Planetside 2

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I actually have fun with random zerg guilds, TR side on Watterson/Jaeger. I'm on as Trebb.

But as soon as I can, I'm transferring my ass to a west coast server. Check out the ping difference just now :*(

rrr_img_26440.jpg
Most of the RR guys stopped playing or moved to other servers and I moved to my VS on Connery for MLG. I will occasionally login my TR still though. Waterson blows, RIP Jaeger.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
It's been a while. Maybe it's time for an update! Here's what has changed over the last couple of months. This is NOT in chronological order, just off the top of my head:

- The air/ground dynamics have been changed. MAX's now have a wider cone of fire on their flak, reducing their effectiveness at long range. They will still scare off ESFs and make a small umbrella of safety around them. The Skyguard variant of the Lightning is now the go-to AA platform for all empires. It is death on wheels for ESF's, and very dangerous to Liberators. Except for TR; who have Strikers everywhere (If you're NC or VS it's pretty much mandatory you take flares when fighting the TR).

- ESF's have been rebalanced. All ESF's can now kill another ESF with a single clip if all their shots hit (Previously the NC's Vortek Rotary was the only gun that could 1 clip another ESF; both the VS Hailstorm and TR M18 Rotary required cert upgrades to the magazine size in order to achieve this).

- Esamir has been redesigned. It now has a lattice and newer, more infantry friendly terrain. (Buildings and walls around more structures to make it less accessible to tanks. It is a Light Assault's wet dream).

- Vehicle resource costs have gone up. MBT's are (I believe) 400 now. Lightnings are 300, and Flashes are 100(this is still ridiculous and too expensive).

- Vehicle proximity radar has been nerfed. The vehicle must now be occupied in order for it to work. No more dumping a radar flash nearby to see enemy movement.

- Populations have been (relatively) balanced out by changing the recommended servers for new players. After you pick your empire you are recommended a server based on which empire you chose. This helped boost TR's population on Mattherson, and VS's population on Waterson. Still a work in progress but it seems to be more even so far.

Near future:

- Hossin will be up on PTS very soon, probably within the next 2 weeks.

- Amerish lattice and redesign held off to finish Hossin and get new content out.

- Lock-ons in a future patch will require the target to remain in the reticle.

- Implants were previewed and then sent back to the drawing board after player backlash that it was Pay2win (and it was). More importantly is that SOE listened to their community instead of going for the easy cash grab. (Shocking)

Summary: If you haven't played in a while, the game is heading in a good direction. The populations are slowly rising as player retention is more likely with the continued adding of content. The devs are very responsive and actually listen to their playerbase and take all sorts of ideas.

The 2 biggest negatives for this game are still optimization and cheaters. Frame rates can still suffer for even the best gaming rigs, and about once a night you'll find some low BR guy blatantly using an aimbot.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Some interesting changes, might have to give it a go if they don't throw out beta for EQ:N this weekend. Where is everyone playing now?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Some interesting changes, might have to give it a go if they don't throw out beta for EQ:N this weekend. Where is everyone playing now?
I moved to Connery VS awhile back as did alot of the guys but some still play TR on Waterson though I never see them online when I check everyday for my free certs. Some of the guys like Apoth I see on steamplaying but not on TR.

I'll be at SOE live tomorrow for the tournament if anyone else is going from RR.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I never was a flash grenade ninja, but the flash/radar changes coupled with the crippling of AA, and the inevitable march towards lattice on all continents has really killed my desire to play. I'm not saying that SOE made the wrong choice for all of those issues, I simply don't want to play *that* game.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I still play the hell out of this, I'm on as Trebb (TR on uh, watersomething server? Whatever Jaeger used to be). I'm almost BR60. Does anyone else love fighting dirty? I have no shame. I'll drop pod on top of an enemies radar tower during a huge fight, and kill 30-40 people with my rifle's grenade launcher before I'm seen. In bio-lab zergs, I'll do the same thing at the top of the tree.

I destroy tank zergs at max-render range with my engineer AV turret, etc. Cheesy but effective.

I like some of the changes, though I'll miss my radar flash =\. And those fuckers still flip over and blow up, at 100 resources it's just easier to pull an air asset, or join the 1,000,000 other harasser(buggies) out there.

I too was impressed that rather than make an easy cash grab they sent all the implants back to the drawing board. With the radar nerf I'm really hoping they don't release the implant that makes snipers invisible to radar, they're annoying enough as it is. I did pick up Nanoweave Armor 5 just as a big fuck you to them (no more one hit kills via headshot unless they're 20 feet from me)

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I never was a flash grenade ninja, but the flash/radar changes coupled with the crippling of AA, and the inevitable march towards lattice on all continents has really killed my desire to play. I'm not saying that SOE made the wrong choice for all of those issues, I simply don't want to play *that* game.
yeah I hear ya but give it a shot after the Hossin release. Personally I am more pumped up for the battle islands.

The AA was pretty OP especially if you played against TR but I do think the bursters need a little more power. I've migrated from being mostly a pilot a few months ago, got turned off by the AA and went to playing ground 99% of the time. Now air is decent again I just don't care and still prefer being a grunt. I think who you play with determines that fun factor as well.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I just reinstalled again recently and have been casually playing. God damn, actually seeing people online for VS on Waterson is refreshing. It was the reason I quit playing.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Been playing for the last two weeks. It's fun and frustrating at the same time. The only non-standard weapon I have is the first VS bolt sniper rifle - everything else I use is the standard issue gun. And it sucks. I can empty damn near an entire clip as a HI, ENG, or Medic, into someone, they'll turn around and have me dead in .5 sec with 2-3 bullets. Bleh. I also lag out like a mofo in the 48+/48+ fights to the point I really shouldn't even bother with 'em, yet Instant Action always sends you to those. Lately just been going ENG in those, dropping ammo and repairing MAXes for exp.

I'm actually preferring the lattice system myself, other than it makes too many large fights where I can't do much in.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
If you're lagging too much it's kinda pointless to join the zerg, shooters arent very forgiving in that regard. I havent played much lately because of summer but I never used instant action much after they made the drop point random, since an esf takes you wherever you want to be within a minute or two.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Been playing for the last two weeks. It's fun and frustrating at the same time. The only non-standard weapon I have is the first VS bolt sniper rifle - everything else I use is the standard issue gun. And it sucks. I can empty damn near an entire clip as a HI, ENG, or Medic, into someone, they'll turn around and have me dead in .5 sec with 2-3 bullets. Bleh. I also lag out like a mofo in the 48+/48+ fights to the point I really shouldn't even bother with 'em, yet Instant Action always sends you to those. Lately just been going ENG in those, dropping ammo and repairing MAXes for exp.

I'm actually preferring the lattice system myself, other than it makes too many large fights where I can't do much in.
I bought a decent gaming laptop for $900 since I am on the road a lot. I try to play PS2 using hotel internet, and the laptop only gets 10-20 fps during medium or larger fights. It doesn't work out so well.

The things I find work okay with low fps are Engi support with ammo packs, lock-ons as a heavy, the Lasher(don't need to aim too much, just support the zerg and hold down the button, you rack up a lot of kill assist XP), and outdoor activities with a lightning (Skyguard and HEAT). The FPS and latency is manageable in a vehicle since there's a little margin for error and it doesn't become unbearable until infantry has pushed inside a base.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Are servers usually so goddamn dead at night?

Or should I stop playing Vanu like everyone else? ._.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I just logged off after we got rolled in 3 huge battles, as VS. I *never* see a dearth of players on any side. Must be your server.