PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The top kills for solo ladder NA was a guy named Stream_Sniper and he had 29 kills. I'm 95% sure it was a hacker and I think they even removed him from the ladder.

Who knows, but 29 isn't some crazy impossibility. quite a few videos of 20+ and 25 or more. So 29 isn't that bad, just a lot of luck. Just watched guy do 25 and win, he plays super aggressive, will literally stand in the center of the final few circles and just around looking for fights or drive a car around looking for fights.

its been 2 weeks since that was put up, but it was pretty easy to find.

Of course there is hacks, always will be. Not sure why you are surprised.

Game needs bullet penetration so fucking bad. Solo queue has devolved in to literally everyone sitting in a shack waiting for the death zone to force them to move.

Yeah it can be a campy sometimes. Always funny to see the flurry of activity when a line is moving and people all come out of their buildings.

Also super satisfying when throwing a nade into a building/shack where a squad is camping and killing them all( more points if its a molitav). Or even more fun, is throwing a stun nade and wading in to destroy them as they are all blind.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
who said anyone was suprised? just saying that amount of shit that they are allowing client side would be a bit shocking if it holds on to be true. i been gaming long enough just like everyone else here to know that hacks will always be around.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm surprised the BR games don't have 3rd party radar programs. You won't be able to see where everyone is on the server, but you can see who is around you. It would be an insane advantage.

Xevy

Log Wizard
You're probably talking about Lyndon who's super aggressive. That's his style. What people don't realize is that 1/3 of his 'record kills' are the kids stream sniping him. Pretty much all of those people with 25+ kills are streamers with people literally running to them and poorly trying to fight them.

This game is mostly "is my house in the safe circle?!?!?" now. It's sad. H1 RARELY ever has the ending in cities/buildings. This game has too many buildings sporadically all over because that's the only place loot can spawn, so it's all about lucky building camping.

Overall 75% of the game is Player vs Blue Circle right now. Needs to be addressed.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Seems to be about equal for me between ending in an area with buildings for cover or ending in an area where you just have trees, bushes, rocks etc for cover.

As for the big kill games. Who knows, I am sure stream sniping happens, but to pretty much say that covers all the big kill games and only reason they get them?No. Love to see where you pulled that "1/3" number from, to try to explain it away.

It's more his playstyle. He drops in big populated area and immediately goes looking for fights, which then draws others. Luck + skill and get a decent amount of kills at the start, then its just good play from there on and he goes looking for action(he hears shots and will run/drive to it for kills) , not him sitting in a spot and people coming to him(outside when its small circle and hes in the middle of it in the wide open, which again is just the game play and play style not "kids watching his stream just running to him for free kills). At least from the two videos I watched today, the 21 and 25 kill win games. Neither were close to "oh I got 1/3 of my kills from kids just walking to me for free kills from my stream".

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'm not saying they're gifting him kills. They're honestly trying to kill him, and they suck. This happened in H1 all the time. Same with Summit. With voice on you could always hear them say "LYNDON I LOVE YOU" and stupid shit.

Edit: I've been watching Lyndon for years. I even have videos of me killing him, especially when he used dubious fucking mechanics like seat swapping in H1. I know he just goes completely hard in the paint, but have you ever seen his "off stream" screenshots of his high kills? They're like 20% less than his on stream ones because he doesn't have the blonde bang brigade helping pad his stats. I won't argue he's the best at seeking kills.

Last edited:

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Honestly, never heard of the guy till today watching some videos cause of slow work day, but man you sound envious of streamers.

Going from 25ish to 20ish doesn't sound like "blonde bang brigade padding stats".

Edit: A 4 comment reddit thread?.......

Last edited:

Xevy

Log Wizard
Jealous of Lyndon? I hope not. He's actually somewhat of a joke in parts of the H1 community.

So now that you admitted you don't know what you're talking about, maybe don't argue about it? And if you can't understand that reddit post in regards to our discussion... I don't know what to tell you, man.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The pattern I see that is most effective at winning is people that keep the edge of the circle to their backs and slowly work their way in.

I haven't seen anything like that shit storm of cheating that was in The Division. I sure as fuck expect it though since it's a damn Korean company.

Xevy

Log Wizard

Was watching MoonMoon and Witwix play duos and a guy in their game killed 30 people within 10 seconds. Apparently it freezes your character in place and then you die instantly. Not sure if it's the same as this video, but still pretty classic. I remember in BF4 a guy would just teleport behind everyone on the enemy team and pistol headshot them. Classic kids.

