Planetside 2

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
Videoof new construction kits, including VP generator and its giant implosion radius.

*VP Generator shield was shut off before blowing it up. It'll take more than just 2x C4 bricks to take out.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
That's pretty cool.

Some gripes with the snowmen/pumpkin finding shit; Why wouldn't they do something actually fun, instead of making me fly around for days on end trying to get rare spawns to finish an objective why don't they do something like the following.

Option 1.

1. Drop a giant snowman/pumpkin on the map.
2. Notify EVERYONE on the map.
3. first 20-50 people per faction on the map that touch the pumpkin are ported to an arena.
4. Start a FFA death match, last man standing get's some kickass reward.

Option 2.

1. Drop a giant snowman/pumpkin on the map.
2. Notify EVERYONE in the hex/zone.
3. Have a king of the hill style defense on said item.
4. Team that holds it the longest get's the points/certs/event trackers.
5. Have several of these going at one time so it isn't some insane zerg for one of them.
6. If one team has more than double of any other faction then they lose shields and ability to regen shields. If 3x show up instant death to a random number of players to level the playing field.

They have so many possibilities with this game, instead they are going to let it slowly fade into the night when it could be dominating the FPS genre.

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
That's pretty cool.

Some gripes with the snowmen/pumpkin finding shit
I've played for 3 years and this winter one is my first seasonal event. Took about an hour of esamir loops in a valkyrie to find 20, and luckily also scored a golden snowman.

They're really focused now on the construction stuff and wherever that leads. For more long term, it looks like they are planningfaction sanctuaries, which mean inter-continental lattices, and probably vehicle travel between warpgates.

Hekotat

I flew around for days trying to find pumpkins for the Halloween event. Still didn't get it auraxiumed, and I haven't seen a single snowman in 2 years lol.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
This plays gooooooooooooooooood on my new machine. I'm fairly convinced now there's a per frame damage with full auto guns, so you do less D if your fps are low.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This plays gooooooooooooooooood on my new machine. I'm fairly convinced now there's a per frame damage with full auto guns, so you do less D if your fps are low.
haha well hate to say it but your machine matters tons in this game. Intel is just superior.

Hekotat

I may need to hop on and roll a VS with you on Emerald, everyone I knew quit.

I'm hoping that Wrel joining DBG will turn it around but I'm still skeptical.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Game is good, but the problem is there is no new contents for a long long time, that's bad for all the veterans.

Hekotat

It has several issues that need to be addressed still, Wrel had some good ideas let's see if they can implement them.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Good, I miss OSing AMS a lot
wink.png

Hekotat

If this isn't an April Fool's joke these changes are fucking awesome. Specifically the Max change.

The Planetside 2 Servers will be coming down at 6am (Pacific) for a game update Monday morning. The expected downtime is approximately 2 hours.
CONSTRUCTION SYSTEM: FINALLY RELEASED!
Capture changes:

Main Facility Lattice change: At all main facilities (except Amerish Tech plants) you will now be able to move from 1 outpost to another, but you will not be able to go past the outposts until you have the main facility. For example. If the NW Warpgate on Esamir is pushing Andvari. They can go from Andvari Barracks (North), to Andvari Frozen (East) and then to Andvari South. At any time they can push into the Biolab. They will not be able to move to Pale Canyon or Jaeger's Fist however, until they capture the Biolab. This should help main facilities, especially Biolabs with being easier to take. It also will reward the attacking faction by giving them another teleporter into the Biolab with each outpost. And it will make the defending faction have to actually leave the main facility to defend the outposts so prevent them from getting cut off. We think this will create a little bit more of a meta for organized outfits, while also making fights more enjoyable.

Individual Continent Capture/Alert Rewards: Every time you are logged on for at least 45 minutes before you capture a continent/win an alert. You will receive a token (1 for Cont capture, 3 for Alert Victory and 1 for losing the alert). These tokens can be spent on Faction Specific cosmetic gear. The items will have the Emblem's of each respective faction on them. There will be a Helm, Camo, Armor and titles that you can buy with the tokens. Please check the in game price for each of them. As of right now the plan is to have "Seasons". Each season will last between 3-5 months, giving you time to unlock everything. The plan is to have new gear available each season.

Continent Capture and XP changes: You can now only capture 1 continent at a time (even if multiple are unlocked). Once 1 is locked, you will receive VP for what you have already captured on the new "main" continent. This will insure a good rotation and prevent ghost capping continents while still making what you do on the "off" continent valuable once it gets in rotation. Alert XP: 1st: 7500 2nd: 5000 3rd: 2500. Must be on for at least 45 minutes. Being on the "Main" continent (one that is capturable) will grant you a 10% XP boost at all times
Defender XP bonus has been removed to counter this.

VP Change: Capturing 2 of 3 of the same type of main facility will now grant you 1 VP

Bases Changes:

Subterranean Nanite Analysis has been removed from the game.

Bases with 3 capture points (non AMP stations) have had their capture timer with 2 out of 3 points reduced from 20 minutes to 10 minutes.

Defender Spawn times have increased by 2 seconds (this should help with lag in big battles, while also incentivizing medic play)

L-Shaped Sunderer garages have been added to every base in the game. * The L shape should help prevent tanks/air camping fresh spawns inside of the garage.

CLASSES:

Engineer: Will now be able to have the "Archer" replace it's turret in the utility slot.

Medic: The AOE heal will have less downtime.

Infiltrator: Bolt action sniper rifles: Have gotten their headshot multiplier buffed (do not know the exact amount off hand) and will be able to 1 shot kill Resist Shield

Heavy Assaults within 40 meters.

Stalker Cloak: Will have an ammo belt built into each rank of Stalker Cloak.

Stalker: Will now be able to equip a crossbow in their main weapon slot as well as carry a pistol as their secondary.

Max: Damage: Have had their damage decreased across the board by around 50%. And fall off damage will start at 10m, with considerably drop off by 20m.

Health: To counter to damage dropoff, the health of maxes has been buffed by double. The idea is to have maxes help the push, not be the push.

New Faction Specific Max abilities: All abilities will start with a 50 second cooldown and decrease by 3 seconds per rank. (5 ranks)

TR=War Machine: The TR Max will glow red and gain 25-30% attack speed for 6 seconds. During this time the Max will move at 50% it's normal speed while firing.
NC=Stone Wall: The NC Max will turn Gray and gain a 50% Shield Wall for 6 seconds. During this time the Max will fire 50% slower.
VS=Phaseshift: The VS Max will become translucent and gets a 25% chance to avoid/dodge whatever damages it for 6 seconds(Forgot to add in). After the Phaseshift is complete, the next reload the Max does will be twice as long.

VEHICLES:
Players in the back of a harasser and in the support seats of the valkyrie will receive shared XP when the gunner or driver receives XP. And vice versa when the player in the "support" seat gets a kill, the driver and gunner will receive shared XP. #SupportRolesMatter
Valkyrie: Gains a rear gun, this will be purchasable and not come stock. The "Hyena-V". Similar but slightly weaker than the liberator variant per shot. The "V" variant has 6 shots per magazine.
Harasser: 10% Health buff (to avoid the MBT AP/Halberd instagib)
#INCUBEWETRUST

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Those MAX changes alone would make me spend some cash to play again, very dumb that patch notes that make sense are a joke.