Playstation 5

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I agree...except in the case of Demon Souls. Going in blind is how you end up with completely borked world tendency and end up having to start the game over because you spent 8 hours dying on World 4-2 with red phantoms everywhere (Yes, this was what happened to me the first time).

Demon Souls is the one where you really need to know what you're doing going in for that reason. Going in blind on any other From game is a great idea, but not this one.
Not sure I agree really. I went into demon souls blind and would die so fucking fast when I was a human I really had no need to suicide. I’m guessing the majority of people were the same on their first playthroughs. However, knowing what world tendency does, it is easier just to suicide. I just doubt most people need to on their first blind playthrough is all.

Whats the deal with the suiciding? You get some bonus/penalty in different forms or how does that work?
When you win a boss fight in demon souls you become a human instead of spirit form until the next time you die. If you stay in human form without dying and are killing things the game gets harder by changing the “world tendency”. I personally never had to purposefully suicide cause when playing in a new unfamiliar area I’d just die really fast anyways.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
When you win a boss fight in demon souls you become a human instead of spirit form until the next time you die. If you stay in human form without dying and are killing things the game gets harder by changing the “world tendency”. I personally never had to purposefully suicide cause when playing in a new unfamiliar area I’d just die really fast anyways.

This is incorrect. DYING IN HUMAN FORM is what will turn world tendency black, making things harder. Dying in spirit form (nerfed HP form) has no effect.

Hence, when you're forced back into human form after killing a boss, suicide in Nexus to get back to spirit form (without affecting a world, because Nexus is its own area).

edit- killing a boss in human form will add +white to the world tendency, maybe this is what you're thinking of? But that point is fairly irrelevant to what we're discussing here.

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Is Sekiro among the hard games in the Souls series?

Also, sold my UW and could pretty much trade it for a LG 27 GP850. It does look much better than the AOC UW I had and the aspect ratio fits me better for what I use it for. The brightness and colors are much better and the IPS is nice.

Might need to add a second monitor again now if I find a cheapo used screen somewhere.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Is Sekiro among the hard games in the Souls series?

Also, sold my UW and could pretty much trade it for a LG 27 GP850. It does look much better than the AOC UW I had and the aspect ratio fits me better for what I use it for. The brightness and colors are much better and the IPS is nice.

Might need to add a second monitor again now if I find a cheapo used screen somewhere.

It’s the hardest I’d say. It’s unlike the others, and I’d say it’s not even a full souls-like as one of the cornerstones is dodge rolling with invulnerable frames and it doesn’t really have that.

It’s good and fun, but it’s more of a capstone if you’ve loved all of From’s other stuff AND love the theme and setting.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
This is incorrect. DYING IN HUMAN FORM is what will turn world tendency black, making things harder. Dying in spirit form (nerfed HP form) has no effect.

Hence, when you're forced back into human form after killing a boss, suicide in Nexus to get back to spirit form (without affecting a world, because Nexus is its own area).

edit- killing a boss in human form will add +white to the world tendency, maybe this is what you're thinking of? But that point is fairly irrelevant to what we're discussing here.
Shit like this is why I hate these games. My dick couldn't possibly get any softer

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
The new cable fixed the flickers. I know you all were dying to find out.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

RIP days of $30 psn+ 1 year

Their constant tampering with a very shitty sub model is why I sold my Playstation and bought an Xbox. Much happier.

Like how many different subscriptions have they offered in the last two years? Five? Eight?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Their constant tampering with a very shitty sub model is why I sold my Playstation and bought an Xbox. Much happier.

Like how many different subscriptions have they offered in the last two years? Five? Eight?

Good news is is this isn't selling well for them so Sony can fuck right off with their horrible model.

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Didn’t they already show they are selling a lot less but because of the prices they’re actually making more money? I feel like we talked about that in this thread earlier in the year.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah they made more money on PS+ in the first quarter after the switch even with lower subs

the 2TB WD 850X is $170 at microcenter if you got one around you

just monitor <r/buildapcsales> there are a few 2TB SSDs posted every day on great discounts, even the slower ones will work that are like under $100 for 2TB but 3500 mb/s read and write max, while the WD 850, Samsung 980 pro, etc will do 6500 mbs r/w. I doubt it'll be a huge difference in actual performance but price difference is not that big anyways.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Different drives also have different lifetime write capacity. It could be meaningful if you swap out a lot of games and if this is a console that's going to last half a decade.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Different drives also have different lifetime write capacity. It could be meaningful if you swap out a lot of games and if this is a console that's going to last half a decade.

This console had better last way longer than 5 years, wtf

Aazrael

Finished Ghost of Tsushima just now. It Was a great game for sure, enjoyed it way more than the latest AC micro transaction games.

Not sure what to jump into next. Not feeling Demon Souls just yet, maybe try for the Spiderman games or some other story game first.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aazrael

Put the PS Now on hold for a bit, might resub before the January sale is done.

But ended up buying the Uncharted Thiefs End package (ps5) that was on sale, will probably buy the Morales ps5 edition as well that include the first Spiderman game, also like 30% off.

Still not sure if I played Uncharted 3 back when it was released, but can always go back for it later.