Playstation 5

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Even if those prices are real for EU (the controller @ 49.99 makes me very skeptical of the whole thiing), there's no way Sony is going to do a 1:1 euro:dollar conversion. It would be $499 and $599 which I think is what most people are expecting anyway.

spronk

FPS noob

sony had their investor conf today and said they expect to announce PS5 pricing and release date info "sometime in August", but probably not the state of play thing in 2 days.

They also mentioned TLOU2 sold 4m copies in 72 hours while Ghost of Tsushima sold 2.4m copies.

• 2Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
600 bucks is gonna be a wait and see from me. Only thing im dying to play is Demon Souls remaster. Not sure when that will be out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I'm in for $400 - anything over that and I'll probably wait until they do the refresh into a PS5 Pro that isn't fucking white. Not like there is anything to play on launch that won't be played better on my PC

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
The white BS looking thing is a big enough deterrent to not grab one for a long while after the release. After the shit announcement about Avengers spider man, fuck them

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I don’t care what color it is, it’s going on the shelf to die from re-breathing it’s exhaust heat. How else is it going to smell like vagina?

• 1Truth!

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>

sony had their investor conf today and said they expect to announce PS5 pricing and release date info "sometime in August", but probably not the state of play thing in 2 days.

They also mentioned TLOU2 sold 4m copies in 72 hours while Ghost of Tsushima sold 2.4m copies.

Those numbers don't say anything without knowing the dev costs / marketing budget.

TLOU1 sold near 20 million copies, I don't think TLOU2 will, and a 3rd version will just bomb.

TLOU2 wiki page states the game was "review bombed on metacritic", resulting in a 3.4 fan score, failing to mention the fanscore on metacritic is still terrible. If the game sold so well, why haven't these millions of folks corrected the review score?

Total shitshow.

• 2Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
This guy did, apparently

I've proactively consulted several reputable sources and its likely his stepsister is involved.

I listed by views, so this is empirical evidence.

• 2Worf

spronk

FPS noob
Those numbers don't say anything without knowing the dev costs / marketing budget.

TLOU1 sold near 20 million copies, I don't think TLOU2 will, and a 3rd version will just bomb.

TLOU2 wiki page states the game was "review bombed on metacritic", resulting in a 3.4 fan score, failing to mention the fanscore on metacritic is still terrible. If the game sold so well, why haven't these millions of folks corrected the review score?

Total shitshow.

I mean i think TLOU2 is an absolute shit show travesty and I will never give them a cent for it or play it even its free on PS+ because fuck playing an ugly Tranbo "female" but I also don't lie to myself: TLOU2 sold extremely well, a fuck ton of retarded 20-something zoomers loved it because they are retarded, and more Western studios will make more games that prominently feature "diversity" because of how successful TLOU2 was. Just like Black Panther and Captain Marvel each grossed $1b, that will definitely affect future Marvel movies and I probably won't like them very much.

One of the best pieces of advice my dad gave me: Lie to other people all you want, but never lie to yourself about the world or your place in it. I am no longer the market for western game devs. Thats fine, I got Japanese devs with big titty hot anime bitches and I doubt Call of Duty is gonna stray too far from "shoot people kill shit".

• 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I mean i think TLOU2 is an absolute shit show travesty and I will never give them a cent for it or play it even its free on PS+ because fuck playing an ugly Tranbo "female" but I also don't lie to myself: TLOU2 sold extremely well, a fuck ton of retarded 20-something zoomers loved it because they are retarded, and more Western studios will make more games that prominently feature "diversity" because of how successful TLOU2 was. Just like Black Panther and Captain Marvel each grossed $1b, that will definitely affect future Marvel movies and I probably won't like them very much.

I tried really hard but don't see how you make any point which I didn't cover.

You agree that short-term sales were great, that as a fan, you won't play the game or the next one, and that other franchises which got ruined lost you?

Almost sounds like you are saying IPs get sacrificed for short-term numbers.

spronk

FPS noob
I tried really hard but don't see how you make any point which I didn't cover.

You agree that short-term sales were great, that as a fan, you won't play the game or the next one, and that other franchises which got ruined lost you?

Almost sounds like you are saying IPs get sacrificed for short-term numbers.

i'm saying you think that TLOU2 won't sell as well as TLOU1 and imply that dev/marketing costs will cause the game to be a "failure". 4m sold THROUGH copies in just June (it was released June 19th), of which 70%+ were digital (Sony financial report) means the games already netted $240m in revenue of which a higher percentage will go to Sony due to digital. God of War and HZD1 and TLOU1 were all in the $40-50m budget range, TLOU2 is likely topping out at $100m budget but probably closer to $50m.

No matter how you slice it its gonna be crazy profitable, and while it probably won't reach 20m of TLOU1 I don't think anyone expects it to - that includes PS3 and PS4 versions. The PS4 version of TLOU1 sold 1m in the first month and around 10m lifetime, and TLOU2 will easily beat that in 6 months. The PS4 user base is just far, far larger now. I'd love to see Ghosts of Tsushima beat TLOU2 in sales but I don't think its gonna happen.

No reviewer is really critical of the game, and virtually nobody talks about how silly Abby is as a character / look. and tbh if it wasn't for Abby I'd be mostly fine with the game, it does nothing with world building but the ellie/revenge stuff is standard boring video game stuff.

• 1EyeRoll

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Ready to buy this. Still no announcement? Not even price. This is one of the weirdest console launch years ever, given the lack of hype and information.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Considering the mid generation upgrades, i guess its harder to deliver some wow factor. Hey look, you can blow on the remote!!1!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Does anyone like that gimmicky shit? I wish they’d remove the speaker, light, and touchpad so they could reduce the price down to a reasonable amount. I have never played anything where those things added any value to my experience. In fact they’ve pissed me off and I have black tape covering up the light, and turn all speaker nonsense off.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users