Playstation 5

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
sony probably has a State of Play on August 6th and they will likely have to announce the price then and give a preorder date. they said a week or two ago they won't just surprise open preorders but will give info ahead of time when it will open up.

EdebcipXoAEPvsS
Thanks, good to know. I'm thinking this will be a real nice flip this holiday. Guessing the disc systems are MSRP $600 and flip for a grand, maybe more.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I hope the supply outpaces demand and scalpers have to return them all or sell at a loss.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I"m definitely pre-ordering, for myself. And I hope all the ticketmaster layoff fuckheads get railed in the asshole for trying to scalp this stuff.

The literal worst dregs of humanity.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
What the hell! Why even have these events and still not announce price and release date. They know it is bad and had to temper expectations with this tweet.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity

Mick

<Gold Donor>
What the hell! Why even have these events and still not announce price and release date. They know it is bad and had to temper expectations with this tweet.
I think they will not say anything about price until MS does first. The only quote I have seen from Sony is they are focusing value and not price and that leads me to to think this will be their most expensive console to date.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I just can't even put into words how little sense that makes. Only for ps4 titles? What?
It's Sony, expecting them to make sense is your first mistake. Remember, this is the same company that refused to support the PS3 Blu-ray remote on the PS4, and then never even made a PS4 version of it themselves.

The DS5 thing doesn't surprise me at all really, but that bit about no Headphone Companion app for PS5 really sucks. Without the app Gold and Platinum headsets are just plain old headphones.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I just can't even put into words how little sense that makes. Only for ps4 titles? What?

Because money. They want to sell new controllers at $70 a pop. These are businesses we are talking about. Businesses care about money.

I’m guessing letting the ds4 work with ps4 is to appease the “I used to be able to play this with four people on my ps4 but now I can’t on the new system unless I spend another $210 on controllers.“

It’s better than only allowing ps5 controllers no matter what, and the first system I’ve know of to allow backwards compatibility on controllers. Not that it’s something I’ve paid attention to, so maybe someone else has done it, it’s just the first time I remember seeing it.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Sony helped kill the Vita with the over priced memory cards instead of doing standard SD cards like Nintendo does. Not surprising they don't want to support old accessories.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Because money. They want to sell new controllers at $70 a pop. These are businesses we are talking about. Businesses care about money.

I’m guessing letting the ds4 work with ps4 is to appease the “I used to be able to play this with four people on my ps4 but now I can’t on the new system unless I spend another $210 on controllers.“

It’s better than only allowing ps5 controllers no matter what, and the first system I’ve know of to allow backwards compatibility on controllers. Not that it’s something I’ve paid attention to, so maybe someone else has done it, it’s just the first time I remember seeing it.
Yeah I mean I read it at the start and was like okay that's pretty sweet, and then saw PS4 titles only and facepalmed. It just doesn't even make sense from a money or technical standpoint. So you invested time and money into making sure it could support the old controllers, but are going to software lock them on games? lol. Why bother allowing them at all at that point, you just wasted time and money for no good will in a way that will just frustrate people more when they have to switch controllers for different games.

spronk

FPS noob
possible price leak in EU-land, probably means $400 PS5 digital and $500 PS5 regular but $50 for a controller seems wrong, DS4's are $65 now and cameras i think are like $80

yamm.jpg

xbox series X preorders probably coming in August, although does anyone really care since an X will play everything too

• 2Like