Won another squad game tonight. Almost purely because my team picked the house in dead center of the last circle and the other team not only had to breach the house, but had to run upstairs as well. Wish it was more fight based vs. blue circle raffle at the end game.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team

Was watching MoonMoon and Witwix play duos and a guy in their game killed 30 people within 10 seconds. Apparently it freezes your character in place and then you die instantly. Not sure if it's the same as this video, but still pretty classic. I remember in BF4 a guy would just teleport behind everyone on the enemy team and pistol headshot them. Classic kids.

Won another squad game tonight. Almost purely because my team picked the house in dead center of the last circle and the other team not only had to breach the house, but had to run upstairs as well. Wish it was more fight based vs. blue circle raffle at the end game.

I'm starting to agree with this sentiment, I don't know how to fix it though at the end.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dunno how you play like that. Most boring way to play and leaves you the most open to RNG circles. Going to center and just sitting in a building. I see so many do it too, even when the circles are pretty large still, just drive towards center and then they just sit in a building. Most of the time it doesn't work out and now they have to move out and now surrounded because they chose the middle so early.

Much better and a lot more fighting, imo, playing the outside and moving as needed as circles spawn.

Breaching building isn't so bad either if you or your team actually picks up grenades. Took my usual team a while to learn to pick them up. Nothing like wiping a 4 man team camping stairs after you threw a stun, waited a couple seconds then charged up or better getting them with frags/Molotovs.

As for circles. I'd say maybe slow them down a touch and the damage of the later ones down a bit(when its a small 100 yard circle with only 10-20~, would be for better fighting and less the circle doing insane damage per tick.

Also do something where your accuracy/vision/damage/something is reduced greatly if you are outside the circle. Prevents people just eating damage of early circles trying to wait for everyone to move out and then they shoot you in the back as they come in super late. Or even towards the end some people will eat circle damage instead of moving to try and get last kill and win before the circle kills them, since the other person is trying to make a move to be safe.

Last edited:

Xevy

Log Wizard
We did that. We do that. We ride the circle in most of the time, in fact. But it takes 1 bad firefight at the wrong time to wipe your entire team. Unfortunately pitching itself as a 'tactical' game, the best 'tactics' is to get as safe as possible and never fight until you have to. Boring as fuck, but that's what people desperate for a win will do.

I think they can keep the blue's damage if they slow down it's later circle fill speed. Make it so anyone can outrun it. Having it catch up to you and go so far ahead of you even while running weaponless full boost is stupid. I'd also love them to make ADS unusable in blue. Hold m2 firing only or hipfire firing. I know we've all died to some fucking circle fisher who's sitting in the blue because they're A: a super dick or B: super dumb and they kill you from behind right as they die for being such a shit.

Grenades are borderline goof'd right now too. Desync is incorrectly reporting their trajectory so more often than not you can't thread a needle as much as you can grenade your own self by banking it backwards.

Once they make walls penetrable I think the cuckshack shit will settle itself. My main gripe right now is still their circle mechanics. I'm something like 43% top 10 in 20 games solo and literally 1/2 or more of those deaths were to the circle because I killed some one who wounded me and I couldn't heal AND move fast enough. Is no bueno.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The game definitely rewards camping, I have many games where I run around collecting loot for 15 minutes and then get instagibbed by someone I never saw. Being a careful little camper got me to 2nd place yesterday, didn't fire a shot until a shootout with the last guy.

Melee weapons don't seem to work right, dropped into the shipyard with another guy yesterday, found a machete and then just chased this guy around while he picked up a gun and reloaded. Never hit him once.

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
Melee weapons don't seem to work right, dropped into the shipyard with another guy yesterday, found a machete and then just chased this guy around while he picked up a gun and reloaded. Never hit him once.

You probably hit him. I don't think there is any indication when melee lands. I've killed people punching without realizing it.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Also melee doesn't work until you're physically as close as you can get to the person. Body collision close. Even then sometimes it doesn't work because of their desync issues. And anything going on with 80+ players on the map is a total crapshoot because the server can't handle it and that's when lag is the worst.

Edit: If you're going melee, frying pan is literally the best. It has an AE built in. Don't EVER swing it in a car while in a squad, it'll fucking nearly kill everyone without a helmet.

Last edited:

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah melee can be weird. It's almost like 50/50 if I hit or not, but if you do, with say a pan/crowbar/sickle, it 1 shots :p Going into first person seems to help with melee weapons.

And never try to melee a downed person, its all kinds of wonky.

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
Editing those videos every week must be a huge fucking task. They're doing God's work

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user