Planning a trip to the 2018 World Cup

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Hookers and drugs would be the clincher for me.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
hopefully not but I'm having a hard time selling my friends on it. they're all starting to settle down and the logistics of going to Russia for 2+ weeks and talking shit to pussies from France and Sweden doesn't seem to appeal to them. also none of them are really into soccer. i was talking to this kid i used to work with earlier trying to convince him as soon as I mentioned drugs and hookers he got all weird about it, so he's out. fucking accountants.

LOL yeah, 2 weeks is a long time.

some helpful tips:

i have a hard rule that i follow by when i deal with anything russian: i dont trust them. not the women, not the men. no one.

1. id say stick with the Europeans when you hang out there, they are more likely to take care of each other, even if you talk shit to each other, and the language barrier will likely be less
2. dont flash money, period. when you leave your hotel, only take what you need, never bring extra. pretend to be a poor american. the only ones who will care about your bling are the ones who will want to try to rob you
3. be extra wary of the women
4. bring a phrase book with you, an actual hard copy one. using your phone for everything will only make you look like a newb and increase the likelihood of it getting jacked. you dont have to know how to pronounce the language, just find someone and point at the phrase in the book if you're lost, or whatever
5. dont flash money
6. aaaaaand i'd probably avoid discussing American politics with anyone there. say you stay out of it, you're just here for soccer and sightseeing, russia is a beautiful country blah blah blah
7. dont flash money

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
All of that info also applies when visiting Miami.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
^ LOL.

I should actually reinforce the women part.

I once went to a nice upscale bar, ordered a drink, left a tip (normal by american standards but its been so long since ive been back that i forgot that tipping isnt customary). Dead giveaway that I'm a tourist.

I sit down at empty table, reach for my phone to see if there's an open wifi I can latch on to since I didnt get a local sim card with a data package. before i even finish putting my phone unlock code, a beautiful girl sits next to me. Asks me if the seat is taken, blah blah blah. I'm there by myself, so i'm like yeah for sure, lets hang out. She asks if i'd like her friends to join and i'm like "OH YEAH BRING IT ON!!!"

I buy a round of drinks for the 4 of us its like 6 USD, all 3 of these girls are 8-9s. just beautiful. after a round, theyre like "want us to show you around, we know this really cool bar down the street." i'm like sure why not.

long story short, clubs and bars pay beautiful women there to be honeypots and target tourists. they will take you to a bar, where you'll be given a menu but the menu normally doesnt have pricing. You dont want to look like a ((Tourist:emoji_nose:)) so you'll order what you think will be reasonable price-wise and usually they will order too on your tab because you dont want to seem like a :emoji_nose:Tourist)

yeah, my second round was $50 USD for 4 people. I, of course, did not find out this until I was 3 rounds deep so i was scammed for $150 for essentially 12 shots in a country where $150 can probably rent you an apartment for a month.

SO BE CAREFUL OF HONEY POTS.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
All of that info also applies when visiting Miami.
^ LOL.

I should actually reinforce the women part.

I once went to a nice upscale bar, ordered a drink, left a tip (normal by american standards but its been so long since ive been back that i forgot that tipping isnt customary). Dead giveaway that I'm a tourist.

I sit down at empty table, reach for my phone to see if there's an open wifi I can latch on to since I didnt get a local sim card with a data package. before i even finish putting my phone unlock code, a beautiful girl sits next to me. Asks me if the seat is taken, blah blah blah. I'm there by myself, so i'm like yeah for sure, lets hang out. She asks if i'd like her friends to join and i'm like "OH YEAH BRING IT ON!!!"

I buy a round of drinks for the 4 of us its like 6 USD, all 3 of these girls are 8-9s. just beautiful. after a round, theyre like "want us to show you around, we know this really cool bar down the street." i'm like sure why not.

long story short, clubs and bars pay beautiful women there to be honeypots and target tourists. they will take you to a bar, where you'll be given a menu but the menu normally doesnt have pricing. You dont want to look like a Tourist so you'll order what you think will be reasonable price-wise and usually they will order too on your tab because you dont want to seem like a :emoji_nose:Tourist

yeah, my second round was $50 USD for 4 people. I, of course, did not find out this until I was 3 rounds deep so i was scammed for $150 for essentially 12 shots in a country where $150 can probably rent you an apartment for a month.

SO BE CAREFUL OF HONEY POTS.

there was a former weatherman from Philly who went down to Miami I think for a week and ended up meeting some foreign chicks. they feigned interest in him then drugged him and got him to buy like $20k of counterfeit art. the next day he had no recollection of most of the night so he called up one of the girls and asked her about it. they agreed to get together to talk about the night and they end up drugging him again and scamming him out of even more money, rofl.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
i see a_skeleton_03 embedded some code to strip the triple parentheses

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm putting together a plan to get to the 2018 World Cup in Russia. I figure I need to start figuring out the logistics now since it's such a huge event. I'm thinking about getting either an SPG Preferred card or a Marriot Rewards card and starting to rack up points to use for the trip. Both of them claim no black out dates, so would I be safe to assume I'd be able to use them to book a hotel in Moscow during the World Cup?

Lock your phone down if you want to run for President some day.

Marriott rewards are great. We have a Platinum elite and can get into a fully booked hotel with 24 hours notice.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Lock your phone down if you want to run for President some day.

Marriott rewards are great. We have a Platinum elite and can get into a fully booked hotel with 24 hours notice.
do normal rules and rates apply though during the world cup? i.e. would a hotel that is normally 10k points a night still go for that rate during the cup? that is my concern

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
do normal rules and rates apply though during the world cup? i.e. would a hotel that is normally 10k points a night still go for that rate during the cup? that is my concern

Usually the points are done by star rating. When we did a New Year's trip, the points weren't any different. The World Cup may be a whole different ballgame.

Here's the Marriott rewards tiers and benefits: Marriott Rewards | Member Benefits At A Glance

As for a special event like that, I would email a rep and see.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>

I would bet that it doesn't. Im sure they have fine print in the contract for it. or simply it only applies to "Participating hotels / countries"

• 1Like

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Rewards Terms and Conditions

Partner Hotels
spacer.gif

Blackout dates and other availability restrictions imposed by the hotel partner may apply. For the most up-to-date blackout date information, please contact the hotel partner directly.

search that page for blackout

• 1Like