Playstation 4

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I sold a launch PS3 (with a couple games) on ebay for $2500. Not even kidding. Good friend of mine did the same.
With online companies like Amazon, Newegg and even companies like Walmart & Target having an online presence, it's incredibly easy to pre-order a new console and it'll get mailed to you release day. That way you won't have to sit in line for a week waiting for it to come out.

I really don't think you'll have a chance to sell a new console for much more than you purchased it for. And even then, only because some people are lazy and don't have the internet to reserve it themselves. You "might" swing 500-600 for a new PS4 though. Just my speculation. I could be completely wrong.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I've never had a download on PSN go anywhere near that quick. I dont mind the UI but i would like something more streamlined. I am overly spoiled by XBL - shame they went the way of the dodo.

Cor_sl

shitlord
I just want them to fix that ridiculous downloading/installing nonsense. It's such a pain in the ass.

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
With online companies like Amazon, Newegg and even companies like Walmart & Target having an online presence, it's incredibly easy to pre-order a new console and it'll get mailed to you release day. That way you won't have to sit in line for a week waiting for it to come out.

I really don't think you'll have a chance to sell a new console for much more than you purchased it for. And even then, only because some people are lazy and don't have the internet to reserve it themselves. You "might" swing 500-600 for a new PS4 though. Just my speculation. I could be completely wrong.
Yeah, I can't imagine another crazy launch like the PS3. I preordered two PS4s but not with the intention of selling either of them. If it gets really crazy I might sell one or both but for now I'm planning on keeping them.

Szlia

There is something I find terrifying on that UI video: isn't he typing and navigating using motion control? For the sake of my sanity, I'll assume it can be switched off.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
There is something I find terrifying on that UI video: isn't he typing and navigating using motion control? For the sake of my sanity, I'll assume it can be switched off.
You may be right but I recall reading that it can be navigated via the touchpad which was my assumption from the vid.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've never had a download on PSN go anywhere near that quick. I dont mind the UI but i would like something more streamlined. I am overly spoiled by XBL - shame they went the way of the dodo.
Remember its supposedly stream capable to get stuff up and running with a minimal download - that might actually be appropriately indicative of the process with how they pitched it. (Think like how Rift or EQ2 have their streaming client - where only a portion needs to be downloaded completely to run the game - except planned that way from day one)

Video gave me an 80's vibe though.... besides that music that.... I just don't know what to describe that music as, lunatic funhouse?

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
I always find it weird hearing about all the buying and re-selling. I live in a pretty small town, 40,000 or so people, and while there have been lines to get new products for sure, I've never had any problem purchasing anything. I remember when people online were talking about selling WoW collectors editions at huge mark ups, and I could go to Hastings/Walmart/Kmart and look at dozens of copies on the shelf, and it just seemed like it couldn't possibly be real. I never had the cash to risk trying it out until Diablo 3 last year. Went to a Midnight release and bought 3 copies. Ended up returning 2 copies a couple weeks later when I had no luck selling them online. I assume that was because of an abundance of product plus the dismal initial reaction to the game.

I'm now in a position to go buy dozens of PS4's if I wanted, but man, if there is no shortage etc... thats a lot of money risked. Maybe I have too much of a hoarder, not enough of a gambler, instinct.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well, the good thing with gambling on it - is they never sell at a loss at Xmas time - worst case you'll come out even. I don't like doing it because I find it unethical myself, but it's a nobrainer - unless there's ZERO demand for the product someone will buy it on Ebay or Craigslist for retail at the very least just for the convenience.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Pre-ordered on Amazon... wondering if it would be wiser just to pick one up at release locally though (if possible) to avoid shipping delays.

Eonan

Doer of Things
Pre-ordered on Amazon... wondering if it would be wiser just to pick one up at release locally though (if possible) to avoid shipping delays.
Don't know how often you've ordered from Amazon...but I have personally never experienced a shipping delay from them with pre-orders. I just don't foresee the massive door-rushing that occurred with the 360 and the PS3 happening with the next gen consoles.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Preordered at Gamestop this morning, and just whiffed on a white Vita w/ AC3, MLB13 and case for $175 on Craigslist.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
US Amazon pre-orders, in general, arrive release day. They have enough distribution centers around the US to be able to ship the day or two before launch and have it arrive on release day.

I am virtually certain that 2-day shipping for the PS4 preorder was guaranteed release date delivery (and was only $8).

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I'm more concerned with 'oops, shortage' or 'so yeah, we got a lot of preorders' and getting one in February, so I just showed up at Gamestop when they opened. There was a line.