Playstation 4

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
is 802.11n enough bandwidth to stream uncompressed blu ray rips or am i going to need to wire in?

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
frown.png

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
i'm just talking about streaming shit i download from my PC to my TV over wifi

is it a pretty safe bet that PS4 and xbox one kinectless edition will both be going for $300 this christmas?

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
i'm just talking about streaming shit i download from my PC to my TV over wifi

is it a pretty safe bet that PS4 and xbox one kinectless edition will both be going for $300 this christmas?
XBone w/o possibly. PS4 isn't going to without weird coupon code abuse - $350 MSRP for PS4 I'd even think as unlikely, even now they're selling almost as many as they produce.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I doubt sony would price cut in their first year considering how well they've been doing with console sales

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
spronk: I'd love to see that, but being that we know they can already do a disc check for physical media (the "upgrade to PS4" program), that seems like a slippery slope to "Why can't I just insert my (X game) disc into the PS4 and play it via Now?" which is probably more hassle than they want to do.
Costs them bandwidth to do, I'd be surprised if this or digital ownership granted access to Now copies.

spronk

FPS noob
now is also targeted at stuff like vita and bravia TVs and SonyTV device (like chromecast/boxee), so having any sort of disc based checking is pretty easy to justify as "nope" i think, plus you could basically then play a redbox game for $2 etc. if you own the digital version though it makes sense to allow you to access it anywhere.

the library is still very tiny and esoteric though so can't really care much, there are only a handful of games I'd say that are must plays and I don't think any of them are on PSNow

and maybe beyond 2 souls on PS4
Beyond: Two Souls Directors Cut Rumoured for PS4 - IGN

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
XBone w/o possibly. PS4 isn't going to without weird coupon code abuse - $350 MSRP for PS4 I'd even think as unlikely, even now they're selling almost as many as they produce.
There might be some PS4 doorbusters for $300 but if Destiny turns out to be good then the PS4 and XB1 will sell like hotcakes this fall.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Keg is going to be a good accountant. He's cheap as fuck.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
My best friend is an accountant. He's also incredibly thrifty, yet he's able to spend money when he wants to. He wrote a check to a guy for $32,000 to build an awesome porch for his house.

He was a Sr. Manager at KPMG before going to someplace else.

Praetorian

Golden Knight of the Realm
My best friend is an accountant. He's also incredibly thrifty, yet he's able to spend money when he wants to. He wrote a check to a guy for $32,000 to build an awesome porch for his house.

He was a Sr. Manager at KPMG before going to someplace else.
Great story. Loved the ending. Waiting for the sequel.

spronk

FPS noob
Ubisoft announced Watch Dogs has sold 8m copies up to June 30th, pretty much guaranteeing an endless sequence of bland yearly releases. The sales figures this year was interesting (not just Watch Dogs, all their games):

lJKU72B.png

PC holds its own but PS4 seems to be the front runner, its hilarious the Wii platform is selling more than the Vita, 3DS, and Wii U combined.