Plants vs Zombies : Garden Warfare

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Thanks to EA not having a demo for this and having approximately zero advertising for it I am having a bitch of a time getting friends to play it. Nearly all are jonesing for Titanfall and refusing to even consider something called "Plants vs Zombies". I was talking to one about how I felt it was actually a better game than Titanfall (based at least on my beta experience in Titanfall) and he couldn't grasp the concept that Garden Warfare was a multiplayer game.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
Thanks to EA not having a demo for this and having approximately zero advertising for it I am having a bitch of a time getting friends to play it. Nearly all are jonesing for Titanfall and refusing to even consider something called "Plants vs Zombies". I was talking to one about how I felt it was actually a better game than Titanfall (based at least on my beta experience in Titanfall) and he couldn't grasp the concept that Garden Warfare was a multiplayer game.
It's like convincing people that Arrow is a good show. "Hey man, I know it's on the CW, I know this, but give it a chance."

The game is a goddamned miracle.

Also, the silly lounge music that plays in the lobby is fuckin great.

Sulrn

Deuces
TF2 + BF4 + PvZ = Garden Warfare?

It looks fun for plinking around, but it doesn't give me the vibe of a finished game. What's there seems simple and polished though.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
TF2 + BF4 + PvZ = Garden Warfare?

It looks fun for plinking around,but it doesn't give me the vibe of a finished game. What's there seems simple and polished though.
5ce668328bacc8d7c507c47ba08f8e55d6cde11de873e047f54a6e78a165daf2.jpg

Sulrn

Deuces
Still tired, but I assume you mean I was wrong.

Would you agree or disagree that the game would benefit from more plants/zombie types, pick ups/power ups, other cartoony but interesting mechanic a la super plants/zombie modes (think Battle Front 2), etc?

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
Still tired, but I assume you mean I was wrong.

Would you agree or disagree that the game would benefit from more plants/zombie types, pick ups/power ups, other cartoony but interesting mechanic a la super plants/zombie modes (think Battle Front 2), etc?
Dude, it's got all of that. It really is a full fledged MP buffet of awesomeness.

There's 4 classes, special versions of those classes, perks,hats, other cosmetic features, horde mode, etc.

But yes, the game would benefit from more gooder things, but, what game wouldn't?

The only thing it's missing is a full frontal assault by EA onto the minds of the game-playing public.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Today's free DLC adds in a Capture-the-flag sort of game in Gnome Mode whereby you have to grab an explosive garden gnome and plant it at the other team's gardens/graveyards and defend until it explodes. As with the other modes this gives some different classes moments to shine, especially the Chomper/All-Star.

They also added three new abilities for each class to choose instead of their baseline abilities. These include things like a Dark Flower that acts as a turret instead of a Healing Flower for the sunflower and faster moving but shorter duration burrow for the Chomper.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
Today's free DLC adds in a Capture-the-flag sort of game in Gnome Mode whereby you have to grab an explosive garden gnome and plant it at the other team's gardens/graveyards and defend until it explodes. As with the other modes this gives some different classes moments to shine, especially the Chomper/All-Star.

They also added three new abilities for each class to choose instead of their baseline abilities. These include things like a Dark Flower that acts as a turret instead of a Healing Flower for the sunflower and faster moving but shorter duration burrow for the Chomper.
Can't wait to check it.

Also, since when does EA give out free DLC and release a game bereft of microtransactions?

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
New Zomboss Down DLC is bad ace.

8 new "kits" (different versions of the base class), 200+ new cosmetic items, map, etc.

This fuckin game is nothing short of amazing. Popcap has managed to make a layered, nuanced MP shooter that is immune from lasting rage or frustration; I simply cannot stay mad when I get got by a fucking Chomper who 1-shot me, I just can't.

When this comes out for PC, it will be the de facto MP shooter as long as the servers are fast and the patches (if needed) are frequent. On the 'bone, aside from the 60sec lobby time between matches, it's flawless as fuck.

Y'all motherfuckers cray for not going nuts over this game.

en-INTL_L_Xbox360_Plants_vs_Zombies_Garden_Warfare_FKF-00863_RM8_mnco.jpg

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
I'm anxious for PC release. Although Metacritic has not been kind.
A site that reviews anything that has ads on it is suspect. But, methinks angry anti-EA haters have something to do with it; anyone who plays it for ~10 min will see how good it is.

The game is perfect.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Nod, it looks perfect for horde mode alone. Loved ME3 MP and it looks like a superb refinement to that formula.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
A site that reviews anything that has ads on it is suspect. But, methinks angry anti-EA haters have something to do with it; anyone who plays it for ~10 min will see how good it is.

The game is perfect.
Did you call metacritic suspect?? Not saying its the best considering its a compilation of reviews, but you sound clueless, unless I'm reading that wrong. This is hurting my outlook on Garden Warfare already.

I was watching some streams and I just can't see the appeal, maybe its one of those games you have to play and is terrible to watch. Plus my profound hate for EA/Origin leads me to believe the cake is a lie.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I went ahead and picked this up - the download is taking a while but looking forward to playing it.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Not enough - it only let me play as a few plants but no game modes - However JFC these installs on Sexbox are super long - i dont play my ps4 at all but its installs are much quicker it seems. Too bad i hate my ps4 UI and neither seems to stream shit from my server.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Ok so where do i find the DLC for this game? i searched around in XBL and couldnt find it anywhere.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
And one of the only reasons I've had any reason to consider the XBOne disappears... (Although I'll probably PC it over PS4 with it releasing on PC sooner and PC with FPSs and all...)