Playstation 5

Mick

<Gold Donor>
Overall their presentation was a lot better than Microsoft's. I was hoping for a price, but I have a feeling they plan to wait for the last minute so that can try and be competitive.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
The only things that even sparked my interest were Demon’s Soul and whatever that game was that let’s you play a kitty cat.

Shite reveal show.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
EaRadWvUcAE4-9V

• 10Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 10 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
The only things that even sparked my interest were Demon’s Soul and whatever that game was that let’s you play a kitty cat.

Shite reveal show.

Please tell us you don't like Horizon so everyone can point and laugh.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
This board is obviously not the target audience.

There are only certain types of games that I like on consoles. Mainly fighting games and sports games. I am horribad at any game that makes me use thumbsticks for movement and aiming. I would 100% rather play games like that on keyboard and mouse.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Please tell us you don't like Horizon so everyone can point and laugh.
Horizon was fun but it was never any different than any other open world “go to X tower. Scout. Go to x bear asses quest guy. Repeat.”

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1GreNeg
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I just want a PS5 so I can play all the good PS4 games I miss upscaled. Is that going to be a thing?

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Horizon was fun but it was never any different than any other open world “go to X tower. Scout. Go to x bear asses quest guy. Repeat.”

I cant drive myself to finish, much less get anywhere near 100% completion on AC, Farcry or any of that shit and Horizons did. I dont know why you didnt like it, but that game was crazy good imo. The play style, combat, equipment, upgrades, crafting, lore, all of it - A+

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I just want a PS5 so I can play all the good PS4 games I miss upscaled. Is that going to be a thing?

As far as backwards compatilbility we know they have too "patch" the game too work on the PS5, they already said they are currently working on the "Top 100" PS4 games and more will become available as time goes. No clue on upscale abilities yet, but that might be more of a how good is the "source" material problem.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I cant drive myself to finish, much less get anywhere near 100% completion on AC, Farcry or any of that shit and Horizons did. I dont know why you didnt like it, but that game was crazy good imo. The play style, combat, equipment, upgrades, crafting, lore, all of it - A+
Fighting giant Robot Dino’s with upgrades weapons and learning to trap at the right time and all that was fun but nothing else about the game was super exciting. Just optional collection quests for more upgrades and I guessed the plot twist half way through the game. It was just a copy paste of every Ubisoft game.

just didn’t vibe with me.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Overall their presentation was a lot better than Microsoft's. I was hoping for a price, but I have a feeling they plan to wait for the last minute so that can try and be competitive.
Not sure Sony could have done worse than MS's first presentation, lol.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I thought today's reveal was a mixed bag. A lot of the games they featured aren't games I'd ever play, even though the graphics looked amazing. There were so many "kids" games that they showed, I kinda felt like the reveal lost its steam in the middle. "Spiderman" looked great, as did "Godfall", "Horizon", "Demon Souls", "Resident Evil 8", and "Grand Turismo 7". Some of the other games looked intriguing, but I'd like to see some more about them. "Little Devil Inside" looked pretty interesting, as did "Death Loop," which looks like a similar game to "Dead Cells" where you continuously die, but get better each time you run the game. "Stray" had some amazing graphics, but I don't get exactly what the game is all about. Do you play the entire game as a cat??? "Project Athia" is another game I'd like to know more about. All in all, I liked most of what I saw, even though the middle kinda dragged with what seemed like a lot of games geared towards young kids.

As far as the aesthetics of the actual console, I think it's pretty cool looking. I like the futuristic look, and think it really makes it look like it's a "next gen" console. Controller also looks like it'll be a big advancement over current gen controllers with adaptive triggers, and haptic feedback. Also, I like the audio being built into the controller, with an audio jack for wired headphones. All in all, a pretty nice presentation. I'm not sure it's enough to actually get me to buy one just yet. I'm expecting the price tag to be around $599 for the non digital version, and I'm not sure the system will have enough exclusive games for me to justify purchasing one or not. I will say that the specs for the PS5 is the closest I've ever seen to competing with higher end PC's, and I can see this thing flying off the shelves for Christmas.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
My biggest issue is "Ghostwire Tokyo" I was really looking forward too what they showed earlier but now, it just seems like something(100% I'll put money down that's why Ikumi left) is off vs what they showed last year at TGS/E3..