Playstation 4

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I and all my friends would easily side with ME1 Saren/Sovereign plot over the ME2 collector/Cerberus plot.

With that said ME2 stepped it up in many ways so it's hard for me to pick between the two. ME1 gives you that mysterious universe something is out there feeling while Me2 makes you feel more important.

Both placed in my top 10 games of all time if I had too.
continuous derail!

I enjoyed ME1 better because it's open world and is a bit of a scifi mystery. Plus you get to explore the Mass Effect universe the first time and all the details they present were excellent. I wouldn't put the Saren plot as being that much better or worse than the collector stuff.

ME2 has better combat and some of the most interesting team-mates of any squad-RPG ever.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Is ME1 really short? Taking out side-quest shit, only talking about main story. I think I'm 8 or 9 hours in so I wanted to see how far along I was, looked at a walkthrough and noticed I'm fairly close to the end.

Not concerned with additional content, I usually only play the main story.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I think if you blow through the main quest you could finish it in a cool 12-15 hours first play through, I spent more time exploring all the worlds on my badass mako than I did on the main quest.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
On PS+ I just read something saying if you cancel you keep your games now? I don't think that's true is it? Having trouble finding that as a confirmation (I tend to think not, not that I'm planning to let either PS+ sub lapse anyhow)

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
extremely late to the God of War series but fuck I am enjoying the shit outta GoW 3.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
That's definitely the OLD way they were quoting it as part of the 2014 changes though.
There was a hubub about a month back with regards to drive club and the weird way you could buy an upgrade that essentially unlocks the full game but the initial press releases said that if you dropped ps+ you couldn't play the game anymore at all. That lasted about 2 weeks before the drugs wore off and they changed their stance to something less insane. That's the only change to PS+ that i'm aware of, but that's also the only game I'm aware of that has a PS+ unlock and a PS+ "free" version.

Vaclav

That might explain the confusion yea - because I was looking over everything and couldn't see it mentioned ANYWHERE else other than one random site.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
My ps4 is so weak, so is my xbox. Much missed are the days of the ps1 and ps2 when RPGs were coming out by the boatload and I always had a good game to sit down and play. Nowadays my ps4 is used for crunchyrolll and xbox for everything else. JRPGs don't come around as much anymore and theirs more first person shooters on the horizon than hookers in Vegas.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Did you play the PS3? It was the king of JRPGs after PS2. I have a feeling PS4 will be the next king in the same regards.

You saw what games were planned for the year, so you should've known there would be no JRPGs on the horizon, much like there weren't for PS3 launch.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Did you play the PS3? It was the king of JRPGs after PS2. I have a feeling PS4 will be the next king in the same regards.

You saw what games were planned for the year, so you should've known there would be no JRPGs on the horizon, much like there weren't for PS3 launch.
I played all the jrpgs I can think of for the ps3 but I don't remember there being quite as many notable ones like the ps1 and ps2 had. A lot if series are dead and gone like legend of dragon, or legaia. Hopefully there is some type of resurgence in which they dig deep and reuse that huge library of RPGs.

Pretty sure Vesperia was my favorite jrpg last gen outside of the hundreds of hours I put in dragons dogma.

Crone

This is why I feel fortunate to have gotten in on the PS3 super late. A friend of mine who's had a Ps3 forever let me borrow a bunch of games... currently have:

Dark Souls 2
Ni No Kuni
Southpark SoT
Uncharted 1-3
Gran Tourismo
Ratchet and Clank All 4 One
Child of Light

and I'm sure some others I'm forgetting. Don't even know where to begin! After beating the Last of Us, I haven't played anything else.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This is why I feel fortunate to have gotten in on the PS3 super late. A friend of mine who's had a Ps3 forever let me borrow a bunch of games... currently have:

Dark Souls 2
Ni No Kuni
Southpark SoT
Uncharted 1-3
Gran Tourismo
Ratchet and Clank All 4 One
Child of Light

and I'm sure some others I'm forgetting. Don't even know where to begin! After beating the Last of Us, I haven't played anything else.
did you play GoW3?