Planetside 2

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I still think NC scat maxes are re-goddammediculous and make me log out during dome fights.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I still think NC scat maxes are re-goddammediculous and make me log out during dome fights.
In a limited context, you're right.

Regardless of who owns the lab, you know where you spawn, you know where they spawn. You know the fastest route from each place to either an objective or the front line. You know the dangerous corners (they're the same ones you camp when the situation's reversed!)

There's no reason a thinking player should run around a corner into the face of a scatmax more than a tiny percentage of the time. And if you're not right in his face, he's harmless, spending 10-15 seconds and 2 full sets of reloads trying to break your shields.

Play smarter, chock up the once in a while OSHIT as you both take non-traditional routes and do a little dance to chance, and carry on. If you're a loadout that can't deal with maxes and you stay around to get murdered more often than random chance, you deserve it.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
My connection is still super awful. I try to play every few days and end up freezing up and seeing tanks driving through the air after five minutes or so. I got some neat stuff for 99 funny money during the sales though.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
TR pounder maxs are max killers since the recent changes.

Everything killers actually. So much ownage

Hekotat

I never play maxes, I don't like the playstyle of them.

I just don't see how you can disengage from them in CQC, it's always instant death for me.

Hekotat

Hey all -

As 2014 starts I wanted to give you all a quick note about some changes we're making to the way the game is updated. Over the last few weeks we have been reorganizing our internal build and development processes in order to allow us to expedite builds to live with the goal of updating the live game more often and more regularly. I'm really excited to announce that starting next Wednesday we will begin doing weekly game updates!

What does this mean for you?

Well for starters, it means we'll be more rapidly respond to bugs & balance issues in the game without having to rely on hotfixes as much. We'll also be able to release new content more frequently and consistently. Each individual update will be smaller and more focused, with fewer moving parts that can break, which we hope will greatly decrease the number of bugs being introduced when we update. This doesn't mean that we're not still working on bigger features and larger content pieces, we definitely are and they'll be slotted into the weekly schedule as they're ready to be released. As part of this change we are also going to be updating and playtesting on Test server a lot more often in the future, as always, your playtesting assistance and feedback on the test server will be greatly appreciated.

One final note, the first couple of these weekly updates are going to be a bit smaller than what you can expect to see later on, as we're still shaking off the holiday cobwebs and getting used to the new development processes.

We've got a really terrific slate of new features and content lined up for 2014 that we can't wait to get out to you guys, it's going to be an amazing year for Planetside 2.

Thanks for reading, see you on Auraxis!

-
Matthew Higby - @mhigby
Creative Director - @planetside2.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Not even close. SWTOR exists and TESO is about to be a $300 million disaster.
Pretty much. While there may be some disappointment with PS2 I don't think it could ever be accurately labeled a flop. I suspect it's an extraordinarily low budget game for its size as far as MMO's go: Since there are no NPCs you can cut a lot of art, voices, quests, AI/Pathing, dungeon and raid encounters out of the budget. I'm sure the 64 square km continents can soak up a good portion of that though. Unlike true flops PS2 has bled players very slowly; I suspect this means most people don't perceive it as "total trainwreck and I'm never coming back" and more like, "It just wasn't there, but maybe someday it'll be worth checking out again."

2014 will be an interesting year for PS2; I'm really 50/50 between a continued slow decline or improvements that bring more numbers to the game.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
P

2014 will be an interesting year for PS2; I'm really 50/50 between a continued slow decline or improvements that bring more numbers to the game.
With Urlith here

good game jack shit to do

ironically the PS4 will save it or actually be better then its PC counterpart.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
For the information of the 3 of us still playing, it's double exp all weekend.

Daedricdigger_sl

shitlord
Has anyone tried out the new ESF missiles yet? So far I am not impressed. I still use the dumbfire rocketpods for my Mosquito. Crappy/impatient players were complaining about ESF balance and SOE added these new missiles, but I don't think they help the problem much.

The only way to get good at flying an ESF is to get the certifications and practice. After 2 months I feel like I can dominate most players with the Mosquito using: Needler/RocketPods/NaniteRepair/Firesupression/HoverStability. Flying is so fun and I am completely addicted to PS2. I am not the best dogfighter but I can win most air engagements and still focus on blowing up stuff on the ground.