PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is this game the deathknell for Daybreak? Seems like all the streamers have converted over.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I checked the steam stats. H1 is largely untouched so far in users. PUBG pulls about 80k at it's peak and H1 110k at it's peak and H1 has been around the same level the last two weeks with about 30-40% more players than PUBG and PUBG has leveled off from users.

Comparing 2 apps

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Had some better luck today, made it to #5 and #6 with several kills in each round. My heart was racing at the end, haven't had that with a game in a long time. I haven't played H1Z1 but this is really fun.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
This game is fucking amazing. I feel like they finally are moving in the right direction for survival games. No more running for hours on fucking end, no more having to eat and drink and it's stressful/intense trying to ensure you're inside the ever closing safe zone.

If you were on the fence and had given up all hope since DayZ I recommend you try this one out, especially with friends or some FoH brethren. It really is a fun time.

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
This and H1Z1 are similar but far from the same, so Daybreak will keep a lot of their player base. Some people aren't into the more tactical style game play of PU:BG, and want it to be run and gun all the time.

Watching the more popular streamers of this shows that there is still a good amount of work needed, but for how new the game is, I think they are doing a great job. Some tweaking to ballistics, and death circle activity are about all I would hope for at this point. Then they should work on optimization so some of the more building dense areas aren't so laggy.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
My group of friends here at home are playing this thing to death. We were pretty into H1Z1 too and now it's completely an afterthought. I may give it just a bit more time before I invest but they really seem to be having fun with this game. My peeps are trying to break away from anything Daybreak because of bitterness or whatever but H1Z1 has become a fairly clunky game I believe. Their interface from running the game to getting to the game makes zero sense to me. Also, I think they blew it separating the games to make a buck. I do wish H1Z1 could somehow make their survival game better. It needs a way to force people to rebuild or restart and get all these no-lifer and hackers on a semi-level playing field.

Good to hear this game s going well though. Kinda hyped for it.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Doc has some of the same feelings about this game I do. Incredibly slow, a lot of rare items are super overpowered, and being a pussy is the name of the game. Of all that I only think they need to tune the item drops (4x need to be as readily available as holo's/red dot's). My only other concern is the end of the game tends to be who has safety from the circle and if you don't, can you use cover to get there. It's just pure RNG at that point when it's a guessing game of which person crouching behind their tree is going to have to run across a field and get assfucked or get assfucked by the blue.

Definitely think this and H1 are like comparing CSGO and R6:Siege. Completely different games even though it's the same game type. I find this game much more enjoyable once you give up on trying to try-hard it and just play duo's or squads and see what happens.

Hekotat

had some good games last night with a friend I'm trying to bring on board, we got 3rd our first match and 7th our last.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
What's your steam tag. I plan to start playing this weekend. Think my steam name is sluhdig but I've had issues with people adding me before.

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
Hacking. Killed the shit outta h1z1. Similar problems?
Having old guy reflexes is bad enough but to have everyone and their brother constantly instantly shooting you got old insanely fast and ruined what started out as a bit of fun.

Hekotat

Steam: Hekotat

I think we are friends Sludig, I'll look.

I've seen no hacking yet, they seem on top of getting fixes and updates out the door and appear to be focused on performance before adding QoL items and streamlining the game. If they can stick with keeping faggot hackers off the servers and stay the course they have a winner on their hands.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah, still some issues with some shit:

(Turn down the volume due to my LOUD NASAL BREATHING and super pissed screaming at the end)

AK hit, AK hit, (maybe he uses a full med kit, sure, that's fine, shotgun blast to the body (about 95 damage even with a vest) shotgun blast to the HELMETLESS FACE (276 damage, instant death) and he manages to pistol me down. Feels great.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think I played like, 9 games duo yesterday. Never won, one game we got 48th team out of 50, every other game we got top 10 teams, usually top 10 players total. I lost a 1 v 1 v 1 at the end yesterday because every person I put 3 AK bullets into had a 3 vest. Unreal. The other deaths were us fucked by circle position or scopeless. I'd say about 1 out of 4 losses I actually lose to a person because my aim is worse than theirs. That's what is frustrating about this game. In H1 every battle was with the same gun and the same basics (outside of sniper crates or full laminated) in a battle. In this game who knows what the fuck they have. I killed a guy top 10 the other day that just had an ump and a shotgun. He had an 8x on him he couldn't even equip. I don't mind 1/2/3 helmets/vests, but they REALLY need to make 4x more common. That's the biggest thing beyond blue circles they need to tweak.