PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Steam Community :: Group Announcements :: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS

Players,

Today on the dev blog we look at what we have updated in this week’s upcoming patch. Before we get to that I want to again talk about server performance!

We are now in the process of profiling our servers to find the choke points and track down what we need to improve in order to optimize them over the coming month. This takes time, but we will push updates to the servers once we have fixes for issues we find.

We will do our first leaderboard and stats wipe tomorrow (Wednesday May 31st) at 5PM KST/1AM PDT/8AM UTC. This will reset all player ranking and stats data. Your previous stats are saved and will be viewable in-game.

The leaderboard tracking will remain offline for 24 hours and will return on June 1st at 4PM KST/12AM PDT/7AM UTC. All data for matches played during this time will NOT be saved.

Now onto what we have changed and fixed in our weekly update. Please remember that our weekly updates are for pushing bug fixes and small performance updates, and should not be compared to our monthly patches.

We will first roll this patch out to the test server tomorrow, Wednesday. No ETA for when this will happen yet, so stay tuned to our Twitter for updates!

This patch will be deployed to the main servers on Thursday, June 1st, 5PM KST/1AM PDT/8AM UTC and is expected to take approx. 1 hour to complete.

Client Performance
  • Improved performance by reducing effects played excessively during vehicle crashes
Server Performance
  • Improved performance on the server in relation to vehicles
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed a crash related to unequipping an item
  • Fixed a crash related to when vehicles crashed
  • Fixed a bug that caused a player to die without entering the REVIVE state when being shot by a shotgun or a full-auto weapon in DUO or SQUAD modes
  • Fixed a bug that caused other players' voice chat to be heard at high volume on the airplane
  • Fixed a bug that caused breath gauge to be shown incorrectly in certain situations
  • Partially fixed a bug that caused a player to “die from falling” after getting stuck in buildings or vehicles
  • Fixed a bug that caused sound to stutter when many players are swimming
  • Fixed a bug that caused translucent crosshair to be shown on VSS scope
  • Fixed a bug that caused a player to go back into the REVIVE state when two players start the revive action and one cancels

See you in-game,
PLAYERUNKNOWN

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wish they'd fix whatever it is that caused people to start crashing. Seems every 3rd game or so it happens to at least one person.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
There's 2 crash fixes in the patch notes right there :p

Picked this up finally yesterday, after following it and streams for a while. It is definitely fun. It's hard to explain exactly, but quite a bit different feeling of competition compared to other online games - I don't really care that much about winning or losing, just having fun and doing the best I can. There were a couple times yesterday that seemed like un-fun though, like being shot with a shotty through a doorway when the other guy wasn't visible to me (multiple times actually, took him 2-3 shots to kill me down the stairs and I never saw him)

It also really feels like silencers are just the strongest thing in the game by far. It's so, so hard to tell where those shots are coming from. I realize I'm pretty fresh at this particular game, but when I get hit 4 times in a small zone and can't tell you which cardinal direction it came from, that feels bad.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the whole not giving a shit if I win really adds fun to this game. Me and my friends almost always drop in the ridiculous hot zones. So far my favorite place to drop is the port near military base. You can easily deck the fuck out of an entire squad there and there are usually snipers and 8x as well as lvl 3 equipment and medkits. Of course you can get fucked on the circle, which is why my second favorite place is school. Especially with the new patch the performance is a bit better (no where near perfect but we're getting there).

The biggest fix I wish they would implement at this point is to fix spectating. If I have to watch a game go on for 20 minutes I'd at least like to see whats going on for 20 minutes.

Also, the VSS is garbage. Hope they add some range because right now there is absolutely no point in using it.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Some crashes are probably just due to general instability so those will take a while to filter out. It sounded like they wanted next month to be server and stability stuff more or less so hopefully keeps improving.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Also, the VSS is garbage. Hope they add some range because right now there is absolutely no point in using it.

I thought the same thing, but talking to a friend up here he said aim from the hip full auto and it's amazing. I guess it's a submachine gun at this point.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was watching Grimmmz match, and he basically just used it as a harass tool. He was using it to force a player to run a direction he wanted, since you can't really tell where the shots are from. But as far as killing anyone, it seems worthless.

Just watched a Dr/Ninja duo. 1v1 at the end, and the guy died from gas. Seemed like such an unsatisfying way to win.

Xevy

Log Wizard

Yeah, but he missed one easy shot. So really, it's only PRETTY good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard

This is why you play with game sound up and no music on. I don't even know what that fuck was doing. Tunnel vision 10/10.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Seems like every new patch that is supposed to fix bugs I run into new ones. Had the perfect grenade position at the end of a match behind a rock to a tree. Pull pin, my guy just chooses to hold grenade until I blow myself up. My friends proceed to laugh, I proceed to rage. Qeue up again into the clown show. At least we get to pay to be apart of this.

EDIT: And this lag has been fucking garbage man. Salt is sprinkling all around my computer today.

Last edited:

Fadaar

That guy
Lag was super awful last night and then all of a sudden it went super smooth. Wonder if they fixed something, though I haven't played today. Might have been on my end but my duo partner (who lives halfway across the country) was having a shit time too.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I was in squads and everyone was getting 15 seconds game freeze-ups. It was definitely their servers. The best is it would happen in the lobby so I could tell exactly how long it lasted because it'd freeze at like 18 seconds, then I'd come back at 3 seconds.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Update saying they located the lag issues, not sure if it was fixed or not.

I should be on tonight for sure, not sure what time though.

• 1Like