Playstation 5

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Uncharted 4 is nowhere near the game Uncharted 2 was. Sure it may be technically more impressive but that is about it. (actually for the time 2 was god damn amazing)

Amy Henning is who made the Uncharted games good. When Neil Druckmann took over after she left the tone shifted a lot and Naughty Dog games really lost that magic touch. She is working with Marvel now to make games for them. Hopefully they turn out good.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Amy Henning is who made the Uncharted games good. When Neil Druckmann took over after she left the tone shifted a lot and Naughty Dog games really lost that magic touch. She is working with Marvel now to make games for them. Hopefully they turn out good.

Yeah you can really tell the difference. Uncharted was good, Uncharted 2 was a masterpiece, 3 was decent, 4........seemed so different, and then come to find out Henning wasn't involved with it, so it made sense.

Then they also ruined The Last of Us. The first one is a top 3 game for me all time. The second one I didn't even bother getting since all the rumors about the storyline turned out to be true.

Sad since Naughty Dog was so good for so long. I guess the same can be said about Blizzard. These companies aren't the same once the original crew leave and get replaced by the current woke brigade.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
amy hennig also was a writer on Forspoken which is coming out in May on PS5/PC but the game looks kinda meh. Its from Square Enix.

i bought a SCUF Reflex FPS controller last week, arrived today from Taiwan - 5 days from order to delivery, crazy. Its stupid expensive ($250+tax/ship) and probably a waste of money but since I figure i'm gonna sink 50+ hours into Elden Ring may as well try something out. So far liking it, you can definitely remap L3/R3 to the back paddles. I don't like the back paddles as much as the elite 2, the elite feels exactly right in terms of size/response while the SCUF ones are a bit bigger and not as "handy" for all 4, I'll probably only use 2.

Still trying to figure out the best way to remap "get on my fucking horse", since thats the combo I have the biggest issue with while playing. You can't remap multiple buttons so can't do triangle+<left dpad>

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
the wario 64 twitter feed the best way to find these things? I'm amazed they're still this hard to get.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob

discord is the best way to find PS5s and even then a lot are gated behind retailer subs. twitter is 1-2 mins too slow

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Was excited about Shadow Warrior 3 until I realized it said Playstation Now rather than Playstation Plus.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole

discord is the best way to find PS5s and even then a lot are gated behind retailer subs. twitter is 1-2 mins too slow

Added a few top discords after you said this, not a scientific study but Wario was about 1 min faster on the AntOnline drop today than the bots.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I got the pulse 3D headset yesterday. It seems ok, about right for a $100 wireless headset.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I got the pulse 3D headset yesterday. It seems ok, about right for a $100 wireless headset.
Yea, I have them. They sounds great to me but I'm no audiophile. Comfort level I think it could be better when comparing them to the PS Golds. Battery life seem better than my PS Golds but I can't remember how good they were when I first got them. Mic works, I don't sound like I'm using a dollar store mic while under water. If the directional audio is tuned in well enough in a game it really shines especially in an fps. Overall it's great for $100.

P.s. if you really want to screw with your senses wear them backwards. When I first got them I put them on and didn't realize they were backwards. Good times 🤣

• 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
yeah they all ping about the same time don't really notice a huge diff between them, you have to set roles so you are alerted to specific drops (PS5, xbox, GPUs, etc) and then setup your phone so it alerts you when specific servers/discords/alerts go off. Have to play with it for a bit to make it work for you and not get frustrated when it doesn't work right away.

ameer

falco

target is probably the next drop due

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Everytime I’ve been able to get the notification for target drop when it went live I’ve been able to put an order (or get to that point, sometimes I check even though I don’t need one) that I’ve tried. Definitely the best way to get it at retail imo.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I should update the firmware on my Pule3D's and see if they made changes to audio quality yet in non 3D audio games. Was playing Apex and couldn't hear surround - turned off 3D audio, same thing. Put on my old Golds, worked like a charm again.

However, 3D audio in Demon souls which I tested was pretty sweet. To bad these idiots don't use Atmos like everyone else in the world so I could have Atmos on my PS5 games through my home theater set up.

Also, PS4 version of Ark. Gamepass has the series X version for free for a while now and it's a way better experience.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Is there an easy way to check if your need a firmware update for the pulse headset? Or does the PS5 tell you when one needs to be done?

Also, the sound in apex is one of my biggest complaints in that game. Its horrible when it comes to hearing footsteps and figuring out where exactly they are.