Playstation 5

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Yes, Control has the next gen update. I like the ray tracing. It really adds a new element to the game that I never knew I was missing. For example: running by a window and seeing my reflection when I'm not expecting it and some other visual effects. The 60fps is also nice but I personally prefer the ray tracing more in this game.

spronk

FPS noob
Control Ultimate Edition has the PS5 patch, the base game does not. I 100%'d the game (it was free on PS+ for Feb) and I really enjoyed it, played on PS5 and it was really fast and smooth, 60 fps with insane load times. I really, really enjoyed the game - very x-files meets "old school RPG" in terms of story unfolding via reading log files, notes, etc you discover. There are a couple of levels that are absolutely brilliant in every way but talking about it would spoil it. The game play can be extremely difficult and hard at points, but the game does let you tweak built in cheats (auto aim, modifiers to damage out and in, energy, shields, etc) and I just turned on some shit so I could play the story and not worry about dying to shit I can't see. You aren't penalized at all for cheating.

Judgement is pretty good, I think the mainline Yakuza series is WAY better but it doesn't mean Judgement is bad. I thought the main character was kinda boring, the story a bit too japanese (the main plot point doesn't really make much sense to me), and it takes place almost entirely in Kamarucho which is the city for most of the Yakuza games so it feels very repetitive to me. So far my rankings would be

Y7 > Y0 > Y2 > Y1 > ?? > Judgement > Y6 (i havent played Y3-5, about 30% into Y7 now on PS5)

Y7 does have a PS5 patch too btw, 60 fps and crazy load times. Literally 3 seconds from start on dashboard to playing in game.

spronk

FPS noob
rumor is April PS+ is gonna be Days Gone, Zombie Army 4, and the new Oddworld game. The last one is PS5 only, the other two are PS4/PS5.

another new digital sale, nothing crazy but good deals like RDR2, Persona 5 Deluxe, Uncharted 4, Dark Souls 3, Bloodborne, etc

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
yeah their website is just absolute trash now. you have to login (top right) hope it works, its like 20% chance, and then you can usually atc/add to library under the title. If you aren't logged in it doesn't tell you fuck all and just shows the products at the bottom, and half the time when you login it doesn't actually do anything. great website, Sony

spronk

FPS noob
Oddworld Soulstorm is up, free for PS5 PS+

Its a 15 gig download on PS5, supposed to be decent game

Days Gone and Zombie Army 4 should go up later today

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Random email invites for PS Direct went out, last time they did a queue sale later in the day after the invite period so late Tuesday afternoon is a possible.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Anybody have an extra PS5 for sale or trade?
Jim Carrey Laugh GIF

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I got in after 20 minutes of queue but disc versions were already sold out.

edit: someone is claiming to get an email invite for 4/15, so possibly Thursday for next PS Direct drop

Last edited:

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Maybe Xexx Xexx our local scalper. Maybe would cut a forum bro a deal. First you have to explain what KRA is.
Yeah, of course, I don't mind paying a little extra and obviously shipping, but ¿KRA? tough one, I think I could let them in, on the secret of KRA!. KRA!!! Yeah, be lucky to catch one online with my work, I don't have time to fuck off on my cell phone, people need their public works(Sewer, water, pipes that are broken on our side of their water meter(easement) fixed to better, newer, cleaner meters, vaults, and backflow preventers updated. So looks like to me, I am just going to wait until I get one off the shelf unless I get a decent offer(haahahaahha). If you don't want to help out a fellow FoH'er that's fine! Make that extra 500 dollars, I am not hating at all. I've been conditioned like a pavlovian dog to accept I won't be getting a PS5 anytime soon. Maybe by June when my B-Day comes around.

Weirdly, the scalpers and bots are basically numbing my emotion on even fucking caring anymore, or that might be depression ;) KRA!!! FUCK!! KRA!!

PS
When bands(TOOL in particular) start touring again, I will American History X a scalper or botter if they fuck me over on getting a VIP ticket, those feelings are real. KRA!