Playstation 5

Brad2770

My kid came over to work on my Vizio TV to get the PS5 to work in the 4k port. After messing around with it, he found this.

His PS4 Pro works in it fine.

Funny thing is, it was working a few weeks back. Now it’s not.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
My kid came over to work on my Vizio TV to get the PS5 to work in the 4k port. After messing around with it, he found this.

His PS4 Pro works in it fine.

Funny thing is, it was working a few weeks back. Now it’s not.
Boot the PS5 in safe mode and disable HDCP. If this works you know a firmware update hosed HDCP and you’ll have to wait for a patch. You won’t be able to stream 4K content but that sucks on ps5 anyway with lack of Dolby vision and Atmos. But your games will play in 4k60.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Anyone have this and feedback on it?
It would work as a storage drive, but you won’t be able to play any PS5 games on it. You’d have to transfer games back and forth to the PS5 to actually play them. Seems like kind of waste of money when you can get a 2 TB PCIe 4.0 drive and install it in the PS5 for not much more.

• 1Like

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
So Eldan Ring has finally got me to want one of these, other than hoping Sony will let me buy one from them what is the best way to get one at msrp?

• 1Picard

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So Eldan Ring has finally got me to want one of these, other than hoping Sony will let me buy one from them what is the best way to get one at msrp?
Either get on a discord or follow Twitter feeds that post restocks, it’s not too hard to get if you are prepared and have the time to make the purchase immediately after notification. Target does restocks on a specific day of the week (Thursday morning?) and it’s not too hard to get if you are ready.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Giving yourself three days to find a ps5 at msrp

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

spronk

FPS noob
yeah no shot right now, amazon is due a drop but it gets 99% botted and the resell on these things is still $100+ profit so bots will continue to snatch most of em. Best Buy had a drop a few days ago but you had to be a total tech ($200/yr) member to get it. Gamestop drops it now and then but they are $800 bundles.

An xbox is a lot easier to get at MSRP right now if you wanna jump in on gamepass, and there is little to no difference between a game on a ps5 and a series X.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Target has been the easiest for me, Costco as a second. Amazon I actually got one ordered but it’s basically luck.

Target makes you pick it up in store which helps a bunch on the bots. Best Buy does too I think but their line system has never resulted in me getting past the queue. Always get to the point where select store and everything is out of stock, no matter how fast I’m in there. Wouldn’t surprise me if there’s some way people are bypassing it.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I hate Twitter but maybe I'll give it a try for this, don't need it for elden ring release but that is what got me to decide I want one, would rather PS over xbone for some of their exclusives. Thanks bros.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
its a pretty strong rumor that in development are three things

bloodborne remaster for PS5 AND pc
bloodborne 2

i'd expect an announcement sometime this year of both things, probably closer to holidays.

and yeah owning a PS5 just to play all the games you missed on PS4 is amazing, many will run at 60 fps and all load insanely fast. I'm playing Danganronpa a 10 year old game lol

next month is Gran Turismo 7, Elden Ring, and Horizon Zero Dawn 2. Three games that will look drop dead gorgeous, run amazing on PS5. With the news that Sony sees fewer PS5s made due to continued chip shortages its good to get one when you can. I don't see a PS5 Pro happening for at least 3 years.

The load times on PS5 really are insane. All of the PS4 games that had iffy loading times are way more playable on PS5. I'm gonna guess the loading times are like 1/3rd...that's a wild guess though.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
They actually instituted a 'load screen confirmation' for Horizon: Forbidden West because it loads so fast when fast-travelling that you wouldn't be able to even read the load-screen hint most of the time. Its freakish.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob

you aren't getting the full Ghost of Tsushima, just the shitty multiplayer something something DLC. fuck you, Sony

oh well at least Ghostrunner PS5 i think thats the game where you run as a ninja against red people, looked meh but can play for 5 mins i guess

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They tried to cram that Legends shit down your throat in the single player game. I had zero interest in it.

• 1Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not paying a fucking membership to shit retailers for the privilege of buying something.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users