Playstation 5

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Demon's Souls, Pragmata, Kena, Solar Ash, Horizon 2 all looked very good. Not sure this is a day one purchase but I'll definitely be getting one. Hopefully it isn't like $700.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
PS5 Digital for me, haven't bought a physical copy in years. I think the console looks kind of slick, but not a huge fan of the vertical design since it won't fit in my TV stand, actually not sure where I'll set it up.

As far as the games, there's only 2 must have for me which were Spiderman and Horizon, a few others are maybe.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
So it just occurred to me, this could go for both Microsoft and Sony. External drives are potentially not going to be a thing this generation due to the new SSD tech nor replacing the internal drive

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
PS5 Digital for me, haven't bought a physical copy in years. I think the console looks kind of slick, but not a huge fan of the vertical design since it won't fit in my TV stand, actually not sure where I'll set it up.

As far as the games, there's only 2 must have for me which were Spiderman and Horizon, a few others are maybe.
I would assume you can still place it flat, and the arch on the bottom honestly just lets more air flow around it I guess - but also means it's taking up an necessary amount of vertical space.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Im on Noodles boat on the only two games I like. I'll wait for Horizon 2, and buy DS with it. But fk having it collect dust with a shit load of indie games out for it.

spronk

FPS noob
So it just occurred to me, this could go for both Microsoft and Sony. External drives are potentially not going to be a thing this generation due to the new SSD tech nor replacing the internal drive

both have already detailed how it'll work. PS5 only games will run on the internal SSD only. PS4 games will run on SSD OR external drive, just like PS4. You can "archive" games from SSD to external drive and move them back and forth as you want. So its the best compromise, you can keep an external drive for mass storage of everything and move games you play a lot (or PS5 exclusives) to SSD. Same for xbox. Games are more granular for next gen too, like for Call of Duty you can "archive"/delete the single player or multiplayer parts and only keep the parts you want.

and yeah right now i don't see any reason to buy a launch PS5, if theres only 1 or 2 games i'd even want to play. Wait a bit, get a better version at a cheaper price. Once God of War 2, HZD2, and a few other games come out then its an easy buy.

I am definitely hyped for Hitman 3, but I'm 99.9% sure it'll run on PC, PS4, XB1, etc

I don't think they even gave a date for Demon Souls and if its PS5 exclusive or not

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Bet a lot of those games thanks to raytracing are going to be back at 30fps. Fuck that noise.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
As far as I remember they've alway's "shown" the new console in a vertical mode(Sense ps3 at least) I'm sure there is gonna be a horizontal mode for it also..

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
PS5 has 2 internal slots apparently, so you can slap a second SSD in

• 1Like

Araxen

Will the PS5 play 4K Blu-Rays? That would be the only reason why I would get the one with the drive. Other than that it's just another part that can fail on it.

Glad to see Demons Souls was more than just an uprez port. The game looked really great.

Daidraco

Wouldnt be surprised that it does have external hard drives, but just sold under Sony's umbrella only.

It's also to the fact that the PS5 accesses multiple pieces of data to load the game assets/world all at once. Unlike pulling the data one piece at a time and loading it into memory like a PS4 game.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Will the PS5 play 4K Blu-Rays? That would be the only reason why I would get the one with the drive. Other than that it's just another part that can fail on it.

Glad to see Demons Souls was more than just an uprez port. The game looked really great.

Yes it will.

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
These big splash presentations are getting so formulaic and predictable that they are an inevitable disappointment to most everyone. The only ones that seem to actually drum up positive interest in games is the "Here is a game you didn't know about... AND you can buy it in 3 months!" Everything else just seems to piss everyone off.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I don't think they even gave a date for Demon Souls and if its PS5 exclusive or not

Sony owns the rights too Demon's Souls(Just like Bloodborne) it was the only way FROM software got the game funded and even at that Sony was very very hesitant about giving them the money for it. I think we might see a PC release eventually for it, but that would be up too Sony overall.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
The fictional lady from the Devolver Digital E3 press conference was included as an Easter egg when they showed all the developers

FA56306B-B351-4B4C-8C7F-F2D48BBAF44D.jpeg

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I think for me it's going to come down to how good those read speeds actually are. I still have nightmares of Bloodborne/FFXV load times on the original PS4.

Araxen

I think for me it's going to come down to how good those read speeds actually are. I still have nightmares of Bloodborne/FFXV load times on the original PS4.

The games installed to the hard drive on the PS4. The discs were only used to authenticate to run the game. The load times on the PS5 will be a massive improvement because they are using a SSD this time around. The SSD upgrade will rival the graphics upgrade this gen. That's how big of a change it will be.

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
You will still get some load times regardless they will be much much much shorter though, the SSD tech they are using is amazing, and even more fucking amazing when it hit's PC.

• 1Like