Playstation 5

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
"Death Loop," which looks like a similar game to "Dead Cells" where you continuously die, but get better each time you run the game.

It's essentially going to be Dishonored with guns. Same studio, same engine. I'm hyped!

Malkav

French Madman
Eeeeh, nothing much excited me except Project Athia and Horizon.
Athia may be multiplatform though, and with the release of the first Horizon on PC, we can hope the second one will too.

Also dubious about the cooling design of the hardware, and not even a glimpse of the software (and we all know the UI will probably suck).

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Probably gonna wait and see what kind of trade in deals you can get with a Pro, otherwise meh, I have plenty of shit in the back log to hold me over until this is cheaper and games are on sale. (also just got a Switch)

joz123

Potato del Grande
I'm always excited for more Ratchet and Clank. Will most likely wait till next year when more games come out for it. They gotta have a new FF planned.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Its just sad there isnt this graphical oomph that came with new console generations. It looks more like a smooth transition nowdays and every new game they showed, i was like, well my pc can run this better.

That said, am lookin foward to it for 3 reasons. Kids games being weirdly the first... for the first time i look at games with the "that could be cool with my son perspective". Secondly, finally chillin on a couch to game (been years i did that). Thirdly, catching up on the big ps4 library when they do patch it in.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Its just sad there isnt this graphical oomph that came with new console generations. It looks more like a smooth transition nowdays and every new game they showed, i was like, well my pc can run this better.

That said, am lookin foward to it for 3 reasons. Kids games being weirdly the first... for the first time i look at games with the "that could be cool with my son perspective". Secondly, finally chillin on a couch to game (been years i did that). Thirdly, catching up on the big ps4 library when they do patch it in.

Eh, I'd wait until you see these running on a 4K UHD OLED before claiming they don't pack a graphic punch. These are also the very first games, and they always evolve over the course of the system. I'd imagine these are going to look a lot better than you think. Killing the load times will be nice too. Plugging in and moving my games over ton external SSD on my ps4 helped enjoy the console so much more, I'm not even sure most people are aware they can do that. At least that will be the default with this new generation.

Obviously a PC is going to do better though, as always.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
It's essentially going to be Dishonored with guns. Same studio, same engine. I'm hyped!

There is something about Arkane Studio games I cannot get into. Dishonored, Dishonored 2, and Prey. Disliked all of them. I do not know if it's the engine, art style, game play, stories... I just can't put my finger on it.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
PS5 seems pretty fucking huge

IMG_20200611_235818.jpg

also Spiderman Miles Morales has been confirmed as an expansion to the first game, not a full blown new game. Still holiday 2020, not really clear if its gonna run only on PS5 or not.

• 1WTF

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I liked the overall look of the PS5 for sure... still wish it was black as I really hate white on my consumer products. I still like Xbox's design better from a functionality stand point but it's clear Sony didn't skimp on ventilation at all so I'm ok with it. The games all look great if you are into their perspective genre, outside of that Furry nightmare one. WTF. I'm personally excited for Godfall and Assassin's Creed Vahalla personally for launch. That is more than enough to keep me busy. The rest as they come out: GT7, Square's game, Sackboy for the family, Demon Souls (never got to play the original), and Horizon. I'm all in for this if the backwards compatibility doesn't end up being super limited on previous games.

Szlia

Even in the case of some insane technological breakthrough, the evolution of visual fidelity in games is condemned to be on a logarithmic curve : the perceivable jump from a generation of console to the next is getting smaller and smaller. I suspect though that what this new generation of console is trying to do with data management could result in a very noticeable change in how games feel to play. Imagine a modern AAA game with the almost non existent load times and UI reactivity of a 8 bit / 16 bit era cartridge game...

• 1Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Eeeeh, nothing much excited me except Project Athia and Horizon.
Athia may be multiplatform though, and with the release of the first Horizon on PC, we can hope the second one will too.

Also dubious about the cooling design of the hardware, and not even a glimpse of the software (and we all know the UI will probably suck).

Athia has been confirmed for PC.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
PS5 seems pretty fucking huge

IMG_20200611_235818.jpg

also Spiderman Miles Morales has been confirmed as an expansion to the first game, not a full blown new game. Still holiday 2020, not really clear if its gonna run only on PS5 or not.

so pretty much only the even numbered playstations look good, huh
1591979276542.jpeg

spronk

FPS noob
ps5 cooling is off the chain, it'll not only cool the console but your whole room

IMG_20200612_030851.jpg

• 14Worf
Reactions: 13 users

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So the next Xbox is a fridge, the next PS is a kitchen worktop, I wonder what's the consumer target.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So the next Xbox is a fridge, the next PS is a kitchen worktop, I wonder what's the consumer target.
isn't the joke that the playstations are modeled after real life buildings? what ugly ass building is the ps5 from?