Playstation 5

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Decided to wait, there isnt anything to play now that cant be swapped for something on the PC - I'm amused by those trying to resell a console for 1000+ and even more so those that would spend pc level cash for a console.

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
Decided to wait, there isnt anything to play now that cant be swapped for something on the PC - I'm amused by those trying to resell a console for 1000+ and even more so those that would spend pc level cash for a console.

i sold one for $1400 locally, if there are no restocks between now and Xmas i see it hitting $1800-2k. never underestimate how dumb people are with money.

I still have one i'm keeping but man its tempting to resell, but end of the day I really enjoy new consoles and would wanna play cyberpunk on it

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
i sold one for $1400 locally, if there are no restocks between now and Xmas i see it hitting $1800-2k. never underestimate how dumb people are with money.

I still have one i'm keeping but man its tempting to resell, but end of the day I really enjoy new consoles and would wanna play cyberpunk on it
I can't believe people are actually paying that much for a console system. Unbelievable...

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have thought about trying to time it right to get one of these consoles, but no way in hell I am paying those amounts to a reseller. I figure I still have to finish H:ZD, AC Odyssey, AC Origins, and Ghost of Tsushima so I'll just do that on my PS4 Pro and by then, they will hopefully be more widely available. Seems like a colossal waste of money to pay $1k+ to have it right now, but to each their own.

spronk

FPS noob
I just assume a ton of people due to the rona are not spending money this winter on luxury like vacations, dining out, concerts, movies, etc so blowing an extra $1k on a system that will give you hundreds of hours of solo entertainment is a pretty decent tradeoff

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

Umm wow, paying that much for a system???

Janx

<Silver Donator>
With a copy of Spiderman in hand, it's like Sony knew the game wasn't gonna sell well cause who the fuck is Miles? So bundle it with the PS5, like Sewer Shark with the SegaCD.
I didn't know who Miles was until I watched Into the Spiderverse (or whatever that animated movie was). I expected woke hamfisted black char shoved into the spiderman char..was sooooo wrong. Miles is legit. Problem is the game sounds pretty meh from all the reviews i've watched.

SeanDoe1z1

Umm wow, paying that much for a system???

sir, this is a wendies.

but in reality we have people that pay 1000+++ for video game pixels so yes, it makes perfect sense people pay top dollar to be first or whatever they're going for. Men are impulsive ass consumers IMHO. Myself included.

Who here started on a 1200 gaming rig that turned into 2200 easily overnight, and regret nothing ! <-- this guy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Eh i dont mind buying a 3090 as i did and a 3080 but ill be damned i pay over retail for the console experience!

SeanDoe1z1

It would take the correct game for me, and my own failure to get one in time.

Probably a solid Xmas buy though. Need another "something" for upstairs theater and moving an older PS4 upstairs sounds like an easy win.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
In stock at Costco, I'm in the checkout pages, but there's website errors and being jank that it won't let me fill in my CC number. The fields won't let me type. Lol

Same jank problems on laptop and mobile... wtf. :(

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just assume a ton of people due to the rona are not spending money this winter on luxury like vacations, dining out, concerts, movies, etc so blowing an extra $1k on a system that will give you hundreds of hours of solo entertainment is a pretty decent tradeoff
Yes, I could see it from that angle. Whats a little overpayment on a console if they aren't spending money elsewhere.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
C7D4974B-895B-44EF-AB03-7A37BC035C7D.jpeg

It’s almost comically large.

• 5Barf
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
In stock at Costco, I'm in the checkout pages, but there's website errors and being jank that it won't let me fill in my CC number. The fields won't let me type. Lol

Same jank problems on laptop and mobile... wtf. :(
Out of stock already it seems