Playstation 4

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
yes mass effect is awesome (except for last 5%) but dont play on ps3, either play on PC or wait for remastered PS4 version coming out this fall
Does PC version have built in controller support like the Batman's all do?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
With Gamefly you have to decide what you want to play in advance. With PS Now you can impulse tent something for the weekend.

Don't agree with the pricing, but I'm more likely to use PS Now than Gamefly, where you need to really maintain a temp to your rentals to get your money's worth.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
4 hours for $5... isn't that the going rate for love hotels in japan? Has to be a typo. It has to be for 24 hours.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
when is the division coming out? right now, that's the only game that looks somewhat interesting for ps4.

spronk

FPS noob
division delayed till 2015

i'm looking forward this year to Last Of Us, Destiny, Little Big Planet 3, and Driveclub. AC Unity, Far Cry 4, GTA 5 & Dragon Age 3 but i'll be playing those on PC. Not a huge list but big enough that it feels enough to justify owning a PS4. Missing Sunset Overdrive and Halo Collection sucks tho

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
division delayed till 2015

i'm looking forward this year to Last Of Us, Destiny, Little Big Planet 3, and Driveclub. AC Unity, Far Cry 4, GTA 5 & Dragon Age 3 but i'll be playing those on PC. Not a huge list but big enough that it feels enough to justify owning a PS4. Missing Sunset Overdrive and Halo Collection sucks tho
Overall, I haven't been super impressed from what I've seen from the ps4 (or the X-box 1 for that matter) to warrant buying one. a friend of mine sold me his Wii U a few weeks ago for next to nothing and I've actually been enjoying the hell out of Donkey Kong Country, the new Mario Brothers, and Mario Kart 8. It's really pretty amazing that Nintendo just keeps making the same 7 or 8 games for each console, yet those games are so god damn enjoyable it totally makes them worth buying.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
They aren't really the same game though outside of the characters - they are different enough mechanics wise to keep it fresh. Plus they space out their release to one per console instead of one every year like some of the other AAA franchises.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
They aren't really the same game though outside of the characters - they are different enough mechanics wise to keep it fresh. Plus they space out their release to one per console instead of one every year like some of the other AAA franchises.
true, but they really stick to a format, and that format has been working for 30+ years. make a super mario brothers game, a zelda game, a metroid game, a mario kart game, a donkey kong game, and a smash brothers game, and make shit tons of money. and they're always fun. if only their 3rd party titles didn't suck so much.

spronk

FPS noob
i have a 3ds/wii u too and they are fun games but if thats the only thing I played I may as well grow a vagina and play animal crossing and farmville all day. I need my Destiny, Mass Effect, Assassins Creed, Titanfall, Battlefield (fucked up and all), Mortal Kombat, Need for Speed, Wolfenstein, and other gritty graphic intensive competitive games to round it all out. And not shitty poor 3d party Wii U ports, I want PC versions that look gorgeous at 1440p and 60 fps with everything set to ultra and will fallback to ps4 as needed.

I played 2 hours of MK8 online last night with my brother and we had a blast, but it was low key fun like playing a board game or watching a movie. Just did 45 minutes of titanfall and my heart is racing and I am pumped full of adrenaline, I enjoy em both but the second is so much more ... intense and competitive. I do really like the no achievement, no DLCs, simple 3ds/WiiU games and I hope Nintendo sticks to their formula forever, and I do agree that PC + Wii U is a great combo and don't really need a ps4/xbone yet. Wouldn't agree that a Wii U alone is enough unless you only game like 1 hour a week or are a girl. A man who does not multiplayer FPS is no man at all!

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
3rd parties deserve at least half of the blame for the poor 3rd party sales on Wii U. Except for Ubisoft (Rayman, ZombiiU) and Deus Ex HR (Wii U is best version), they have all done really shoddy jobs on their ports. If you use zero effort on porting over to another system and it has terrible FPS and bugs, you don't deserve sales.

Nintendo has proven if you fully utilize their GPU (which is much much faster than the 360/PS3) and not have CPU focused games (so you'd have to slightly alter games from X360/PS3 instead of straight porting) you can have great looking games at[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */,[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */, and some even[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */

That said, I am looking forward to Xenoblade and Bayonetta 2 - Wii U could really use some more gritty games but that's just not Nintendo's bag. It's got to come from their 2nd/3rd party partners like Platinum, Monolith, and Atlus.

I got my PS4 for Destiny and I enjoyed the Alpha so that can't come soon enough.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I'm perfectly happy with my Wii U/PC combo. If ps4 or xbox 1 wants my money, they're going to have to do a hell of a lot more than they've done so far. Every game that is available for ps4, is available for my PC at the same price with 5 times the graphics.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm perfectly happy with my Wii U/PC combo. If ps4 or xbox 1 wants my money, they're going to have to do a hell of a lot more than they've done so far. Every game that is available for ps4, is available for my PC at the same price with 5 times the graphics.
Except infamous and resogun, the best games on the system. I think about Christmas time, there will be enough exclusives to make it worth it to most gamers.