PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So I watched a bunch of this and tbh while I'm sure skill plays a part in individual combats, seems like luck throws the match far more often. Great luck on kit, crates, circles coming to you so you can remain entrenched, etc. seems to make the game. Maybe different modes/maps later will help.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
So I watched a bunch of this and tbh while I'm sure skill plays a part in individual combats, seems like luck throws the match far more often. Great luck on kit, crates, circles coming to you so you can remain entrenched, etc. seems to make the game. Maybe different modes/maps later will help.
Luck is probably a little too significant of a factor right now, but being extremely lucky won't carry you to a win. At best I'd say someone who's extremely lucky - but terrible at gunplay and has no situational awareness - can sneak into the top 10 or 15. Luck has almost nothing to do with performance once the play area gets restricted to a 100 meter diameter circle (and continually shrinks down to 10m[?]).

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
@muurleon and I saw our first legit hacker last night. Dude ran around the outside of an apartment to flank us both TWICE in less than 2 seconds. I'm not sure if he was lag-switching or just some kind of speed hack but he was impossible to hit.

His name was DrDev.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm

I'd agree on the circles. Crates often are a good way to get killed or camp someone. Kit, for the most part other than the first 2 minute scramble I would say is rarely an issue. I've won or been top 5 with an uzi and a shotgun. Or nothing scoped. The biggest disadvantage is not finding at least one 4x.

Here's why I like some of the luck stuff. It's aggravating if you are always dude #1. But it's nice because it's not always the same guys winning over and over. Even an average person has a decent chance at winning if they play things somewhat right/decent. (can't just leroy in the final circle standing.) And I like this even coming from at least when I was younger being the guy trouncing COD rounds top 1-3 with a 10:1 KD or being that impossible to kill vehicle whore in Battlefield.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
I think the total lack of matchmaking and "luck" is actually rather refreshing. Sure -- some games you get fucked, but other games you don't get fucked... and since you're playing with 99 random idiots you can actually feel yourself get measurably better. Rather than matchmaking where you're playing with people around your own skill level so you don't feel the improvement as much. Don't get me wrong -- I have nothing against matchmaking... but after a decade of strictly curated matchmade PVP sessions, its a breath of fresh air.

jeydax

Death and Taxes
Winrars:

fUIXNzx.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ryoz

<Donor>
Grats. First squad win is always satisfying. You'll get more. I find I get way more squad wins than solo wins.

Fadaar

That guy
Friend and I got two wins on Friday in duo. Was nice since we hadn't won together in any of our 50+ tries prior. In both games the circle wasn't super nice to us and we had to do a good bit of traveling but nothing stupid, pretty sure we got hold of vehicles fairly early. The key for team play is situational awareness and good communication. I know it sounds obvious but good callouts for locations of enemies is crucial, use the compass to your advantage. Also, and this applies more to duo/squad than solo IMO, don't shoot at someone unless you're very certain you can take them down or have them pinned hard enough that they can't escape. Nothing worse than taking potshots at a guy and next thing you know he and his buddy outflank you because they played smarter even though you originally had the advantage.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think difficulty from hardest to easiest is Duo's > Squads > Solo's. The reason for Duo's and Squads being so hard is that communication is SO important. Squads especially is rough because depending on your team you have to mother some fuckers and tell them everything and anything. Duo's are the hardest because basically it's you and one person. No one to pick up the slack. Only one person to revive you and one person to watch everything you can't. Squads is easier but still harder than solo's because you can just walk up into 4 people who are already in a camp spot and get mowed down. Especially teams in houses. That shit is awful. Solo's may seem the hardest, but that's where simple planning like circle management/having a car can boost your chance of winning by a huge margin. You can literally drive deep into the 3rd white circle, find a good spot, and sit there. If you have awareness and alright gear, you can pretty much always make top 10 if you're not too greedy.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm amazed at how off it was. I anticipate I'll actually start doing way better now.

I've been pretty shit at anticipating where the bullets would go.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
It looks something like the bullets were being affected by recoil before it should have happened, e.g. each bullet was recoiling itself... kind of. I wonder how much more deadly a lot of people will be with proper aiming now

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
It looks something like the bullets were being affected by recoil before it should have happened, e.g. each bullet was recoiling itself... kind of. I wonder how much more deadly a lot of people will be with proper aiming now
Yep, I've noticed a lot of my kar98 shots have been going high when I have had an ACOG attached to it and shooting at targets <100m.

However, the 8x scope seems to be accurate for now.

Last edited:

Xevy

Log Wizard
If you ever spectators your teammates you definitely could notice that. I think it was the weapon animation not being able to keep up 1:1 with the reticle movement.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Guess the new weapon they add with the patch this week is a new semi-auto sniper. The VSS. It uses 9mm ammo, has a (I believe) 19 clip, and best of all comes with a suppressor and 4x scope built in. I'm assuming it's air drop only. Hoping it's not as it seems to be more of a DMR type weapon than a true Sniper Rifle. I'd love to have something I can plink dudes with from a decent distance.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
This looks awesome. Anyone played it yet?

Edit: Oh, zombies were people. This isn't a mod. Damn...

Last edited: