Playstation 5

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
A half-gen doesn't need to do a full "Pro" level increase this time around, it would be more like a Slim with better cooling and some more processor power. No company will be shooting for beyond 4K and top end games would be nowhere close to 120 FPS. So when the price point drops on hardware to guarantee 4K60 with all HDMI 2.1 options accounted for that would be the PS5 Slim. Any development aim past that point would be better suited for a PS6.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
A half-gen doesn't need to do a full "Pro" level increase this time around, it would be more like a Slim with better cooling and some more processor power. No company will be shooting for beyond 4K and top end games would be nowhere close to 120 FPS. So when the price point drops on hardware to guarantee 4K60 with all HDMI 2.1 options accounted for that would be the PS5 Slim. Any development aim past that point would be better suited for a PS6.
The joke was more around the dates; call it what you will.

waynes world wayne GIF by chuber channel

spronk

FPS noob
at my age the 7 seconds i save every time i load into Yakuza 7 makes the ps5 worth it. thats 7 more seconds of living, baby. which ironically is more than the time it took to post this

amazon supposed to have a massive (46k units) restock monday

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

joz123

Potato del Grande
at my age the 7 seconds i save every time i load into Yakuza 7 makes the ps5 worth it. thats 7 more seconds of living, baby. which ironically is more than the time it took to post this

amazon supposed to have a massive (46k units) restock monday
They will still sell out within seconds.

I need to do a second playthrough since I got the PS5 but I read the saves don't carry over.

Stave

Potato del Grande
As I said at launch, Sony totally lost the thread with the hardware this gen. I guess in context, if you are only thinking in a big room context, sure but the shape is so unusual, and not in a good way. "Piano-Big" is how I described it at launch. I look forward to 2025 when I can buy the PS5 Pro that launched in 2023 with sleek design. The software, UI, interface, etc is top-notch, though and there are so many great games, like Ghost of Tsushima, that I still need to finish, and are to come. XBox Hardware is so much better, though, and the UX is so close, I am like 10:1 on games XSX vs. PS5. CP2077 and Outriders Demo are only two new games I have the PS5, in part because the storage is so limited.
I don't see why any PC gamer with a good PC would buy an Xbox anymore. All of xbox's big exclusives come to PC as well. Seems like PS5 is the perfect companion.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I need to do a second playthrough since I got the PS5 but I read the saves don't carry over.
I wonder what the reason for that is. I played Y7 pretty much equal amounts across PC/X1X/XSX just by transferring my cloud save around, so I don't see why the PS4/PS5 versions wouldn't work the same way. Actually made me sort of concerned about FF7 Intergrade, since I have the physical copy of it on PS4 and held off on my NG+/Hard mode playthrough in order to play the upgraded version. It's been confirmed that PS4 saves will be useable though, so it's not some sort of global issue with all cross-gen games, fortunately.

I don't see why any PC gamer with a good PC would buy an Xbox anymore. All of xbox's big exclusives come to PC as well. Seems like PS5 is the perfect companion.
I have all three options and XSX gets by far the most use. Some games are better on PC because m/k is vastly superior for them, or a 21:9 monitor is a huge benefit, but if I'm going to be using a gamepad either way, I'd rather have the big screen + HDR that isn't retarded + proper 7.1 surround.

PS5 is fine for exclusives and PS4 games I already own. I barely even noticed when my PS5 was dead for 3 weeks though (finally said fuck it and did a factory reset that fixed it....for now, but I suspect the problem will eventually return and I'll end up having to get warranty service).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob

only a small fraction of games being put on gamepass also get a gamepass PC release. in the future i'm sure it'll get better, but also the gamepass PC app is pretty much garbage between UWP, installs, gamepass, etc. It works as a "Free bonus", but if it was the ONLY way you play gamepass games its a shit experience.

I play my series X almost as much as my ps5, just to fuck around with random gamepass games i'd never normally pay money or attention to. I actually prefer playing on my PC with the new xcloud beta app, it lets me start the games on xcloud immediately without any download, its just streaming (think stadia, geforce now, etc) of gamepass games but lets me decide within 15 minutes if its a game I am sorta interested in or a hard pass. Then if I like the game I download & play on my xbox, and whatever progress I have carries over automatically. Its really nice so far.

It is the early first year of the new consoles, so power parity is pretty good with top end PC. In 2-3 years a high end 4xxx series PC will blow away an xbox/ps5 and then i'd probably switch more to PC gaming again, but for now I am really liking the ease of consoles. I haven't updated my nvidia driver in 5 months, fuck yeah

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
only a small fraction of games being put on gamepass also get a gamepass PC release. in the future i'm sure it'll get better, but also the gamepass PC app is pretty much garbage between UWP, installs, gamepass, etc. It works as a "Free bonus", but if it was the ONLY way you play gamepass games its a shit experience.

I play my series X almost as much as my ps5, just to fuck around with random gamepass games i'd never normally pay money or attention to. I actually prefer playing on my PC with the new xcloud beta app, it lets me start the games on xcloud immediately without any download, its just streaming (think stadia, geforce now, etc) of gamepass games but lets me decide within 15 minutes if its a game I am sorta interested in or a hard pass. Then if I like the game I download & play on my xbox, and whatever progress I have carries over automatically. Its really nice so far.

It is the early first year of the new consoles, so power parity is pretty good with top end PC. In 2-3 years a high end 4xxx series PC will blow away an xbox/ps5 and then i'd probably switch more to PC gaming again, but for now I am really liking the ease of consoles. I haven't updated my nvidia driver in 5 months, fuck yeah
This. I have come to hate fiddle-fucking with my kids' PCs. I have three rigs that are 3/4th built but need to swap CPUs to do bios upgrades, or I need a new video card to complete, or the LED fan controllers don't work and I don't want to spend an afternoon when I am working 70 hour weeks troubleshooting FAN CONTROLLERS. Cases now all require routing, or extension power supply cables, or they have power supply shrouds and holy shit does that just bother the fuck out of me. It's like guy make up. Even my NZXT H1 was apparently going to burn my house down if I didn't by plastic screws and swap that out. And to circle back, I have to swap out the 2700+ out of another build I didn't finish to flash the bios to so my 5600x will work. I am closing in being a prebuilt customer after building machines since 1994. I can't find the combination of case/mb/cpu I want to build out and who can ever find video cards anymore.

For 500 bucks, though, at the start of the cycle I get 90% what a PC would get me and infinity of what a card I can't buy would get me, no networking issues, no support issues, etc.

• 3Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Amazon dropped some xbox series S around noon EST, I'm not sure if that's an indicator for current gen ones coming later.

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Thought I posted in here yesterday but it did not take it seems.

Are there any exclusives at all or planned for the ps5? I guess God of War?

This is the first console generation I don't have any interest in. My PC is decked out with current year tech so maybe that's why.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

This is the first console generation I don't have any interest in. My PC is decked out with current year tech so maybe that's why.
Demon's Souls remake so far, and that free game that comes with the console. They announced the new Ratchet and Clank and a couple of other less big games as exclusives during the initial reveal. Not that much and they haven't released yet, kinda terrible time to release. I bought mine just to play PS4 games tbh, cause fuck the PS4 hard drive.

• 3Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider

Here is a top 10 list.

I fear the to2 are 2022.

it’s still early so not a ton of exclusive yet

• 2Like

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Thanks, might need to buy it once HZD 2 and GoW 2 releases. Guessing HZD will take ages to get to PC.

Mourg

Trakanon Raider
Meanwhile, I'll be playing all the ps4 games on it that I skipped since the pro was announced.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I still plan on waiting until the black version comes out, if it does. Who knows...
There's custom faceplates but it seems hard to get them, I'm guessing cause of Sony's legal threats and because there might not be enough demand yet to start a big production, not sure, you can preorder some directly from China. Can also put some wrappers on the existing plates apparently. The faceplates are really easy to remove though, like no screws or anything, you just pull a corner and then slide them right off, so you can easily mod them yourself if it's such a big issue. Mine's behind my TV anyway so I can't even see its ugly face.

spronk

FPS noob

game looks kinda meh, who the fuck besides trannies wanna play as a middle age ugly woman

• 1Smuggly
  • 1Barf
  • 1Like