Playstation 5

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Might be able too find someone with a 3D printer and print off a case based on a PS4 case .... *hint*

That would need a massive printer to cover the ps5.

Source: I own a small printer that would not work.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I think he's talking about the controller only. You could probably 3D print one, then put it together with all of the components from a "real" controller.

Also, I signed up for Best Buy's pre-order notification for PS5, only because my 4 is on it's way out. I'm considering buying it just to replace my failing 4 (and play the games from it). Time will tell for sure, but it makes more sense to me as an upgrade instead of a 100% replacement.

Here's the link for Bust Buy's sign up.
Best Buy Playstation 5 Pre-Order Notification

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I remember being supremely disappointed in the PS3 launch titles, as in there weren't any really memorable games, nor did any of those games really look "next gen" graphic wise. PS2 I can't really remember what games I bought with the system. Switch had Zelda: BOTW (I know it was available on Wii U as well, but only like 20 people in the world actually bought that shit system) and Mario Kart 8 deluxe. It's crazy, but the system I remember having the best games at launch was the Sega Genesis. "Altered Beast," "Ghouls n' Ghosts," "Golden Axe," and "Thunderforce" were amazing games at the time, and really showed off how much better the Genesis was than their 8 bit rivals.

I would always get one or two really good games with new systems, and until recently I'd always get systems a couple years after they came out:

Game Boy - 1993 - Kirby's Dream Land and Metroid II
Snes - 1994 - Super Mario World and Super Metroid
PS1 - 1997 - Final Fantasy VII and FF Tactics
N64 - 1999 - Super Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, and Goldeneye
PS2 - Q1 2002 - Final Fantasy X and Dynasty Warriors 3
Gamecube - Q4 2002 - Super Mario Sunshine and Metroid Prime
PS3 - 2009 - Bioshock, Metal Gear Solid 4
Wii - 2010 - Super Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid Prime 3
PS4 - 2014 - Assassin's Creed 4 (Yeah this acquisition was a bit weak)
Wii U - 2016 - Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8
PS5 - Horizon and Demon's Souls?

I hope PS5 has a couple of classics on it that'll be as memorable as some of the above, rather than being anemic like the PS4 launch. I played AC4, had the system collect dust for a couple months, and then ended up selling the system and picking up a different one a year and a half later when Bloodborne was out, lul.

Last edited:

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would always get one or two really good games with new systems, and until recently I'd always get systems a couple years after they came out:

I hope PS5 has a couple of classics on it that'll be as memorable as some of the above, rather than being anemic like the PS4 launch. I played AC4, had the system collect dust for a couple months, and then ended up selling the system and picking up a different one a year and a half later when Bloodborne was out, lul.

No love for the Dreamcast?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>

There is little incentive for publishers who aren't Sony to invest resources into delivering AAA games at launch since the console install base will be the smallest of any point in the console's lifetime and the sales are going to be pretty lackluster.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I don’t remember any system ever having a launch lineup that wowed me. All the good shit starts coming out a year or two into it. Most of the things in that list of memorable games were later in the console life.

• 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It used to always be, using PS4 as an example, some platform game (Knack), one or two random sports games (NFL/NHL/NBA) and a token subpar shooter (Killzone).

If it didn't have backwards compatibility I'd probably sit out getting the 5 until a year down the line at least. As it is, I was late to the party getting a 4k TV so never had a reason to pick up the Pro but now feel grabbing a 5 at launch makes sense.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah main reason I'm considering it is playing PS4 games. God of War, Ghosts of Tsukishima and Red Dead 2 probably. At the same time I'm not a big fan of these genres so I don't know if I'll bother. I still need to pickup a Switch to play some games on that too and it's more stuff in the genres I like.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Sounds like Sony is shooting for 9-10 million units in 2020 rather than the rumored 5-6 million reported earlier this year, so people who aren't extremely obsessive about checking for preorder alerts might actually get be able to snag one.

Personally, having already played everything worth playing on PS4, I might put down a preorder if it really is easy to do, but will likely cancel it in favor of just getting a Series X at release.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
People that choose whether or not to buy a console because of the color are peak retard
Peak retard here, checking in. Thing looks ugly as shit in white, and there's no launch titles I just can't wait to play, so I'll be holding out for the black console.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
No love for the Dreamcast?

Was always a bit poor until around 2010. A system every few years with a couple games was a huge deal. I lucked out by getting such good games, especially with the early systems where I was like 8 and didn't know what I was doing. Basically just got games with the best box art.

Later (circa 2015+) I went back and got a lot of the systems that eluded me earlier, like the Genesis, original NES, and DS. I wanted a Dreamcast for Skies of Arcadia but it got lost in the shuffle as time went on.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Pre-Ordered mine today ... at Gamestop rofl , seems they have alot of allotment still open if you wanna take the COVID chance going in...

spronk

FPS noob
da fuq? You pre ordered a PS5? Someone scammed you, no one is taking pre orders yet

hope it wasn't a dude standing outside gamestop who "promised" you a PS5 if you "deposited" $100

• 1Worf

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
da fuq? You pre ordered a PS5? Someone scammed you, no one is taking pre orders yet

hope it wasn't a dude standing outside gamestop who "promised" you a PS5 if you "deposited" $100

Guessing he’s retarded and he signed up for the pre-order notification they have. So he pre-ordered the pre-order I guess.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Guessing he’s retarded and he signed up for the pre-order notification they have. So he pre-ordered the pre-order I guess.

1C21B277-3102-4AF4-B6D2-F3248F0DBDF7.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob

just tell us the price and date you fucks no one gives a shit about what you did to revolutionize portable dicks

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>

just tell us the price and date you fucks no one gives a shit about what you did to revolutionize portable dicks
Controller will never be as good as the Xbox controller as long as it's being manufactured by Japs with tiny hands and tiny pee pees.

• 1Picard

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
The more I see of ps5 just coming in white the more it garauntees I won't be buying one till we get a black version. Initial line up still doesn't warrant buying one either.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users