Planetside 2

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
This shit is getting a graphical update for it's 10 year anniversary. Probably make it look just like it did at launch haha.

• 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Aazrael

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I tried this one last week. Haven't played since Planetside 1 release. It was really hard to stay alive and spot enemies.

I guess playing solo is not the way to go.

Hekotat

I tried this one last week. Haven't played since Planetside 1 release. It was really hard to stay alive and spot enemies.

I guess playing solo is not the way to go.

Keep in mind everything has to be upgraded. Armor, guns, vehicles etc. Certs are easy to get now especially during this event and the Christmas event.

You have to land all headshots if you want to win the fight. If you are going heads up and your first few markers aren't headshot markers disengage and reset the fight. You're fighting mostly 10 year vets.

Everything is client side and there isn't a ping limit which is retarded. I'm sure we are going up against really high ping players and they will win the majority of the time. I get shit on by these guys as well, and you can usually tell when you dump a full mag in them and they don't die.

If you need someone to roll with a few of us play a few times a week and this is my go to fps for mindless killing and variety. If you want to roll with we are on emerald vs and cst time frames. When we are on we usually goof off with vehicles.

• 2Like

Hekotat

10 year anniversary is live, game almost looks as good as it did on launch.

• 2Solidarity

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I like some of the bastion changes, and it seems to play smooth lag wise.

BUT, I need to do some digging. Using a 3080, and it says I'm getting 140+ FPS, but it still feels like a choppy 20ish FPS console game when I look left and right =\

Hekotat

I like some of the bastion changes, and it seems to play smooth lag wise.

BUT, I need to do some digging. Using a 3080, and it says I'm getting 140+ FPS, but it still feels like a choppy 20ish FPS console game when I look left and right =\
Weird, I don't have any issues with that. It does feel smoother but it could be my imagination.

Hekotat

They did a full cease fire for the anniversary on Emerald, got some cool pics out of it.

1668967495078.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

How long does the event directives last? I want that knife but not interested in grinding it now.

Not sure. The servers still need to be fixed, I can slaughter but sometimes you end up on the receiving end of extreme lag and it's difficult to play. Hit reg feels alot better right now and the fights actually last long enough for fun flanks and farms like it used to be. Hopefully they get it resolved soon because it is fun.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
My desire to play a game where you have jumpjets intensifies so I might reinstall this for the first time in like 6 years.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I miss the old Crown fights on Indar when all the cap points were on top of the hill.
I think everyone misses crown. The tank shitters could sit on a mountain just spamming the infantry shitters while the lib and mossy/reaver/scythe pilots rocket spammed.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I think everyone misses crown. The tank shitters could sit on a mountain just spamming the infantry shitters while the lib and mossy/reaver/scythe pilots rocket spammed.

I still sit up on the Crown ledge, those NSO max lockons have a stupid huge lock on range, and seem just as good against infantry as their infantry grenade loadout. Who needs balance in a shooter?

FWIW the NSO max itself is a good design, I love using the shield to help infantry push doors. Feels good.