Playstation 5

spronk

FPS noob

sifu is on PS+ now and pretty fun
i played midnight suns last month and it was great, much better than i expected although the story side of the game drags on way too long and is mediocre writing

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Are the fifa games any good? I haven’t played a soccer video game since… Super Nintendo? FC 24 is 80% off and for $15 who cares but maybe these games are total and complete shit.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Are the fifa games any good? I haven’t played a soccer video game since… Super Nintendo? FC 24 is 80% off and for $15 who cares but maybe these games are total and complete shit.
They're actually solid games. Online portion can be a shit show, but yeah.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
stellar blade demo is out tomorrow and i think reviews are starting to trickle out, game looks good and one i'll definitely play at some point since its made by korean devs who like hot women

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I played the demo tonight, it’s pretty short.

It was pretty damn good, I was surprised. I thought it would be just great visuals and a sexy protagonist but the gameplay felt pretty good in the little section the demo gives us.

Still waiting for reviews, but my interest went from close to nonexistent to being actually looking forward to it, I hope its good.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Eve is quite nice eye candy and the game does try to show her off. Ladders are done very well, as is swimming.

As for gameplay, it's alright. I'm not a huge fan of needing perfect blocks/parry/dodge. After finishing the game on Normal, I tried out this games version of Story Mode+action Assist. It seems a bit undeveloped compared to a game like FF16.

Apparently the CEO of Shift Up was also the character designer of Blade&Soul, and he went on to make Destiny's Child and Nikke. I'm hoping the game is successful enough to get dlc. If you use the repair tool, there seems to be an option to select a different character when upgrading gears.

spronk

FPS noob

pretty awesome game, i 100%'d it on my steam deck while on vacation last year and thought it was fantastic. i think the consoles version add a (free) godzilla DLC. too bad no way to transfer saves between ps5/steam

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
On the one hand, you say it's good and it's probably actually a good game.

On the other hand, Dave appears to be a fat slob surrounded by the usual diversity hires, not sure what that fatty in the pink shirt is suppose to be.

I hope the game is first-person perspective, if it's third person over-the-shoulder the whole screen would just be wetsuit.

• 5Worf
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 6 users

spronk

FPS noob

GKbobCnWYAExlwE.jpg

I've enjoyed my PS5 (now slim ps5) but it is wild how few actually exclusive games there are anymore to consoles. Zero for xbox, and almost zero for PS5 lol

No real reason to own anything other than a good PC and a steam deck anymore.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider

GKbobCnWYAExlwE.jpg

I've enjoyed my PS5 (now slim ps5) but it is wild how few actually exclusive games there are anymore to consoles. Zero for xbox, and almost zero for PS5 lol

Yeah... kind of annoying though. I worked hard to get a ps5 when they were still pretty hard to come by and mine has mostly been collecting dust- outside of a few occasions like when I played ER.

I'm mainly a PC gamer but it's nice to be able to just chill on the couch with a controller sometimes. Again, with a few rare exceptions, it just seems like the type of games they are making these days aren't really my thing. I get that most people want online play for shooters, but I definitely miss the days of good single player campaign shooters. Or even co op. I wanted to play a co-op game with my wife and the Ps5 co op landscape is fucking bleak.

Maybe it's just that my tastes don't align with consoles anymore, but I've been really disappointed in the PS5 games I've seen.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>

GKbobCnWYAExlwE.jpg

Why is God of War: Ragnarok x'd out? It was a sub-par sequel but it was an entirely new game.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Why is God of War: Ragnarok x'd out? It was a sub-par sequel but it was an entirely new game.
They X'ed out everything that had a PS4 version, which is a bit disingenuous. I could see crossing out all the VR trash, but not stuff like Horizon 2, GoW 2, and GT7. All three were big disappointments imo, but they're still PS5 exclusives.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Anyone have a recommendation for a PS5 controller with paddles? Both my current controllers are first gen, been abused, and are ready for retirement.

Vorph

Anyone have a recommendation for a PS5 controller with paddles? Both my current controllers are first gen, been abused, and are ready for retirement.
I went with a new DualSense and eXtremeRate RISE4 metal button kit a couple years ago. Still the best option imo, if you don't mind taking the controller apart and doing some simple modifications. Less simple if you absolutely must have the ability to map L3/R3 or the touchpad press to a back button, since those things require soldering. No idea why you'd ever want to remap those anyway.

Alternatively, you can get a pre-modded controller from Hexgaming. It's a different name, but still the same company as eXtremeRate. For some reason the inner back buttons are a bit bigger and nicer on the Ultimate controller compared to the RISE4 RMB kit. You pay a rather large premium to have the modding done for you though, considering it only took me a half hour to install the kit on mine.

Or there's the $200 DualSense Edge from Sony. Being able to replace the entire thumbstick module should it go bad seems like a nice feature. The battery is a total deal-breaker to me though. The standard DualSense is already garbage with its 1560 mAh battery and faster battery drain due to all the gimmicks in it, and the Edge knocks that all the way down to 1050 mAh. I don't even want to know what the thing would be like after a year or so, considering how fast the standard battery degrades because Sony can't seem to figure out how to make a charger work right. Oh, and I almost forgot to mention that it only has 2 paddles. Don't be confused by the product listing that says 4; it's just two sets of paddles that are different shapes and you can swap them based on what you prefer.

• 1Like

Nija

<Silver Donator>
They should X out Firewall Ultra. It shipped in such bad shape that I think the studio shut down.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I can play (and do well) in any sports game there is except for Soccer, dunno what it is about them but shits 10x more difficult than any other sport.

Also returnal being available on the PS network, gotten a lot of fun from that. Bullet hell shooter, didn't think it would be as fun as it was.

spronk

FPS noob

i have a SCUF reflex fps which is a stock PS5 dual sense they mod and charge out the ass for, had it for over a year but honestly rarely use it. Seems fine but nothing special and no, i can't really justify paying $250 for it

Sony sells its own dualsense edge which has paddles at a similar price

you could buy it from best buy or something, try it for a week, and if you don't like it maybe return it. Or costco? dunno if those easy to return places exist or not.

• 1Like

Crone

Yeah... kind of annoying though. I worked hard to get a ps5 when they were still pretty hard to come by and mine has mostly been collecting dust- outside of a few occasions like when I played ER.

I'm mainly a PC gamer but it's nice to be able to just chill on the couch with a controller sometimes. Again, with a few rare exceptions, it just seems like the type of games they are making these days aren't really my thing. I get that most people want online play for shooters, but I definitely miss the days of good single player campaign shooters. Or even co op. I wanted to play a co-op game with my wife and the Ps5 co op landscape is fucking bleak.

Maybe it's just that my tastes don't align with consoles anymore, but I've been really disappointed in the PS5 games I've seen.
I try and do the same thing, because my wife is also a gamer, but we mostly do our own thing. I wanted something that we could do together, but it was so bleak that I'd even settle for sort of together, like she's on her phone scrolling while watching me play some other game. She's really good at puzzles and shit, and I hate them and instantly Google, and even that made it pretty hard. There's just nothing. :(