoL over that same time period with the money I was no longer spending on SC. Well it worked for me and Riot but in not sure how it helped SoE.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
So I was banned from the PS2 forums. I posted a Nerf thread, which apparently is against the TOS. Mod tried to lock the thread, but failed spectacularly, so I joked that it was good to see the invincibility bug* in game bleed over to the forums.

Normally I don't view mods as fat, angry nerds, but apparently I found one!

* a few times a month, a person/vehicle becomes immune to damage, not a big issue

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I remember the good ole days of SC double and triple days. I used to go out to the local wallmart to buy my cards.(like the only time I ever went to wallmart) They had 1000sc cards with an extra 500 SC bonus, so during double SC, that shit was 3000 SC for $10.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Soe hadn't had a double triple SC sale in over 18 months. If this marks a permanent return of double/triple sales is still not certain. Eventually I expect them to return permanently as someone finally figures out that they were a extremely effective at pushing SC sales. People buy SC because its discounted, then spend that SC because they have it, and them buy more the next time its on sale. Without the SC sales many never overcome the initial $ cost of buying items. On the other hand having 50k SC sitting on account removes the perception of a $ cost because you already spent the $ on SC weeks ago and there is no getting those $ back so you may as well spend the SC if item is of interest. Then you restock SC at next double/triple sale because well its on sale.

SoE literally lost $300-$400 from me by not having double/triple SC sells over the past 18 months. I went from spending $200+ a year on SC to spending maybe $30 total over the past 18 months. The upside is it let my finish collecting every champion in LoL over that same time period with the money I was no longer spending on SC. Well it worked for me and Riot but in not sure how it helped SoE.
The rumblings I have heard is the problem with the double and tripple SC point things came in with the player market place stuff where people sell designs. I myself do hope they go back to doing double/tripple SC points more frequently though as why do fun bucks if you are not using the indirect tie to real money to your own benefit for sales drives.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
They had double and triple sales during the holidays, online only though.
meet hekotat.

" Waah I hate the game goin to get me some Gringos with Pancho Villa sauce......"

Moments later...

Hekotat is online

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
I'm a Glutton for punishment I guess.

So much bro love in here.
i see yoru name logging on alot as well. I been playing alot lately. Im actually killing more then i die which makes the game more fun! No more sniping infiltrator for me! I still use infiltrator, but fuck the sniper weapons. lol

RobXIII

<Gold Donor>
My playstyle is way too frantic for friends lists and I don't even notice most tells, sorry Hekotat! QQ

I love/hate playing against stupid kids. An NC actually just barely beat me (my engie caught out in the field vs stealth lightning) and I sent a compliment via tell, only to have the child reply back #getRekt

OK! So for my free lesson in manners I pulled a solo Vulcan harasser with stealth, and proceeded to run the kid dry of his nanites (hint: Vulcan's one clip things from the rear). He wasn't so smug after losing a couple of lightnings in 2 minutes :*(

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
The majority of the playerbase in general is infuriating.

I have been seeing a ton of new players lately which is good but I feel like a dick when I keep killing them over and over, I try to send them messages encouraging them but they probably go unseen.

Aurauxiumed my first 3 weapons in the last 2 weeks, then I got excited about maybe getting an aurax weapon only to realize the Orion was so good that I can't use the other lmg's now.

RobXIII

<Gold Donor>
The majority of the playerbase in general is infuriating.

I have been seeing a ton of new players lately which is good but I feel like a dick when I keep killing them over and over, I try to send them messages encouraging them but they probably go unseen.

Aurauxiumed my first 3 weapons in the last 2 weeks, then I got excited about maybe getting an aurax weapon only to realize the Orion was so good that I can't use the other lmg's now.
Hey keep going, you'll eventually get an Orion with infinite ammo.

I finally unlocked the engineer/LA gun (Trac-Shot), and it's basically a Trac-5s but you're stuck with an underbarrel shotgun with 1 round, so don't miss!