Planetside 2

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Yeah I'm reading now... guess you need to rtfm with this game.
The game isn't that hard... I never played PS1 and figured out what was going on after a few days of playing, just pay attention to your mini map and to what people are doing during major base assaults or defenses and you should be able to figure it out on your own.

Xeldar

Silver Squire
After playing more, I think my biggest gripe with PS2 is death/killing someone is meaningless with a Sundy or respawn point nearby (why the zerg is an unstoppable brute force). Hopefully, they release a mechanic/server where if I die it takes X time to respawn at that grid. Y time to spawn at an adjacent grid, and respawning at warp gate is always free.

Darshu_sl

shitlord
After playing more, I think my biggest gripe with PS2 is death/killing someone is meaningless with a Sundy or respawn point nearby (why the zerg is an unstoppable brute force). Hopefully, they release a mechanic/server where if I die it takes X time to respawn at that grid. Y time to spawn at an adjacent grid, and respawning at warp gate is always free.
I'm seeing this after just a little bit of time in game. This small thing is a major difference between Dust 514 and Planetside. You have to be more careful about rushing in Dust because each side has a limit to the number of clones they can spawn in a match.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It wont change. Ps1 was the same way(if you had a tower or AMS spawn). There was one slight difference in that in ps1 repsawn timer was a bit longer(iirc it was 10 seconds and grew from there with consistency of deaths)

The main point is ,if players want the attackers gone, they need to destroy the AMS sundy or capture objective that is giving the enemy a spawn point. Same way for removing defenders, kill the SCU and any AMS sundies around and also make sure they do not have any spawn points.Always a good thing to do if attacking a big base is to take as much of the surrounding territory as you can. I'd rather have more strategic options for re-spawning/denying re-spawn, then merely a longer coded timer, aka if you don't want the enemy around then remove their options, instead of relying on the game to do it for you.

Imagine what it was like in beta, when there was no 200m rule for AMS sundies. You could literally surround a base with spawn points.

If they bring back OS like they say, it should help players "break out" since you will be able to take out a AMS sundy remotely, while still requiring players to push a spawn objective if they want the enemy to leave.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
AMS not being invisible is good enough. If there's a stream of attackers you want to stop, cut off their spawn options instead of brainlessly unloading your guns as they charge the walls in a neverending tide Then again, that tide is really nice xp. Some of the better fights I had were smaller engagements outside of bases trying to kill their AMS (funny: half the zerg doesnt even enter that engagement and runs to the main base, oblivious to the fight on the hill next to their spawn point).

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Had a nice battle with TR today at zurvan they pushed heavy armor we responded with air and max crash woot

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
What happened to ARGO? Logged on today and wasn't in an outfit.
Huh. I just logged off and was playing with the outfit on TS3 for a few hours. We actually picked up a couple more people in the last 24 hours too. I'm guessing some bug with the game made you get removed from the outfit? I know a couple people left the outfit on accident before while trying to leave a squad.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I'll be off and on all night tonight if you need back in the outfit just shoot me a PM on here or attempt to message me in game.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
What happened to ARGO? Logged on today and wasn't in an outfit.
Damnit malt I kicked u on accident when I was removing some guy named McBigNig and clicked your name. I will get u reinvited sorry dude.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm more than happy if people have solutions to the following and thus I eat crow.

But god damn, the UI is starting to piss me off. No Name auto-completion for tells (add a very lenient name filter for added rage), no clicking on a name to send a tell (or anything else), no shortcuts for tells to squadmates. No short version of /squadsay. Fuck the "request friend status" item for even being on the longpress mouseover radial menu.

I realize they wanted the UI to NOT get into the way of the combat. But if you're typing, you're already an easy kill. May as well have a UI expert enhance the quality of life for those who are doing it.

Seems just silly to not have some sort of either "tab-through" auto-complete (/tell sq <tab> Squidbilly <tab> SqiringAtYou <tab> SqSQsQsQSQSQSQSQSQS) or a numbered menu organized somewhere along the lines of a friends > in squad > in platoon > near you (/tell sq <tab> 3 completes to /tell sqwhatthefuckever who was in position 3 of the menu)

etc. And yes, there's voice coms, and they serve a purpose. But god damn am I tired of fuckers who have it boosted to 11 who are sitting in a wind tunnel with thier 15 dogs and newborn triplets, sucking on the mike because it's got sauce on it from whatever-the-fuck they're eating. And then they go back to screaming for DPS. In Hungarian.

ps. Fuck engineers not having the same spider-sense for busted stationary items as they do for maxes/vehicles and everyone has for generators.

Ryanz

<Banned>
Ugh I've been working so fucking much I didn't even realize this was released. Just downloaded and bout to noob it up. We have a guild/clan/outfit/whatever?

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I just started as well, I'm a noobie on Jaeger I think it is. Still learning, but having fun
wink.png
Let me know what server/faction everyone is on

Xalara

Golden Squire
I am both happy and frustrated that people have realized Shredder Liberators make great AA platforms. Taking out those libs as a Scythe pilot is always "fun".

That driver should almost be an announcement post on the forums considering it fixes the gaping security hole in previous driver releases.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Going 55 - 0 with my new Gal ram experiment tonight.(yes the youtube video lol) The Lib reign will soon end!

p.s. Argo has a new TS and we will be forming up with a friendly outfit so we can run ops with more then 1 squad. TS info is the outfit chat.

Errorplane

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Going 55 - 0 with my new Gal ram experiment tonight.(yes the youtube video lol) The Lib reign will soon end!
When our airwing isn't up or is grounded and the enemy air is to thick for our ground troops to move we use this method. All of our ground pulls back to warpgate, each spawns a Gal, and we fly out to ram every enemy air unit in our AO. It's effective and funny as shit when you have Libs and ESFs taking off with 5 Gals chasing them.